First 15232425262735 Last

Thread: Vegetarianism

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    so eating only veggies means one will devolve....hmmm....i guess we'l be seeing many homo erectus or homo habilis vegertarians then...
    This comment is so daft that it's hardly worth replying to:

1. Evolution tends to happen over long periods of time; i.e. hundreds if not thousands of years.
    2. Technology has largely sheltered people from the negative effects of a vegetarian diet.

Think before you post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Vegetables are the only nutritive source I can kind of trust now. The world has no longer got healthy food of any sort anymore. Everything we eat is poison, we just have to find the right combination that keeps us alive longer...
    I feel like everything is unhealthy, I dream of unhealthy food. This is depressing. Help.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

no, your comment was silly.....there is no medical evidence that vegetarianism is unhealthy....so massage proven science to meet your own subjective beliefs...i don't care...
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    there is no medical evidence that vegetarianism is unhealthy
    Then why do dieticians recommend consuming some animal protein every day?

FYI: Vegetarian and Vegan Diet: Health and Disease Prevention - What are the potential dangers from consuming the various kinds of vegetarian and vegan diets? - MedicineNet

My point was not that vegetarian diets were unhealthy per se, but that they don't provide an adequate nutrient profile without supplementation and/or lots and lots of meals.
    Likes countrygirl liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    No, the poor treatment isn't stopped by lack of consumption but it does bring attention to it and some people aren't comfortable knowing that the animal they ate was tortured to death.

Also, don't forget, Islam cares for the treatment of animals, too, it has its own rituals to ensure animals are treated as humanely as possible prior to death. Think about what Halal meat means.

Dude, I never said we shouldn’t care, WE MUST.
    But not eating a certain type of food is not and never will be the solution of this problem!!
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

But not eating a certain type of food is not and never will be the solution of this problem!!
    As I said before, it's not a solution although it does bring attention to it. Personally, with all my knowledge of the meat industry, I want nothing to do with it so I've opted out of consuming their products. I'm uncomfortable knowing what I eat has been tortured to death, why support it? I'll eat wholesome food that doesn't contribute to the meat industry finances.

Furthermore, I don't understand why you're judging people for a choice they make that does not impact you. It's hypocritical to judge vegetarians/vegans but not religious groups, there's not much difference behind the motivations not to consume meat.
    Likes senza tema, Thalassa, Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I’m not judging vegetarians.
    I judged vegetarianism, and it’s checkmate.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

FYI: Vegetarian and Vegan Diet: Health and Disease Prevention - What are the potential dangers from consuming the various kinds of vegetarian and vegan diets? - MedicineNet

My point was not that vegetarian diets were unhealthy per se, but that they don't provide an adequate nutrient profile without supplementation and/or lots and lots of meals.
    This is selective reasoning, and ignores the vast number of people who live a lifetime or longer than expected on a vegetarian or vegan diet. We have manipulated the world in order to destroy it, and we can, by all intents and purposes, lice heathily on vegetarian diets or vegan diets, because we have the science for it. Eating meat was an act of desperation when things were rough, and of course during starvation, I wouldn't deny anyone the consumption of another mammal. But as a whole, eating animal products now is pretty much comically out of control, so inflated compared to a hundred years ago, giving us lots of heart disease, cancer, air and water pollution, animal cruelty, obesity and "autoimmune disorders" leading to unexplained pain, intensified PMS symptoms, increased pain in diseases like diabetes and arthritis, and a plethora of unexpected consequences.

Meat and dairy products were status of the aristocratic sort who died of intestinal blockage, not the hardy peasants doing farm work. During Nazi invasion pre and during WWII, one population of European people decreased significantly in heart disease because of lack of access to animal protein.

People have twisted things into a bizarre starvation mentality that we are far from, but we are inflicting horrific damage on the earth and to other human beings due to over consumption of animal products. It's not just processed food, factory farming is destroying people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

This is selective reasoning, and ignores the vast number of people who live a lifetime or longer than expected on a vegetarian or vegan diet. We have manipulated the world in order to destroy it, and we can, by all intents and purposes, lice heathily on vegetarian diets or vegan diets, because we have the science for it. Eating meat was an act of desperation when things were rough, and of course during starvation, I wouldn't deny anyone the consumption of another mammal. But as a whole, eating animal products now is pretty much comically out of control, so inflated compared to a hundred years ago, giving us lots of heart disease, cancer, air and water pollution, animal cruelty, obesity and "autoimmune disorders" leading to unexplained pain, intensified PMS symptoms, increased pain in diseases like diabetes and arthritis, and a plethora of unexpected consequences.

Meat and dairy products were status of the aristocratic sort who died of intestinal blockage, not the hardy peasants doing farm work. During Nazi invasion pre and during WWII, one population of European people decreased significantly in heart disease because of lack of access to animal protein.

People have twisted things into a bizarre starvation mentality that we are far from, but we are inflicting horrific damage on the earth and to other human beings due to over consumption of animal products. It's not just processed food, factory farming is destroying people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

You are incorrect. Everyone becoming vegan today would stop deforestation, decrease air and water pollution, increase the supply of food so that the entire seven billion of the world could eat adequately, as well as decreasing obesity, heart disease and cancer.