User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I have vivid dreams often, and one reoccurring dream. They are almost always in depth with a "story" kinda like a c list film with random props and tangents that lead nowhere. Its not always fun, I have had some that I can still see in my mind, as if it actually happened. Sometimes I wish I couldn't, having a vivid nightmare is terrifying.

back to the point, some people say to drink a lot of apple juice before bed (could just be a wives tale)
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Infinite Bubble

You could try polyphasic sleep. Because you only do ~20 min cycles at a time, the body adjusts and goes into REM sleep almost straight away, and similarly, the hypnopompic state leading from REM to wakefulness is shorter and you'll find you can remember vividly the dream(s) you had.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    I have vivid dreams often, and one reoccurring dream. They are almost always in depth with a "story" kinda like a c list film with random props and tangents that lead nowhere. Its not always fun, I have had some that I can still see in my mind, as if it actually happened. Sometimes I wish I couldn't, having a vivid nightmare is terrifying.

back to the point, some people say to drink a lot of apple juice before bed (could just be a wives tale)
    I've also heard pizza before bed. Or general, eating too close to bed time. IDK.

Usually alcohol will induce crazy dreams for me. Probably has more to do with the fact that it causes me to wake up and doze back off again.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

My dreams were a lot more awesome back in the days when I was reading lots of supernatural fantasy stories and horror stories. When I was a teenager I dreamed about going on adventures to other dimensions and other worlds inside the mind. Some things changed in my adulthood and I don't have good dreams anymore... long story....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Ins
    Socionics
    intp

I like to imagine being wrapped up in the depths of our God, the Spaghetti Monster. His meat touching my meat, his warm pasta wrapped upon me. Suddenly, he submerges me into an intense dream with us going on various dates. Walking through the park, eating gelato, my hand and his pasta accidentally touching when we reach into a bowl of whatever the hell he likes to eat...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm no use here. I dream every single night, remember them most mornings enough to record them, and they're frequently vivid enough that sleep paralysis is necessary and I'm quite the opposite of lucid dreamers: I frequently don't realize it's a dream. The only thing that makes me note I'm not dreaming is sometimes I'll hear outside voices from others in my dream and it sounds different.

What I do recommend:
    Daydream more.
    Methodically think about dreams when you have them before you rouse and open your eyes. Go over the events and try to recall details in chronological order.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Melatonin creates crazy dreams. I take .5 mg every night. But even without that, I've found that the later I sleep in the crazier my dreams. This morning I even had a lucid dream, which is rare for me. I became aware that I was dreaming and was trying to wake up, but I didn't know how to.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

WALMART

the other night aliens revealed themselves to society

and another i unleashed a curse of animated dolls that possessed my house

my dead dog whisked across the floor with his tongue lolled out and a stupid grin across his face

it was awesome

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

^Yes to what Mal12345 said; I've had some really bizarre and vivid dreams after taking melatonin.

Also, caffeine (or any other stimulant, really) tends to take my dreams' intensity up a notch and sometimes gives me hypnagogic visions, but for obvious reasons I don't recommend often consuming stimulants before trying to sleep.

Looking at surrealist art, reading about others' dreams and trying to decipher symbols really fuels my imagination, stimulates the symbol-creating part of my mind, and causes me to have richer dreams than usual. Likewise, if I'm stuck in boring routines and spending all day doing tedious tasks, my dreams tend to become mundane.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Whenever I hear people talk about flying in their dreams or casting magic or [insert cool things that you can only do in dreams]. I always think.... "boy how I'd wished I had such amazing dreams."

I mean, the only dream that I can truly call amazing is me walking on water. I don't think I ever had dreamed of goblins, dragons, knights, swords, magic, sci-fi technology...... etc....Everything is just a big load of meh.

I would sooooooo love to have more active dreams.
    To be honest, I don't usually remember what I dream about!
    The ones I do remember, though, make no sense whatsoever.
    ...Absolute surrealist mumbo jumbo.
    But that's dreams for you.