I don't know where to begin.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Okay I stand corrected, that's a cute weapon that I could trust my life to. However it's not a duty pistol, nor is it easily concealable & it would be difficult to justify as a daily carry weapon.
    They make pink subcompact glocks.

And I'm pretty sure she wasn't suggesting using an assault rifle as a conceal carry weapon, I could be wrong.

Options, options. I'd say go for whatever has the most capacity, so 9mm. In any number of unpredictable scenarios, I'd rather have more ammo. And whatever you get, make sure it has Hello Kitty. Puts the fear of God into 'em.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Tough to beat the shotgun & compact pistol combination for home defense but due to the likelihood of over-penetration, I'd forego the rifle within the home environment. I feel safer firing 00 buckshot because the 2,600+ lb/ft of force is spread over 9 separate projectiles that dump all that energy into the body rather than wasting energy due to over-penetration.

See: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1369795487001
    Regarding the rifle, .223 is such a fast round that it has a tendency to spall when hitting even light interior walls. Most importantly though is that I feel most comfortable using the rifle (I grew up shooting small bore rifles). I'm not going to miss with the rifle at indoors ranges. It is however, much too long to be the best option indoors. That crown would have to go to something like this:

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    They make pink subcompact glocks.
    !!

And I'm pretty sure she wasn't suggesting using an assault rifle as a conceal carry weapon, I could be wrong.
    Nope you're right, but now that I think about it I want to suggest he try passing it off as being pregnant with twins.

whatever you get, make sure it has Hello Kitty. Puts the fear of God into 'em.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Compact USP, .357
    Hmm.. I do like HK's. Although I'd prob want to go with a cheaper round than .357. Maybe 9 mil?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Hmm.. I do like HK's. Although I'd prob want to go with a cheaper round than .357. Maybe 9 mil?
    You'll regret it after you dump a clip into someone minded like the Aurora shooter and he's still plucking away.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You'll regret it after you dump a clip into someone minded like the Aurora shooter and he's still plucking away.
    As long as you're hitting center mass and they're not wearing body armor, 9 mil will work just fine.

WALMART

As long as you're hitting center mass and they're not wearing body armor, 9 mil will work just fine.
    He was, and they did, and it didn't...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

He was, and they did, and it didn't...
    Vests will usually stop up to .357 mag, unless you have a trauma plate, and then we're talking .308 AP rounds to get through.

Either way, I would start aiming at their hips if the first several rounds weren't working. You can't stand on a shattered pelvis.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Yes, 9mil, more ammo, well aimed shot. Shit, if you had a beretta jetfire .25 cal, well aimed shot do the trick. Though I wouldn't recommend that. And anyone that's shot a pistol knows it ain't easy to be accurate past, what, like 15-20 yards, unless you're a badass marksman.

Several youtube videos of armed robbers pissing their pants, and running for the hills at the mere brandishing of an unexpected firearm making noises. Not saying get a cap gun, but something with capacity.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.