User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Does anyone else on the forum have a CCW, or even just shoot pistols regularly?
    If you must know, I usually conceal my weapon under two layers of clothes. I enjoy shooting it and even more enjoy shooting others'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

If you don't mind me being so bold, what do you carry? How do you carry it? And how often do you carry?
    Like I said, just last week, so not a whole lot to report. I have a similar IWB as you and have definitely experimented with it in the last month or so. Right hip is the most comfortable overall place so far (includes sitting down), but I have to wear a longer shirt, as I'm thinner (185lb 6'0), but with the holster above my front right pocket, Mexican style, or above back right pocket, it's more concealed. But again, a lot of that depends on clothing.

And also the gun. I'm using a glock 19 gen 4, which is considered compact, but it's definitely bigger than a Walther, which would be much more concealable. I just sold my Walther PPK too, really awesome gun though. Kind of regret selling it actually, but got a crazy good bid.

I'm not sure if I'm going to carry it everyday. I doubt it. Maybe someday. A lot of my friends do. I've NEVER been in a position where I felt I've needed a fucking gun to live, nor have I ever been witness to a school shooting, wishing I was packing. EVERYONE on a pistol forum will say "well ya never know." I haven't developed that philosophy yet. "Then why'd you get it?" I dunno, my buddy's friend taught a really cheap class and I went.

I go to the range or my buddy's land quite a bit to shoot. I swear, good 'ol beer cans still the most fun.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Got paid today. Off to the fun store to see whats on offer.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    HOT

I like Smith and Wesson guns though they have a strong kick. I'd go with the Beretta.
    “…why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what’s on the other side?”

I kind of want a Walther P22 myself. I'm not sure it would have much stopping power though. I'm afraid my handgun knowledge is rather limited...
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Got paid today. Off to the fun store to see whats on offer.
    The fun store?

You should get the NI-408 instead.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    The fun store?
    How shooters refer to the gun store.

Default Major Barbara

Major Barbara, a play by George Bernard Shaw, was writtin in 1905, about the same time The Wind in the Willows was written.

We can see how Major Barbara would reply to the indecent question of this thread by clicking on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xha_9SkhtNY

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This thread has been moved to the Bonfire since the OP focuses on personal advice in product selection. Copious posts have been relocated to the graveyard as off-topic sniping. If you want to criticise the premise of the OP - fine, but if you want a hard core political debate about the merits of guns/CCW/etc, find or make one in the appropriate subforum. And do stay on topic.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...