Thread: where the eff

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What? Your April Fool's joke is a bit late.
    For the most part, you have to open the thread in order to delete the offending posts. When you open the thread, it causes the malware code to get executed, which is why it was important to take it down quickly. There are a few places in the VBulletin interface where you can get visibility to posts in a thread without the code being launched, like through the "recent posts" view under a particular user but that assumes you know who posted the offending image or whatever.

If you know a better way, I'm all ears.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    For the most part, you have to open the thread in order to delete the offending posts. When you open the thread, it causes the malware code to get executed, which is why it was important to take it down quickly. There are a few places in the VBulletin interface where you can get visibility to posts in a thread without the code being launched, like through the "recent posts" view under a particular user but that assumes you know who posted the offending image or whatever.

If you know a better way, I'm all ears.
    Move the thread to a hidden subforum, then delete it directly from the database. Or delete it while your browser is set to not show pictures.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Move the thread to a hidden subforum, then delete it directly from the database. Or delete it while your browser is set to not show pictures.
    Thank you.

Thread restored.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

figsfiggyfigs

O who was it :}

Riva

@highlander what if some ahole posts another one of those malware infected pics in another active thread; will the only option be to delete the thread?

That's quite unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    My computer keeps telling me I can't go there because there's malware there.
    Same here.

It happened/started getting the warnings after the poster who posted after YWIR made a post (which was probably her last in that thread).

I can remember Look Alive_Sunshine thanking someone which appeared on iSpy and when I tried to view the thread I got the warning.

I FEEL ALRIGHT

figsfiggyfigs

I'm innocent as I use imgur.com with images I've uploaded. Bro.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Whodunit?

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @highlander what if some ahole posts another one of those malware infected pics in another active thread; will the only option be to delete the thread?

That's quite unfortunate.

Same here.

It happened/started getting the warnings after the poster who posted after YWIR made a post (which was probably her last in that thread).

I can remember Look Alive_Sunshine thanking someone which appeared on iSpy and when I tried to view the thread I got the warning.
    The thread is fully restored now. @Nicodemus was kind enough to suggest a way to remove the malware infected image which allowed me to undelete and restore the entire thread.

As an aside, malware infected images within spoiler tags still gives you the warning. You don't have to click on the spoiler tag. I'm not sure if the code within the image executes even if you don't click on the tag, but generally when you open a thread page that has an infected image, the code executes.

Tri-type 639

Riva

^

Who was it?

you should add a new rule: any idiot who posts a pic/link infected with malware gets banned for a month.

Malware is obviously more of a threat than trolling.