User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Restored: 3 months before Zarathustra is allowed out to play?

--Thread Split--

I can see Zarathustra ranting on his island that Jennifer got back into power just to ban him.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 05-25-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: indicated thread split

Ginkgo

Default Restored: 3 months before Zarathustra is allowed out to play?

Well maybe he shouldn't have jumped down her throat.

His ban saved me the effort of telling him why I wasn't going to support him in his thread.

Off Topic Posts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

BTW the discussion about Zara was already underway when Jennifer was added back into the mix, and she quickly recused herself from that discussion since a post addressing her (that was reported by other posters, not by Jennifer) factored into the ban decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    BTW the discussion about Zara was already underway when Jennifer was added back into the mix, and she quickly recused herself from that discussion since a post addressing her (that was reported by other posters, not by Jennifer) factored into the ban decision.
    Government lies, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

His ban saved me the effort of telling him why I wasn't going to support him in his thread.

Off Topic Posts
    Seems like tertiary Fi went awry, who knows for what reason(s).

ETA: did Jennifer edit and comment his posts?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

Off Topic Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

EDIT: oh, Zara claims that there has been a lot more footage and we're all just ignoring it or not looking in the right places. Yeah. Okay. Thanks.
    Did you happen to see the Mermaid footage that Discovery ran in the last few years? It was spectacular.
    Did you understand this^^?? Absolutely not taking sides...just this is basically like saying "you're a dumbfuck" to someone everyone knows is reactive. Not feeling good about this site lately...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Did you understand this^^?? Absolutely not taking sides...just this is basically like saying "you're a dumbfuck" to someone everyone knows is reactive. Not feeling good about this site lately...
    I interpreted it as "The History Channel isn't an infallible source of information - in fact it heavily relies on sensationalism to market itself."

It's a choice as to whether you want to take it personally or not.

I share the sentiment about the site. I also have a new blog where I don't really talk about it per se. And stuff. Also logic.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I quite understand it. The difference is the intention of the initiator. Do you post a belief you have because you wish to share it with others and see what other people think about it. Or you post a belief you have to try and conform people to your belief?

A good initiator that respects other peoples opinions will be met with the same respect in almost all cases. A bad initiator that does not regard other peoples opinions will be met with similar disregard.

I read up on the thread because I was curious as I quite like Zara, but he was definately taking it too far. Although it's probably better to ignore it alltogether, I definately understand Jennifer's reaction. It's intention wasn't as much as trying to continue to add to the discussion, but more of a "Pause and look it what you're doing man, you're losing any arguementative substance and are running towards jabs.". A simple counter-jab, which admittedly only works in few cases, but the sentiment behind it is entirely understandable.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf