User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If people want to discuss the general issue of hostility on the forum, I think that's great.

But can we please stop bringing my name/situation up, over and over? When I posted an EDIT to one of my posts in the UFO thread (since I've enjoyed UFOs and the paranormal since the mid/late 70's), my expectation was that Zara would engage me on the reliability of video footage regarding this type of evidence, which I think provides a sense of false authenticity while being potentially more easily abused... and the Mermaid thing being an extreme example of that. Instead I got a much different response that led to an outcome that I did not expect or want for either of us, and I can't change anything that happened after the fact.

From a personal perspective, I've found the entire experience of the last week (starting with the response but continuing with the persistent public dissection and maligning) to be utterly humiliating and emotionally disturbing to me, especially because I don't want to participate out of deference to Zara's absence + my rejoining staff. (I'd rather take it up with him than with any of you, if I had my choice and if I knew he'd engage.)

I can only ask, but I would really appreciate being left out of this as much as possible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You "learned" that Zarathustra was on ignore by reading my conversation with Jennifer on my message wall.

Your access to my wall ended days ago.

Wow...it's like you're a psychic or something... how did you know that Jag?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think both Fluffy and Ginkgo understood my meaning correctly, and I didn't expect that level of response from Zara.

(I didn't even see his response until later, after I rejoined staff and Tuesday night saw them discussing it in the Box, since I had him Ignored and only read his posts and Quoted posts selectively. I was surprised by the content.)

I have mixed feelings about his departure and feel bad about it, even though Zara wrote the post. I don't think Zara's a "dumbfuck" nor was that ever my point; He's very intelligent, and it's mostly TiNe / NiTe factors that seem to bring us into conflict when it happens. (Note it's JiNe folks who understood me correctly.)

Today I saw the last post he made to me in the thread, and I thought it reasonable. I wish he had responded that way the first time.

That's about all I can say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If people want to discuss the general issue of hostility on the forum, I think that's great.

But can we please stop bringing my name/situation up, over and over? When I posted an EDIT to one of my posts in the UFO thread (since I've enjoyed UFOs and the paranormal since the mid/late 70's), my expectation was that Zara would engage me on the reliability of video footage regarding this type of evidence, which I think provides a sense of false authenticity while being potentially more easily abused... and the Mermaid thing being an extreme example of that. Instead I got a much different response that led to an outcome that I did not expect or want for either of us, and I can't change anything that happened after the fact.

From a personal perspective, I've found the entire experience of the last week (starting with the response but continuing with the persistent public dissection and maligning) to be utterly humiliating and emotionally disturbing to me, especially because I don't want to participate out of deference to Zara's absence + my rejoining staff. (I'd rather take it up with him than with any of you, if I had my choice and if I knew he'd engage.)

I can only ask, but I would really appreciate being left out of this as much as possible.
    It is pretty ridiculous that it has gone on for so long. Zarathustra was clearly out of line, and if he comes back with a cool head, I expect him to admit as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Wow...it's like you're a psychic or something... how did you know that Jag?
    It's behavior like yours that led me to shut down my wall to the general forum, years ago.

WALMART

It's behavior like yours that led me to shut down my wall to the general forum, years ago.
    You have either completely missed the point, or are now subverting the direction of your impropriety into some fresh campaign. Either way it's absurd.

Also, was that a little snark, @Starry?

:P

Accusing me of something I didn't do... I'm absolutely fine with your wall being closed to me and the general forum. People's reputations are safer that way.

Quote Originally Posted by applebite View Post
    You have either completely missed the point, or are now subverting the direction of your impropriety into some fresh campaign. Either way it's absurd.

Also, was that a little snark, @Starry?

:P

probably not vicious enough

Quote Originally Posted by applebite View Post
    You have either completely missed the point
    I think you have. But troll on with your name change, super.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Zara is gonna read this and assume you created a thread just to say it
    Now I finally get this comment. Some idiot removed the original opening post, making it seem as though I created this thread. I, however, would never choose such an ugly title or create a thread about this non-issue to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    People's reputations are safer that way.
    Yes, they will be.