First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    But that once again begs the question: Why would INTP's want to interact with people on a regular basis, even if it were on the computer? Why did much of the interaction seem more social, occasionally sympathetic, and amusing rather than focused on systems and theories?
    You apparently have not socialized much with INTPs, have you?

The question (and I don't mean this in a mean way) seems ignorant. The behavior you're confused about seems typical for INTPs -- they love to get together to socialize especially in the area of amusement... bounding off each other with Ne and talking to "sensible" people who follow their thought processes for once.

So, in a sense, even when the dialog includes personal conversation, it's still approached somewhat impersonally/whimsically.

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    Every forum in which I've searched for MBTI polls has had a massive IN majority. Probably varies somewhat with different kinds of boards, but I have the impression that it's just this form of communication that attracts a disproportionate number of INs.
    That's my impression as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You apparently have not socialized much with INTPs, have you?
    I haven't socialized much with any type, honestly, or at least I didn't get to know any of them well enough to guess their types. I've talked to several people, but I didn't get to know most of them well enough to tell you their last name, or really meet most of them again. I think most of the people I know in real life are S's, and I don't think I've met any INxx's... not more than three throughout my entire life.

The question (and I don't mean this in a mean way) seems ignorant. The behavior you're confused about seems typical for INTPs -- they love to get together to socialize especially in the area of amusement... bounding off each other with Ne and talking to "sensible" people who follow their thought processes for once.
    I'm basing these questions off of MBTI theory, not experience. I kind of expected it was something like that... an interest in external ideas (Ne) somehow overshadowing the undercurrent of Fe existing in the situation. I just wanted to see how someone responded. So that's why the problems and stress for them only arise in more pointedly emotional circumstances. As long as the Fe can work mostly unconsciously, they're fine.
    So, in a sense, even when the dialog includes personal conversation, it's still approached somewhat impersonally/whimsically.
    So... INTP's have ENTP qualities as well, then? That would explain a lot. Of course, I already know that INTP's feel/express emotions under stress... so that's just about everything, I guess.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I could have messed something up, but so far it seems to have broken down as such:

P 52.19%
    J 40.26%

T 58.49
    F 33.96

N 83.64
    S 8.81

I 77.36
    E 15.09

With the remainder going to the borderlines and undecideds.

I have never seen the trend work any differently on the internet.
    We all know that INs rule the internet, and INTPs are always the most common of all.
    I just don't think ES people are in the right mindset for internet socialization.
    As for why T always seems to moderately lead F, I figure it might just be because the internet is kind of a sterile and unemotional environment?
    I have no idea about the J/P dichotomy, but it's always the smallest one.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 11-05-2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Cleared up some things

MBTI
    INFJ

I, highly expressed
    N, highly expressed (something ridiculous like 90/10)
    F, slightly expressed (I'm 45/55)
    J, moderately expressed

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

I have never seen the trend work any differently on the internet.
    We all know that INs rule the internet, and INTPs are always the most common of all.
    I just don't think ES people are in the right mindset for internet socialization.
    I think it has to do with MBTI being a theory and thus attracting more intuitives who, for the most part, enjoy theoretical conversation. I also post at a travel forum and I find quite a few S types there. Also, social networking sites, such as Myspace, have plenty of ES types. It's just a matter of interests, I think. IN's happen to enjoy analyzing the crap out of themselves.

MBTI
    xNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As for why T always seems to moderately lead F, I figure it might just be because the internet is kind of a sterile and unemotional environment?
    Gosh, that took me by surprise. I've never seen the Internet that way. Apart from mental stimulation and practical purposes, I use it for music, stories, self-expression, keeping in touch with people... 'feely' things. It could never be sterile to me. Haha. Funny how we have such different perspectives.

MBTI
    INTJ

I moderate
    N very high
    T very high
    J very high

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I can't believe there's only one ISFP on this site, and they're bearly even active.

MBTI
    INTJ

Of all the ISFP:s I've known, I've hated everyone. Maybe they've all been scared off by the INTJ:s.

Enneagram
    1w2

This thread has more accurate numbers.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3