Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Sex is one of the greatest things I know. Is it therefore okay for me to rape someone?
    EDIT: I realized that's not how you justified eating meat, but simply giving a reason why. Anyway, I think it's an interesting question, and if you think it's justified to eat meat because it tastes good, feel free to answer.
    bingo

however, I will answer anyway :P

basically,
    1) I don't think animals have rights.
    2) humans are predators; predators eat meat. this is evidenced in the fact that
    • we crave meat (animals crave their natural diet)
    • we have lean stomachs (unlike the larger stomachs of herbavores, such as gorillas)

basically, it's nature.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    yupp

I'll eat meat til I'm dead
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I'm glad that human nature is not set in stone, and many things that were once considered natural are no longer acceptable.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    There is a sense of .. snooty-ness I've gotten from many vegans.. vegetarians seem more laid back. Like, "Yeah, meat just hurts my stomach.. or I stopped x because of y reasons. Or my budget for food is just easier with vegetarian foods. I just dislike meat a lot." Something like that is usually what I get from vegetarians.
    How can you tell if someone's a vegan?
    Don't worry they'll let you know. hahahaha, omg, I"m so funny.

Anyway. How many active american football players are vegetarian/vegan? 2. (Ricky Williams, Tony Gonzalez).

Can you play football, a contact sport where pads and MUSCLE are your armour, and perform at peak athletic levels? Yes, 2 people are doing it (even though they became vegetarians AFTER being drafted).

Are we all professional football football players? Yes, I mean no.

Point is, it depends on your goals, ethical beliefs, etc.

I tried raw vegan for 2 months and went from 185lbs to 145lbs so for me and my body type, fuk dat.

Clint Eastwood is a vegan, 83, and still cranking out award winning, amazing movies, so maybe there's something to it.

I think when I get much older, I'd consider switching to vegan or vegetarianism as it seems (really IS) much easier to digest.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Way too picky with the vegatabols. I could survive on those kinds but I don't see me doing it any time soon.

I've known a few vegetarians. One I had in a cooking class and he tried to make both burgers we were making full of veges.NOPE.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

A couple of my kids' friends are vegetarians. I always try to accommodate them when they visit because they are sweet kids and I generally try to honor things people do for conscience or health because it'd be dickish not to.

I have cut back on meat consumption recently. Stomach has gotten somewhat intolerant of fats in middle age and I prefer fattier meats. I've noticed since I've mostly stopped drinking soda and cut back on the grease and meat, I can digest raw veggies again, which is great. Picked up a veggie platter at the grocery store and that with some hummus will be one meal a day for me for the week. Very tasty and super easy.

I would like to eat ethical animal products but I'm not willing to invest the time/money to that degree right now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    bingo

however, I will answer anyway :P

basically,
    1) I don't think animals have rights.
    2) humans are predators; predators eat meat. this is evidenced in the fact that
    • we crave meat (animals crave their natural diet)
    • we have lean stomachs (unlike the larger stomachs of herbavores, such as gorillas)

basically, it's nature.
    Whatever is natural matters no more, meat is not sustainable out of an environmental perspective considering overpopulation. There is NOTHING natural with the meat industry, and you are NOT a hunter. Truly, if you cared about what's natural, you would not be on this forum. Besides, humans are omnivores. Therefore a vegan diet is completely natural. Nothing justifies meat consumption in modern society, the only real reasons people still eat meat is because of either selfishness, laziness or ignorance.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Whatever is natural matters no more, meat is not sustainable out of an environmental perspective considering overpopulation.
    Actual evidence/proof/facts?

There is NOTHING natural with the meat industry
    Yes, because computers are natural, straight from mother nature, and the manufacturing of computers is also so natural. Internet forums too, come from Mother Nature's bosom.

Technically, everything is "natural."

and you are NOT a hunter.
    Wrong, @Elfboy hunts elk with a bowie knife.

Besides we all have the evolved digestive tracts of hunter/gatherers, MEAT eaters.

Truly, if you cared about what's natural, you would not be on this forum.
    This makes no sense.

Besides, humans are omnivores. Therefore a vegan diet is completely natural. Nothing justifies meat consumption in modern society, the only real reasons people still eat meat is because of either selfishness, laziness or ignorance.
    Basically your argument is "Humans are omnivores and can eat meat, therefore they should be vegans."

Bears are omnivores too, so I tend to agree, they should switch from eating salmon to just berries.

Speaking of ignorance, I can't believe I'm responding to yours, I must be EXTREMELY bored.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Whatever is natural matters no more, meat is not sustainable out of an environmental perspective considering overpopulation.There is NOTHING natural with the meat industry
    as you said, this is irrelevant

and you are NOT a hunter.
    also irrelevant, but how do you know that? there are many kinds of prey to hunt

Truly, if you cared about what's natural, you would not be on this forum.
    this is off topic, but I'll respond anyway. I'm actually on this forum because what is natural is important to me. namely (and this applies both to the current topic and typology in general) I care about "what is human nature?" and "what are the differences therein?". I believe human nature is something to be embraced, and eating meat is part of that nature.

Besides, humans are omnivores. Therefore a vegan diet is completely natural. Nothing justifies meat consumption in modern society, the only real reasons people still eat meat is because of either selfishness, laziness or ignorance.
    that right there is all the justification I need.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

This "human nature" issue comes rife with paradoxes. On one hand, our biology governs our impulses, but on the other, it is also in our nature to be judicious about what we eat. Discipline itself acts as a facet of our makeup, so how can you tell someone that they're repressing their humanity when they simply are?

It's a red herring.

"Meat is appetizing" does not provide justification for eating meat. It only provides an explanation of an incentive.

@Elfboy @Noll