User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 139

  1. #51
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    In all 50 states.
    Wow. That seems so crazy to me. I mean, lots of people have hunting rifles where I live, I've never met anyone who carries a weapon for self-defence purposes (no one who admits to carrying one, anyway). I don't think I've ever even seen a pistol IRL, except maybe on a police officer. And I'm pretty sure in Canada that cops have to write a detailed report every time they so much as unholster their weapon.

    No offence, but that kind of makes me scared of going to the USA. I guess I'd get used to it, if I lived there. Sorry to derail your thread, I was just taken aback by how casual you were discussing getting a concealed weapon.

  2. #52
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Wow. That seems so crazy to me. I mean, lots of people have hunting rifles where I live, I've never met anyone who carries a weapon for self-defence purposes (no one who admits to carrying one, anyway). I don't think I've ever even seen a pistol IRL, except maybe on a police officer. And I'm pretty sure in Canada that cops have to write a detailed report every time they so much as unholster their weapon.

    No offence, but that kind of makes me scared of going to the USA. I guess I'd get used to it, if I lived there. Sorry to derail your thread, I was just taken aback by how casual you were discussing getting a concealed weapon.
    Guns don't inspire fear once you are familiar with em.

  3. #53
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Also, if, as you say, it has clear political reasoning and intent behind it, it would seem to be in the correct subforum.

  4. #54
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Wow. That seems so crazy to me. I mean, lots of people have hunting rifles where I live, I've never met anyone who carries a weapon for self-defence purposes (no one who admits to carrying one, anyway). I don't think I've ever even seen a pistol IRL, except maybe on a police officer. And I'm pretty sure in Canada that cops have to write a detailed report every time they so much as unholster their weapon.

    No offence, but that kind of makes me scared of going to the USA. I guess I'd get used to it, if I lived there. Sorry to derail your thread, I was just taken aback by how casual you were discussing getting a concealed weapon.
    No reason to be scared.

    I've lived here almost my whole life, and have never seen someone pull out a gun in public.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, if, as you say, it has clear political reasoning and intent behind it, it would seem to be in the correct subforum.
    This isn't a political thread. It's a troll thread. Disco Biscuit is deliberately trying to rile people up. Imagine Mitt Romney starting a thread where he asks for advice on his next mansion purchase. The point isn't to have a debate, it's to get under people's skin.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #56
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This isn't a political thread. It's a troll thread. Disco Biscuit is deliberately trying to rile people up. Imagine Mitt Romney starting a thread where he talks about what mansion he's going to buy next. The point isn't to have a debate, it's to get under people's skin.
    Well I am actually about to get my CCW and get a new pistol and holster, so I guess there's that.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well I am actually about to get my CCW and get a new pistol and holster, so I guess there's that.
    Right, and you're not looking for a discussion of the issue. You're thumbing your nose at people.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #58

    Default

    The walther seems cool because of the 007 connection, but perhaps not the most practical.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  9. #59
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Right, and you're not looking for a discussion of the issue. You're thumbing your nose at people.
    I guess if you ignore all my posts discussing the issue.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I guess if you ignore all my posts discussing the issue.
    You could have discussed the issue any one of the 37 gun-related threads already in existence. You created this thread to start shit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Similar Threads

  1. Help me pick my avatar
    By compulsiverambler in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 06:22 AM
  2. Help me pick a career
    By The Third Rider in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. Help me pick a christmas song
    By GZA in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
  4. Help me with picking some songs.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO