User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You could have discussed the issue any one of the 37 gun-related threads already in existence. You created this thread to start shit.
    The thread provides an interesting look into what gun ownership, and concealed carry, actually looks like in the US.

For that reason, along with the fact that it had clear political reasoning and intent behind it, it seems to be in the right place.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    The walther seems cool because of the 007 connection, but perhaps not the most practical.
    I like it primarily b/c of how small it is, and how comfortable it will be to carry. That is actually one of the bigger considerations for a CCW pistol.

Plenty of people go into it thinking they will be willing to carry a Glock19 or compact 1911 everyday, but after a few months many folks get something smaller so that they can actually sit down without the thing digging into their side or back.

My biggest concern is that it only holds 6 rounds (+1 in the chamber). The thing is though, that the VAST majority of incidents are resolved with 1 or 2 shots, or just by telling them you have a gun or brandishing it.

A tiny number of "shoot outs" occur every year where a CCW holder ends up needing to reload. The risk of getting caught up in that kind of situation is an acceptable one to me because I will probably also have my Glock 23 with 2 13 round mags in my car. At that point my carry gun is just supposed to get me to my car so I can grab something bigger.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You could have discussed the issue any one of the 37 gun-related threads already in existence. You created this thread to start shit.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious. At first, I didn't notice where it was placed.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I like it primarily b/c of how small it is, and how comfortable it will be to carry. That is actually one of the bigger considerations for a CCW pistol.
    That's exactly why I'm thinking about the Walther

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious. At first, I didn't notice where it was placed.
    Well those threads don't deal with carry issues, which if you haven't noticed (you may have not b/c your not from the USA) have been in the news a lot lately.

In fact the Supreme Court may be dealing with cases like Peruta v. San Diego in the next couple of years.

More to the point, gun control has been a big political issue over the last couple of years. To the point that it's kind of hard to disentangle guns from the politics, especially on this site.

So as much as I wish there was a better forum section suited to this discussion, it was always going to turn political because users here would never allowed a concealed carry thread to exist without dissenting opinions.

So I figured I'd just go ahead and put it here so as deal with the eventuality that the discussion would not be limited to strictly the practical considerations that go along with CCW.

To be honest, I'm amazed we made it to 3 pages before someone who wanted to turn the discussion to political issues decided to chime in.

In lieu of the fact that he did chime in, I think it was fairly understandable of me to post this thread here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well those threads don't deal with carry issues, which if you haven't noticed (you may have not b/c your not from the USA) have been in the news a lot lately.
    Allright, but why did you open a thread that looks personal (I got the link from the "new posts" section and thus replied without knowing exactly where the thread was placed) just to taunt people. I personally am in favor of weapon ownership but you doing this kind of stuff makes me think twice about my stance.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Do you have advice to offer regarding an acceptable conceal carry weapon or are you merely here to bitch at individuals with interests which apparently differ from your own?
    I didn't get why it was in this subforum until I read this post ^ fyi, it's not that self explanatory. Not that I thought he was trying to rile anything up anyways.
    @DiscoBiscuit number 4 . If we're still going by your OP pics.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Allright, but why did you open a thread that looks personal (I got the link from the "new posts" section and thus replied without knowing exactly where the thread was placed) just to taunt people. I personally am in favor of weapon ownership but you doing this kind of stuff makes me think twice about my stance.
    I do actually want to discuss CCW as I have been doing throughout the thread. In the interest of candor, the fact that its in this section made it more likely to spark political debate. But, politics was avoided until @Mole brought it up.

I'm not taunting anyone. Just trying to show what life with guns looks like to those who may know nothing about them. As you aren't a voting citizen here, your stance on the issue doesn't really affect me one way or the other.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    I like this thread, it was offering good advice until you & a few others set out to derail it due to your dislike of the topic being discussed.
    DiscoBiscuit knew how this thread would turn out, that's why he started it. Now he's acting coy as though that's actually fooling anyone. Oh wait, it is fooling someone. You. You haven't been around long enough to see the pattern.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I didn't get why it was in this subforum until I read this post ^ fyi, it's not that self explanatory. Not that I thought he was trying to rile anything up anyways.
    @DiscoBiscuit number 4 . If we're still going by your OP pics.
    Lots of Beretta love in the thread. My Dad actually has the compact version of that gun and it shoots quite well (although I'm not a fan of the safety design).