User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    In all 50 states.
    Wow. That seems so crazy to me. I mean, lots of people have hunting rifles where I live, I've never met anyone who carries a weapon for self-defence purposes (no one who admits to carrying one, anyway). I don't think I've ever even seen a pistol IRL, except maybe on a police officer. And I'm pretty sure in Canada that cops have to write a detailed report every time they so much as unholster their weapon.

No offence, but that kind of makes me scared of going to the USA. I guess I'd get used to it, if I lived there. Sorry to derail your thread, I was just taken aback by how casual you were discussing getting a concealed weapon.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Wow. That seems so crazy to me. I mean, lots of people have hunting rifles where I live, I've never met anyone who carries a weapon for self-defence purposes (no one who admits to carrying one, anyway). I don't think I've ever even seen a pistol IRL, except maybe on a police officer. And I'm pretty sure in Canada that cops have to write a detailed report every time they so much as unholster their weapon.

No offence, but that kind of makes me scared of going to the USA. I guess I'd get used to it, if I lived there. Sorry to derail your thread, I was just taken aback by how casual you were discussing getting a concealed weapon.
    Guns don't inspire fear once you are familiar with em.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Also, if, as you say, it has clear political reasoning and intent behind it, it would seem to be in the correct subforum.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post

No reason to be scared.

I've lived here almost my whole life, and have never seen someone pull out a gun in public.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, if, as you say, it has clear political reasoning and intent behind it, it would seem to be in the correct subforum.
    This isn't a political thread. It's a troll thread. Disco Biscuit is deliberately trying to rile people up. Imagine Mitt Romney starting a thread where he asks for advice on his next mansion purchase. The point isn't to have a debate, it's to get under people's skin.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This isn't a political thread. It's a troll thread. Disco Biscuit is deliberately trying to rile people up. Imagine Mitt Romney starting a thread where he talks about what mansion he's going to buy next. The point isn't to have a debate, it's to get under people's skin.
    Well I am actually about to get my CCW and get a new pistol and holster, so I guess there's that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Well I am actually about to get my CCW and get a new pistol and holster, so I guess there's that.
    Right, and you're not looking for a discussion of the issue. You're thumbing your nose at people.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

The walther seems cool because of the 007 connection, but perhaps not the most practical.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Right, and you're not looking for a discussion of the issue. You're thumbing your nose at people.
    I guess if you ignore all my posts discussing the issue.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I guess if you ignore all my posts discussing the issue.
    You could have discussed the issue any one of the 37 gun-related threads already in existence. You created this thread to start shit.