Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    THIS WHOLE FORUM IS OUT OF ORDER

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    The coincidence just rubs me wrong though. It all just seems so political... or something.

Like I thought it takes two to tango....
    Indeed. I would hardly call that recent interchange a tango, though. The hostility was too one-sided.

This is probably at the heart of why I thought something was unfair. Not sure if I agree with that rule. But it's fine that it's a rule. I get it. I follow it myself.

Sometimes I think conflicts like this could be resolved differently. Especially between two members that have been here for so long. Oh well I guess.
    If you have suggestions on alternative means of conflict resolution, we are all ears (OK - eyes). The threshold for provocation varies significantly from member to member, as should be obvious. The only way to apply rules at all consistently is to focus on the external behavior, not the internal excuse/justification for it. It is impossible to know what everyone else's triggers are, but it is possible to observe some common standard of civility. We have the "report" function precisely so people can call out posts they find offensive, rather than resorting to a reply in-kind. The simple fact is that most members confronted with disagreement, testiness, or even outright hostility do not reply in kind, and do not get infracted. In fact, they are much more likely to stay out of threads of interest, and curtail their own posting to avoid the possibility of a disproportionate response. This is not good for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But... the same people who made her a moderator also banned him! Coincidence?
    Not at all. We do have standards to maintain.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But... the same people who made her a moderator also banned him! Coincidence? Learn more about the secrets of TypoC from Bill O'Reilly:
    Geeez Louise. I think the moderators have been MORE than generous sharing their logic and and reasoning behind their decision.

Give it a rest.

Speaking of which, I'm peacin' out on this one, let sleeping dogs lie.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

This is probably at the heart of why I thought something was unfair. Not sure if I agree with that rule. But it's fine that it's a rule. I get it. I follow it myself.

Sometimes I think conflicts like this could be resolved differently. Especially between two members that have been here for so long. Oh well I guess.

Anyways thanks for your feedback EJ.
    Zara pulled his usual narcissistic rage response. Wait until he floods your reps, PMs and quotes the same posts of yours multiple times when you disagree with him. Then you'll understand.

Congrats @EJCC. Good choice.
    Glad you're back @Jennifer. Blue suits you.
    Sorry to see you go @garbage. Not that I've been around much but from little exposure, you appeared to be a decent mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Interestingly enough, I saw his ban coming a few weeks ago, when he claimed to have NPD.
    Didn't know he admitted to having NPD but it was blatantly obvious to me, without his disclosure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Zarathustra on bans:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Mods have stated as much in this thread, and in other threads, and have even told me specifically that I have been treated "favorably" because of the not-inconsiderate amount of value that I bring/have brought to this forum.
    As I said then: if a member contributes no positive value but plenty of negative value, that person should immediately banned. There's no reason to keep them.

If, however, someone contributes significant positive value, but also creates some negative value, then the mere fact that they create some negative value should not cause us to simply eliminate all the positive value they create by permanently banning them.

My logic then proceeds as to how to handle these situations.
    The point is that this principle should be used along with an increased number of tempbans (as opposed to quick permabans), for significant-value-contributing members, in order to fast-track the process for repeat offenders, thereby both clearing up "time and paperwork" for the mods, as well as making the lighter-handed consequences more quickly, cleanly, and efficiently executed against the offenders.
    Consider the possibility that, in the moment, they might be in an emotional frenzy, and not thinking clearly.

Perhaps, with a 3-month break, they would be able to think better of it.

It's a better option than kicking them out permanently and losing their positive contributions.

And I would bet that the majority of members would agree with that.
    It seems the current modstaff were in agreement.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Geeez Louise. I think the moderators have been MORE than generous sharing their logic and and reasoning behind their decision.

Give it a rest.

Speaking of which, I'm peacin' out on this one, let sleeping dogs lie.
    Sorry, ma'am, but I won't let anyone lie. I want them all tellin' the truth, even sleepin' dogs, even cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    THIS WHOLE FORUM IS OUT OF ORDER
    One of my fav Pacino movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    One of my fav Pacino movies.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

SAY ELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND