User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: Vegetarianism

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm thinking about going vegetarian again for health reasons. I did it a while back for about 6 months, I'm sure I ate healthier except for the fact that I was iron deficient. I'm thinking of giving it another go with vitamin supplements or more careful meal planning.
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yeah. Super weird things... like beans and eggs and vegetables... where do those even come from? Not around here, that's for sure.

And those beans are so damn expensive compared to more affordable foods, like steak.

Hard to afford.
    Waist of time.
    Unrealistic.
    And finally unnecessary.

>healthiest way to lose weight is to exercise and start eating real food.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.
    Likes countrygirl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

Hard to afford.
    Waist of time.
    Unrealistic.
    And finally unnecessary.

Plenty of people eat vegetarian and vegan diets in the long term and do just fine. If a lifestyle choice doesn't suit you, that's fine, but it's completely unnecessary to be so patronizing about other people's dietary choices and priorities.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hard to afford.
    Waist of time.
    Unrealistic.
    And finally unnecessary.

The vast majority of people who become vegetarians, in my experience, are not doing it for weight loss at all. I'm not a vegetarian and never want to give up meat but I can tell you that I feel vastly better when I treat meat as a side dish and make vegetables the focus.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The vast majority of people who become vegetarians, in my experience, are not doing it for weight loss at all. I'm not a vegetarian and never want to give up meat but I can tell you that I feel vastly better when I treat meat as a side dish and make vegetables the focus.

So why then?
    I should mention as well that diet can be medical we cannot argue against doctors of course.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Plenty of people eat vegetarian and vegan diets in the long term and do just fine. If a lifestyle choice doesn't suit you, that's fine, but it's completely unnecessary to be so patronizing about other people's dietary choices and priorities.
    I don't judge your diet, please don't judge mine
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

So why then?
    I should mention as well that diet can be medical we cannot argue against doctors of course.
    As I said, I feel vastly better making the majority of my food intake vegetables instead of meat. You're making several judgements about a dietary choice you clearly know nothing about (if you did you wouldn't use words like unrealistic and unnecessary). As far as medical advice, unless a vegetarian is deficient in nutrients, I've never heard of a doctor saying you must eat meat.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I'm guessing you mean prepared foods?

That is definitely a pain. I don't just want a buttload of pasta plus a couple veggies. Or to eat a salad for dinner. I want a balanced and filling meal if I'm paying to eat out. I can do it cheaply and deliciously on my own, but eating out is a totally different story.
    I mean grocery food. If there is a vegetarian shop with good food in your city, it is expensive. If there is not, good food that can constitute more than a salad is both rare and expensive. I am an extremely lazy cook, so I want a variety of foods that are easy to make, easy to find, and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't judge your diet, please don't judge mine
    I agree though I do think there are limits to this kind of thinking. Like, if it's actually a health risk to an individual. My dad has insanely high cholesterol/blood pressure so if he decided to eat nothing but chicken nuggets and cheese fries everyday, I would probably say something. But generalizing what's right for everyone when there are actually several decent choices is a pretty bad idea.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I agree though I do think there are limits to this kind of thinking. Like, if it's actually a health risk to an individual. My dad has insanely high cholesterol/blood pressure so if he decided to eat nothing but chicken nuggets and cheese fries everyday, I would probably say something. But generalizing what's right for everyone when there are actually several decent choices is a pretty bad idea.
    I'm talking vegetarian vs meat eating. I eat meat but if you're vegetarian i don't give a shit. which is what this thread is about, not healthy vs unhealthy eating
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so