First 123

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    You mean those people who drive very slowly behind you waiting to get your parking spot? I get really annoyed by them too. I like when they are following me, but I'm just dropping something off in my car and not leaving. I could turn and give them the "I'm not leaving" hand gesture, but I just keep walking like I'm oblivious to the sound of their engine behind me.
    That's what I do.

Once I actually didn't have anything to drop off, but I pretended I was just doing that and played around in my backseat awhile until they got mad and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't mind someone following me to get my space if they're not obnoxious about it, and follow behind at a respectable distance. I figure everyone wants a good space. It's just human nature. What I can't stand is when you're waiting on a space and some douche comes from the opposite direction and acts like he didn't see you waiting for it. I seriously want to kill people like that.
    Towanda!!!!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

People who prefer to shout at their friends/family members in public instead of moving their fat asses 20 feet closer so they can converse like adults.
    I don't wanna!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's what I do.
    What do you do when someone barges into your workspace while you're trying to get something done, and cannot be prevented from reading Kipling poetry to you in a bad, loud Cockney accent... for the third time that day?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    What do you do when someone barges into your workspace while you're trying to get something done, and cannot be prevented from reading Kipling poetry to you in a bad, loud Cockney accent... for the third time that day?
    Don't be so hard on yourself, your Cockney accent wasn't THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    People who prefer to shout at their friends/family members in public instead of moving their fat asses 20 feet closer so they can converse like adults.
    "WHAAA...? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! WHHAAAAT???"

*groan*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I pretended I was just doing that and played around in my backseat awhile until they got mad and left.
    Seeing you "play around" in the backseat would probably make me mad as well. Or confused.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    lol That's a good one.

I also dislike ignorant sales people. A person in sales should have a decent idea of the products they are selling.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    lol That's a good one.

I also dislike ignorant sales people. A person in sales should have a decent idea of the products they are selling.
    It might be hard to convince people to sell a lot of those products if they actually understood what they were.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It might be hard to convince people to sell a lot of those products if they actually understood what they were.
    lol

Well, it's just annoying to go in for something, only to have the sales person not know what they're talking about. Yet, they speak to me as if they do. Especially when it comes to the chemical makeup of a product. Don't tell me x is d when it's really a.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    lol

Well, it's just annoying to go in for something, only to have the sales person not know what they're talking about. Yet, they speak to me as if they do. Especially when it comes to the chemical makeup of a product. Don't tell me x is d when it's really a.
    We live in a society where persuasion is often as easy as sounding like you know what you're talking about. The words that come out of a person's mouth are not even secondary. They are perhaps in seventeenth place in terms of importance.

I don't like it. I've just noticed that's the way it has been.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    We live in a society where persuasion is often as easy as sounding like you know what you're talking about. The words that come out of a person's mouth are not even secondary. They are perhaps in seventeenth place in terms of importance.

I don't like it. I've just noticed that's the way it has been.
    Ah, you have a point.

In my case, persuasion has at times become outright lying. I look up chem ingredients before I buy a product. I am cognizant of what's in it and what it does. When a sales person tells me differently in an attempt to sound legitimate, I get annoyed. That's all.