• I am unsure despite not being new to MBTI

3 1.24%
  • I identify as borderline

16 6.61%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    You mentioned my type in post #54 and wrote that I was "doing that thing" (=classic INTJ flaw) just hours later.
    Okay, false conclusion, but I can understand how it was reached now, fair enough.

Focusing on the OTT'ness of the word "harm" when "unseen harm" is clearly a historical term is therefore a strawman, making me out to be all anal when in fact all I have been doing is goodnaturedly arguing an academic point... that you demonstrated not understanding when you wrote "there's nothing stopping you superior folks from having whatever discussion you like"
    Fuck me. I'd say more like 'monolithic misunderstanding', than 'strawman construction'. But hey-ho.

Incidentally, aren't you going to comment on the remarkable similarity between our two posts about S vs. N profiles? I was expecting some form of acknowledgment that great minds think alike.
    Um... okay?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Well, in real life you're going to see somehow who looks very ambivalent in half the situations (with a very very slight leaning towards N) -- and someone whom in the other half of the situations will look VERY S.

So you'll mistake him visually for an S, although technically he's N!

.... i hate these tests... :steam:
    Yes, I know, but it doesn't really bother me. There doesn't seem to be anything that forces people clearly into any of the categories. We seem to have ambiverts, ambipercivers, ambijudgers and ambi-hm.. people with almost equally strong Ji and Je and Pe and Pi. Which means that there really should be at least 3 letters on every axis if it weren't for the fact that that'd give us a total of 81 different types. So I accept that people use X and mentally create an image of how an x in each of the positions would look. Hm... which means I probably do deal with about 81 different types without realizing it... just that I don't remember them as much as figure out what it entails and think less in terms of type than in terms of which functions does this person seem to be using the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    [looks over rest of thread]

...What on earth are you three fighting about...?? <mind-boggle> It seems to be an awful lot of qualification over something that doesn't seem very important for the general use of the thread... but maybe it's just me. Oh well... carry on!
    I just didn't like that someone felt they were entitled to decide that my and other's way of developing a thread was in some way objectively wrong, causing "unseen harm" etc. So I decided to be stubborn.

Because the poll is in this thread.
    True. Still wouldn't make it impossible to make a new thread once you saw that the poll thread became a listing thread. There's no law saying that a discussion about a poll must be in the same thread as the poll.

My reasons for feeling discriminated against by substitute are stated in my previous post (#75). True, a lack of followups is not in itself conclusive, but neither one of you has addressed the issue of repeat posts or demonstrated an understanding of the concept of unseen harm as it applies here.
    Ok, sorry I skipped that part previously.
    What repeat posts are you talking about, and how on earth do you see 'unseen harm' applying here at all? Is it like if I ask "what harm, I can't see any harm?", you answer "aha, that just proves it!"?

True, my original endeavor to stop the strength of preferences posts was futile. I have learned to write more instructive OPs in the future.
    Ok, that was really the only agenda I had; to make you realize this. I have no trouble at all with narrow OPs and insisting on people sticking to the instructions in the OP (although I might decide not to get involved in the thread at all). I only had problems with the rules changing after I was involved.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I just didn't like that someone felt they were entitled to decide that my and other's way of developing a thread was in some way objectively wrong, causing "unseen harm" etc. So I decided to be stubborn.
    I did try to make my point goodnaturedly, but apparently my technique needs more work.

On these grounds I intend to justify using even more smileys in the future.

Ok, sorry I skipped that part previously.
    What repeat posts are you talking about, and how on earth do you see 'unseen harm' applying here at all? Is it like if I ask "what harm, I can't see any harm?", you answer "aha, that just proves it!"?
    See, now you're getting it!

No, seriously:

The repeat posts are #20, #25 and #47. (All of them point out that INTPs dominate the poll due to the influx from INTP Central.)

I argued my point about unseen harm in posts #48, #57, #64 and #75, which it sounds like you haven't read (?) (*cough* further proving my point *cough*).

Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate.

Ok, that was really the only agenda I had; to make you realize this. I have no trouble at all with narrow OPs and insisting on people sticking to the instructions in the OP (although I might decide not to get involved in the thread at all). I only had problems with the rules changing after I was involved.
    You are absolutely right. No hard feelings?

MBTI
    INFP

I did try to make my point goodnaturedly, but apparently my technique needs more work.

On these grounds I intend to justify using even more smileys in the future.
    Yes, I realized the same. I was trying to seem detached and good natured without using emoticons, but it just doesn't work on the interwebz theese dayz. Guess I'll just have to employ more smileys.

The repeat posts are #20, #25 and #47. (All of them point out that INTPs dominate the poll due to the influx from INTP Central.)

I argued my point about unseen harm in posts #48, #57, #64 and #75, which it sounds like you haven't read (?) (*cough* further proving my point *cough*).
    I did read them except the long article about that which is seen and that which isn't (which I only superskimmed). I just didn't see how it applied until I now suddenly realized that you're arguing from a economical efficiency point of view, while I was thinking "interesting or not?". You're right in that this kind of thread could be inefficient in an unseen way. But I found it interesting and don't personally have anything against inefficiency as long as it's interesting in some way.

I see the repeat posts now too (though these repeat "i didn't think/I guessed/I agree with" posts come in any discussion, and again I don't see any harm in them.)

(Forgot the smileys again, but put in some wherever you feel they could be needed. )

Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate.
    Don't bother, unless you think I've misunderstood grossly again, and even then, don't bother unless it's very important to you.

You are absolutely right. No hard feelings?
    Whee! There never were any hard feelings. Just stubborn ones and a lack of emoticons. Now there aren't any stubborn feelings either. I'm good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I did read them except the long article about that which is seen and that which isn't (which I only superskimmed). I just didn't see how it applied until I now suddenly realized that you're arguing from a economical efficiency point of view
    Well, my nick is Economica.

Whee! There never were any hard feelings. Just stubborn ones and a lack of emoticons. Now there aren't any stubborn feelings either. I'm good.
    Me too.

(Okay, I found the alcohol smiley. We'd better stop before this turns into a makeout fest. )

MBTI
    INFP

Well, my nick is Economica.
    I didn't even see that connection.

Me too.

(Okay, I found the alcohol smiley. We'd better stop before this turns into a makeout fest. )
    Hm... makeout fest?

*refills Economica's empty glass*

MBTI
    ISTP

Shit, this place is clearly an INxx place. I will tolerate it for now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Yomama99 View Post
    perhaps if you get a certain few others interested...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

lol... thanks.

? (that's his username) is another ISTP, and PtGatsby allows for the possibility he's somewhere in the middle (IxTP), so you're not alone at least. Feel free to grab some more friends, we'd like to cover as many bases as possible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

And I'll defend you if the Ns start acting up. :SaiyanSmilie_anim:
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3