Always good for a chortle.
    "Chortle."

Always good for a chortle.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    BTW the discussion about Zara was already underway when Jennifer was added back into the mix, and she quickly recused herself from that discussion since a post addressing her (that was reported by other posters, not by Jennifer) factored into the ban decision.
    On the one hand there is one group of people passing judgments on the other. And that happens unidirectionally. And in the way it has been going on..in the sort of 'Blanket' way for example with regard to calling another names is out of line if the two are already friends. Because simply, friends sometimes call each other names. Because friends are those people you have who tell you how you're doing when you screw up. Give you a message no one else cares to share when you are off your game. And why the site doesn't parallel that is beyond me.

Seems it takes a position within a friendship. It really has zero place there. It's disrespectful.

If two are friends, let things ride. If someone doesn't want a friendship, then they can de-friend.

Who finds it proper, welcome, acceptable, some third party 'framing' their relationships? What are your feelings on this?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

After carefully reviewing everyone's opinions I think I can say with clarity that

I like Pop Tarts!!!!!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    *release our boy-toy* thread.
    D:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    On the one hand there is one group of people passing judgments on the other. And that happens unidirectionally. And in the way it has been going on..in the sort of 'Blanket' way for example with regard to calling another names is out of line if the two are already friends. Because simply, friends sometimes call each other names. Because friends are those people you have who tell you how you're doing when you screw up. Give you a message no one else cares to share when you are off your game. And why the site doesn't parallel that is beyond me.

Seems it takes a position within a friendship. It really has zero place there. It's disrespectful.

If two are friends, let things ride. If someone doesn't want a friendship, then they can de-friend.

Who finds it proper, welcome, acceptable, some third party 'framing' their relationships? What are your feelings on this?
    I'm not really following this. can you rephrase it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

^^I've actually asked about the "forced mutual ignore agreement" a few times because it had been my understanding that something like this was going to be put into effect...but I guess I was totally wrong on that. I can certainly see the fear of that being...that it would generate too much work for the mods. What is unknown is how a system like that would function to simultaneously decrease work for the mods...perhaps with less outbursts/outbreaks of forum arguments...and subsequently less of an overall feeling of hostility in general.
    it has happened I know of two instances, one was legit the other complete bullshit
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    I'm not really following this. can you rephrase it?
    Yes there could be one rule to fix all questions and concerns with banning due to language.

If two are set to 'friends', there shall be no banning due to language.

Non-friends who use emotive language risk ban.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

figsfiggyfigs

I don't like this. I don't Iike this at all...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Are you suggesting a sentence reduction hearing?
    Yes, actually. One month is enough.

Yeah, Zara is one of the members most upfront with his aggression.

But according to what he confessed here, he has exploited loopholes himself to vent anger without repercussion:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Then there's forum drama, which, frankly, I'd rather not go into, because it would probably then infect this thread.

Let's just say the term "misogyny" started getting thrown around a whole bunch, and many people found it obnoxious.

For not just that reason, but others as well, the level of hostility on the forum seemed to be rising for almost two years.

Various members, myself included, had essentially figured out how to sidestep the FAQ, but still insult one another.

This then led to the rules being revised, such that "hostility", very broadly defined, was now against the rules.
    I like the guy, very much actually. Just saying he isn't above doing what some think Jennifer did. I think he's very much responsible for how he reacted. In fact, since he was also aware that his contributions to the forum made the mods treat him more favorably, combined with his narcissistic leanings, I even suspect he thought he could say almost whatever he pleased and still get away with it.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT