User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Allright, but why did you open a thread that looks personal (I got the link from the "new posts" section and thus replied without knowing exactly where the thread was placed) just to taunt people. I personally am in favor of weapon ownership but you doing this kind of stuff makes me think twice about my stance.
    I'm not anti-gun either, but DiscoBiscuit has a way of turning me against him on issues where we agree. He'd make a great politician. LOL
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    DiscoBiscuit knew how this thread would turn out, that's why he started it. Now he's acting coy as though that's actually fooling anyone. Oh wait, it is fooling someone. You. You haven't been around long enough to see the pattern.
    I wouldn't say coy. To quote myself:

In the interest of candor, the fact that its in this section made it more likely to spark political debate.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

DiscoBiscuit knew how this thread would turn out, that's why he started it. Now he's acting coy as though that's actually fooling anyone. Oh wait, it is fooling someone. You. You haven't been around long enough to see the pattern.
    Ok, he's also right that no matter where this thread was placed, gun control advocates were going to flock to it eventually. You're whining about something so minor as where a thread was placed, when you could be whining about guns.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Ok, he's also right that no matter where this thread was placed, gun control advocates were going to flock to it eventually. You're whining about something so minor as where a thread was placed, when you could be whining about guns.
    I wouldn't worry about it. They're going to play their game, and we'll play ours.

MBTI
    yupp

You have a gun I don't have a gun, the gun is my face doesn't matter what I think about gun laws at this point I'm going to die and you going to jail for even having a gun isn't going to bring me back.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    You're both wrong on that. He deliberately placed in the one area where it would get this sort of reaction.

Why would I "whine" about guns when I'm not anti-gun? My response to pretty much every gun control thread is "end the War on Drugs". That would solve at least half of the gun death problem in the US. But go ahead and continue with your belief that I support gun control regulations.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    The walther seems cool because of the 007 connection, but perhaps not the most practical.
    A law abiding Sanford Florida citizen was forced to use lethal force to defend his life from an attack sometime last year. The attack victim had a CCW permit & was carrying a KelTec PF9 within an inside the waistband holster very similar to one mentioned here earlier.
    Just thinking that the KelTec PF9 size & cost is comparable to the Walther PPK you previously mentioned.
    Gotta figure that if a weapon similar to the Walther had saved the life of a guy getting his skull slammed against a concrete walkway, then the Walther PPK would very likely perform just as well if DiscoBandit's life is ever in jeopardy.
    I don't think I'll be so quick to discount the effectiveness of those short barreled subcompacts so quickly next time.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You're both wrong on that. He deliberately placed in the one area where it would get this sort of reaction.
    Whether or not I deliberately placed the thread here to get a rise out folks, has no bearing on whether those same folks would have found the thread regardless of where I posted it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Whether or not I deliberately placed the thread here to get a rise out folks, has no bearing on whether those same folks would have found the thread regardless of where I posted it.
    Actually, if you placed it in a private or member blog, which is where it belongs, you could have controlled people like Mole.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Actually, if you placed it in a private blog, which is where it belongs, you could have controlled people like Mole.
    I don't want to control him. And more to the point I was talking about people finding the thread, not the merits of controlling the debate once it had been found.