Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    What type are you?
    I'm a blonde.

MBTI
    INTJ

Okay, it's been four days. Where are the INFPs, and are we really only five INXJs of each?

... If anyone out there is refraining from voting for some reason or another, I'd love to hear why.

(Also, >10% Sensers: )

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post

There's no place for the all-E or the all-I except for the asylum as Jung himslef points out.
    I never said that. I never even implied it, if you read my posts. My point was that there are way more reasons for not making a decision a certain way than can be explained through the vagueness of the degree to which you're inclined to do it.

The MBTI simplifies things for the sake of clarity. Wheater you can life with that simplification is entirely up to you but eigther way you should be aware of it.
    uh, ok?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ERTP

Hey I wasn't even adressing you, only the OP.

MBTI
    INFP

Okay, it's been four days. Where are the INFPs, and are we really only five INXJs of each?

... If anyone out there is refraining from voting for some reason or another, I'd love to hear why.

I refrained for a while because I didn't know this thread existed.

Now I do, so I voted.

Incidentally, does anyone find value in all the posts stating whether people's preferences are moderate or strong, etc.? To me they're just fluff drowning an otherwise [edit: potentially] interesting thread about the type distribution.
    I found value in it. It confirmed a lot of my suspicions.

Slightly I
    Very strong N
    Moderately F
    Strong P

(My Ne beats my Fi, so though I'm definitely INFP, it explains my slight I and strong P I think. Any thoughts on that? Does a strong percieving function make you more P?)

MBTI
    INTJ

Not refraining, Economica, just found it!

Highly I
    Moderately N
    Highly T
    Hihgly J

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTP

In culinary terms:

medium E
    cremated N
    medium-to-well done T
    well done P

Somehow I don't find it surprising that the place is INTP dominated
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Somehow I don't find it surprising that the place is INTP dominated

I'm telling you, most people won't read a thread where a lot of posts just state the strength of the poster's preferences. Even the people who post their own don't do it. It's almost as unread as this type of thread.

It's not that I mind terribly, I just have to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity
    You did ask people to post if they considered themselves borderline.
    Certainly, but that's four people so far (only two of whom have specified their preferences in a post).

I would like to make explicit that I don't mean to criticize for criticism's sake. I am asking if anyone finds value in the strength of preferences posts, because I suspect that they serve only to clutter up the thread (since they don't spark any followups). But if there are people who like to read them, by all means, speak up, and I'll shut up.
    It is somewhat interesting but mostly distracting.

I don't actually remember what my percentages are (those kinds of details don't interest me), but my preferences are slightly different every time I take the test.

What I find interesting is now drastically my I/E preferences changed over the years. And even though my N is moderately preferred, S pops up a lot at work.

Quote Originally Posted by booyala
    If personality is not innate, then people could be any number of personalities throughout their lifetime, and to determine the intensity of a given preference all you can go by is your mood at the time that you're thinking about it.
    This is what I find so fascinating. Every time I test myself I come up INTJ, but I am certain I was not always this way. In fact, there is no way I was INTJ in high school. I suspect I may been been ESFP for a while, especially when I had an extremely stressful lifestyle.

Can turning into opposites really be possible?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    This is what I find so fascinating. Every time I test myself I come up INTJ, but I am certain I was not always this way. In fact, there is no way I was INTJ in high school. I suspect I may been been ESFP for a while, especially when I had an extremely stressful lifestyle. Can turning into opposites really be possible?
    IMO, if someone does almost a complete 180, that is based more on suppression in the past or suppression in the current moment rather than an actual "change."

IOW, there has been a radical shift in outer behavior, but that is because the internal inclinations had been suppressed for some reason or are currently being squelshed.

For me, usually, the "shift" in personalities over years is more a matter of self-discovery than actual change. I use certain functions in my life because I have opportunity to or think it is the way to survive, then later realize I didn't really enjoy it or something else feels even better to me... so I am slowly "excavating" myself over the years and finding the true fossil inside.

When I make these sort of evaluations, I look at the actual shifts themselves ... + I look at my situation/context for each exhibited personality, to see what pressures might have been at work to make me behave a certain way. (In fact, another interesting clue to type is to see what inherent suppositions I was making that led me to BELIEVE I had to act a certain way in the first place. What goals were I serving for myself? What anxiety was I trying to relieve?)

I do not know any details of your past or current self, so I couldn't tell you... but these are some typical questions to ask.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft