User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being lost?

46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I like it

12 26.09%
  • I have enjoyed it on occasion

17 36.96%
  • No I don't like enjoy it

16 34.78%
  • I have never been lost

1 2.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you enjoy being lost?

Senior Member Array Anaximander's Avatar
    9w1 sp/sx

I enjoy the experience of getting lost when driving in a new city or wandering through a museum, etc. Finding my way back is also fun. Maps are fun; scanning my surroundings and mapping the terrain in my brain is fun. Fuck GPS, too easy, no skill involved in using it. Technology is cool but it can impede us in our ability to be self-sufficient. Over-reliance on it will spell our doom if civilization and infrastructure collapses.
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned."

4w5 sx/sp

i have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know, so it happens too easily to be enjoyable most of the time. i rely almost entirely on GPS and landmarks to find my way.

i was staying in SF for a few weeks, which I don't know my way around at all, and ended up taking a bus the wrong direction into what is apparently the worst neighborhood in the city. had to wander around for 3 hours before finding a train station that told me where I was. it was kinda fun but I also missed a final exam... lol.

also got lost in Honolulu alone when I was 13 and saw my first IRL hookers.
    Likes Daenera liked this post

4w5 sp/sx

I have a terrible sense of direction. I pretty much expect to get lost if I haven't done some very careful research planning ahead of time. When I have the time I just head out to get somewhere knowing that I'll have a little adventure in not knowing where I am. It's great, I explore new parts of town, and just feeling lost is amazing. It's not nearly as fun when you're driving and in a less interesting place, though.

I'm jumping aboard the 'bad sense of direction" train. Fuck. We're gonna get lost aren't we?
    The thing with me is that regardless if I'm walking alone or with someone else my mind is never actually there.
    I'm either thinking about something else or paying attention to what the other person is saying, the world around is just a blur, unless of course I force myself to pay attention, so it's probably more an attention issue for me than anything else.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I like getting lost in thought, does that count?
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good