User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Thread: Vegetarianism

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    As I said, I feel vastly better making the majority of my food intake vegetables instead of meat. You're making several judgements about a dietary choice you clearly know nothing about (if you did you wouldn't use words like unrealistic and unnecessary). As far as medical advice, unless a vegetarian is deficient in nutrients, I've never heard of a doctor saying you must eat meat.

I can reply this forever.
    I know about it enough to make judgements beside, stop getting your emotions involved.
    correction for you: Mademoiselle why did you judge it that way?
    My answer:
    Unnecessary, humans are still alive without that diet.
    Humans are also still very healthy without this diet.
    So whatever the point of the diet is, it’s unnecessary.
    I don’t know exactly that’s why I asked you.
    Also, I bet you know about medicine as much as I know about vegetarianism and it’s OK for you to make judgments.
    lack of logic, anyway, I said unrealistic to start a healthy green diet without getting psychologically stressed or health problems.
    Why?
    Because it’s hard to afford, all that unnecessary stress won’t show in the beginning..
    Unless you have nothing else to do in life, unless you’r passion never dies and you’re a hippie.
    And these are not realistic, at least not common.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

So why then?
    I should mention as well that diet can be medical we cannot argue against doctors of course.
    People make the switch for different reasons but the most common is the belief that eating animals is inhumane and the choice to stand against the meat industry for the poor treatment of livestock.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    People make the switch for different reasons but the most common is the belief that eating animals is inhumane and the choice to stand against the meat industry for the poor treatment of livestock.

With my respect to religious beliefs.
    Aside form that, there’s no better or more effective way to help humanity and earth than being a healthy positive human.

I can reply this forever.
    I know about it enough to make judgements beside, stop getting your emotions involved.
    correction for you: Mademoiselle why did you judge it that way?
    My answer:
    Unnecessary, humans are still alive without that diet.
    Humans are also still very healthy without this diet.
    So whatever the point of the diet is, it’s unnecessary.
    I don’t know exactly that’s why I asked you.
    Also, I bet you know about medicine as much as I know about vegetarianism and it’s OK for you to make judgments.
    lack of logic, anyway, I said unrealistic to start a healthy green diet without getting psychologically stressed or health problems.
    Why?
    Because it’s hard to afford, all that unnecessary stress won’t show in the beginning..
    Unless you have nothing else to do in life, unless you’r passion never dies and you’re a hippie.
    And these are not realistic, at least not common.
    Humans are still alive without nonvegetarian diets. Humans are also very healthy without nonvegetarian diets. And I'm not talking about rich people in the west who can afford to buy fancy schmancy food supplements either. There are vegetarian populations in the non-Western, non-developed world who do just fine.

So by your logic, nonvegetarian diets are unnecessary.

It might be difficult for you to adopt a vegetarian diet without feeling stressed and thinking about nothing else. But you don't speak for all humanity and your personal inclinations aren't universal facts.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The vast majority of people who become vegetarians, in my experience, are not doing it for weight loss at all. I'm not a vegetarian and never want to give up meat but I can tell you that I feel vastly better when I treat meat as a side dish and make vegetables the focus.
    I think the issue here is that people are not getting the proper advice on nutrition, it's all muddled again. If we take one dish, the recommended guideline is 1/2 fresh vegetables, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein so it doesn't surprise me when people say they feel better on a vegetarian diet.

Actually, if prediabetes patients switch to a vegan diet they can reverse the progression and not even develop diabetes. I know a few diabetics who find a vegetarian diet easier in helping them maintain their BGL.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

So why then?
    I should mention as well that diet can be medical we cannot argue against doctors of course.
    So why then? Well, I'm sure it depends on the individual's body, but lots of vegetarians report having a lot more energy after making the switch. I had less, but I think it had more to do with running 120 kilometers/week and biking 3 hours/day than my diet.

Personally, the biggest thing that draws me toward vegetarianism is concern for the environment. There's this narrow wood trail by my house where I like to run. I've seen opossum, squirrels, deer, and all kinds of birds there; it's beautiful and invigorating, way better than running the streets. But on both sides of it are endless corn fields. Corn fields are everywhere really. Obviously, people eat some corn but it's only the tiniest fraction of what's being produced. Most of it goes to feed the animals we eat. It's a lot more efficient just to eat the corn itself (apparently there is more than enough to end world hunger, but I find that irrelevant because of course we have the resources to end world hunger, most people just don't think about it or don't care) rather than feed it to the cows and eat the cows.

Of course, there are other reasons. Animal rights people will tell you that a chicken is equally intelligent as a cat or dog and just as capable of suffering. Yet people would be outraged if cats or dogs were ever treated the way chickens are treated in factory farms.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Humans are still alive without nonvegetarian diets. Humans are also very healthy without nonvegetarian diets. And I'm not talking about rich people in the west who can afford to buy fancy schmancy food supplements either. There are vegetarian populations in the non-Western, non-developed world who do just fine.

So by your logic, nonvegetarian diets are unnecessary.

It might be difficult for you to adopt a vegetarian diet without feeling stressed and thinking about nothing else. But you don't speak for all humanity and your personal inclinations aren't universal facts.

No, by my logic there’s no reason to stop eating meat, what our grandfather’s explored so we could eat.
    Also,
    I’m not speaking for all humanity, I’m speaking to to all humanity, it’s just that, not all of them hears me, and wore, only few understands, I’m simple.

With my respect to religious beliefs.
    Aside form that, there’s no better or more effective way to help humanity and earth than being a healthy positive human.
    I'm not sure I understand you. A lot of religions worry about the treatment of animals so vegetarianism/veganism is nothing different.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    So why then? Well, I'm sure it depends on the individual's body, but lots of vegetarians report having a lot more energy after making the switch. I had less, but I think it had more to do with running 120 kilometers/week and biking 3 hours/day than my diet.

Personally, the biggest thing that draws me toward vegetarianism is concern for the environment. There's this narrow wood trail by my house where I like to run. I've seen opossum, squirrels, deer, and all kinds of birds there; it's beautiful and invigorating, way better than running the streets. But on both sides of it are endless corn fields. Corn fields are everywhere really. Obviously, people eat some corn but it's only the tiniest fraction of what's being produced. Most of it goes to feed the animals we eat. It's a lot more efficient just to eat the corn itself (apparently there is more than enough to end world hunger, but I find that irrelevant because of course we have the resources to end world hunger, most people just don't think about it or don't care) rather than feed it to the cows and eat the cows.

Of course, there are other reasons. Animal rights people will tell you that a chicken is equally intelligent as a cat or dog and just as capable of suffering. Yet people would be outraged if cats or dogs were ever treated the way chickens are treated in factory farms.

Why do you think e.g. eating meat could hurt the environment?
    I say go focus on how to eat the healthy food that could be eaten in a better way, than deciding not to eat certain foods because of OCD reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I mean grocery food. If there is a vegetarian shop with good food in your city, it is expensive. If there is not, good food that can constitute more than a salad is both rare and expensive. I am an extremely lazy cook, so I want a variety of foods that are easy to make, easy to find, and cheap.
    Oh I just go to regular grocery stores, buy stuff like eggs/beans/cheese/peanut butter/nuts. Cheese and nuts can get pricey but the others are so affordable. The imitation meat products are pretty expensive though. And also so processed. So I don't get those a lot.

It's not a ton of work to scramble an egg. Or put PB on a slice of toast.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes senza tema, Bog liked this post