User Tag List

123 Last

Default Dreams, how do you experience such fantastic ones?

Whenever I hear people talk about flying in their dreams or casting magic or [insert cool things that you can only do in dreams]. I always think.... "boy how I'd wished I had such amazing dreams."

I mean, the only dream that I can truly call amazing is me walking on water. I don't think I ever had dreamed of goblins, dragons, knights, swords, magic, sci-fi technology...... etc....Everything is just a big load of meh.

I would sooooooo love to have more active dreams.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Do you remember a large amount of your dreams?

Dreams are often symbolic of deeper meanings. Perhaps these are just not unconscious symbols that pertain to your waking life.

BTW. Walking on water is pretty dern cool, too.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yeah, how is your dream recall?

I'm sure that you're experiencing some neat stuff and simply not remembering much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Do you remember a large amount of your dreams?

Dreams are often symbolic of deeper meanings. Perhaps these are just not unconscious symbols that pertain to your waking life.

BTW. Walking on water is pretty dern cool, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Yeah, how is your dream recall?

I'm sure that you're experiencing some neat stuff and simply not remembering much of it.
    I did think about writing any and all dreams that I had when I woke up, but that didn't really occur.

There is only a few that are truly memorable.

One of them was that I was in an amusement park at a fairly cool place and then walking into a humid place mere seconds later, some place like New Mexico or Texas or something... I saw like those bullhead bones or something.... gave me the strangest feeling when I woke up.

Another one I almost got stabbed by a guy that looked like a hallow.

Another one was just random flickering images... it went from Stonehenge to like those giant Easter island head-statues, it felt like it was giving me a history lesson

The one I just mentioned about the water? Well, before that occurred, it was a big wall of snow that just melted. I think this was the only two-part dream that I can ever remember. The first time I dreamed of it, my dream stopped at the wall of blanket-white snow. The second time the dream occurred, it melted and I started seeing something of a coast town and a huge ocean. Somehow, I just decided to like walk on water. When the dreamed occurred, I immediately could remember the first part of the dream and quickly made a mental note that it was my first ever continuation dream.

But hah, my idea of interesting and fun is dreaming of things in fantasy and sci-fi, which I really don't think I have dreamed many of them (or any.) It would seem really interesting to dream of dragons and those sort.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Rail Tracer

Try spending a few minutes after waking to just reflect on your dreams, rather than jumping into go-go-go mode. And try to write down what little bit you can recall. The more you practice dream recall, the easier it becomes. There are even tips online you can look up.

Those dreams seem pretty symbolic by the way. Think of the imagery as a surreal painting. You're walking from this happy go lucky setting into one slightly more dreadful. Maybe it's going from childhood to adulthood, or something else that might have been occurring in your life at the time.

And the wall of snow that melted to water that you could walk on. First we have a wall. Perhaps you had one built up around you. Then it melted down into a huge puddle of water (water=emotional state, which can be coarse, or a storm, or can even drown in), that you conquered and walked across, making amends into the world of people in this peaceful coastal type village imagery.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I think the most important thing is to engage in a conversation the day before you sleep...

to express yourself fully and deeply in a conversation, and to also be excited by new ideas that are presented to you -
    to hear ideas articulated in a unique and singular meaningful way.
    to connect with someone, and know that this connection is made more powerful because it is ephemeral.

@IndyAnnaJoan

A notebook and a pen, gotcha. I heard this is also the way people end up lucid dreaming. Like, after a while of documenting dreams, the dreamer starts noticing reoccuring themes/patterns. When the dreamer notice these patterns is when he/she notice that it is a dream and start making stuff up while trying to remain lucid. I haven't found anything that is really reoccuring in most dreams, or that it is too obscure to notice (unless I think the dream is very important.)

Now I think my dreams aren't so bad after all. I'd probably bore you if I said that zombies were a reoccuring nightmare but that is because Resident Evil scared the crap out of me when it first came out.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    A few months ago I had a dream that featured a very strange sort of character. He seemed to be a cross between a rooster and a baby. He was rather loud and crass and routinely got kicked by the people he insulted.

I have no idea what that means.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    A few months ago I had a dream that featured a very strange sort of character. He seemed to be a cross between a rooster and a baby. He was rather loud and crass and routinely got kicked by the people he insulted.

I have no idea what that means.
    Roosters-pride, cocky, show off, etc.
    Babies-pure, innocent, vulnerable
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    @IndyAnnaJoan

A notebook and a pen, gotcha. I heard this is also the way people end up lucid dreaming. Like, after a while of documenting dreams, the dreamer starts noticing reoccuring themes/patterns. When the dreamer notice these patterns is when he/she notice that it is a dream and start making stuff up while trying to remain lucid. I haven't found anything that is really reoccuring in most dreams, or that it is too obscure to notice (unless I think the dream is very important.)

Now I think my dreams aren't so bad after all. I'd probably bore you if I said that zombies were a reoccuring nightmare but that is because Resident Evil scared the crap out of me when it first came out.
    Yea, definitely. Anytime I would start to get that falling or flying sensation, I would always realize I was dreaming and slip into lucid dreaming.

Zombies-braindead folks, emotionally detached, feeling powerless trying to escape
    -John Green