Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well, (assumed) moral superiority can be a tough thing to keep to oneself I hear.
    Like the apparent moral superiority you felt a need to express in a thread clearly marked vegetarianism?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    For every sanctimonious vegetarian/vegan out there, there's an equally sanctimonious meat eater out there. I know several vegans/vegetarians who were minding their own business, when someone commented on their choices of food during a social event - or who heard through others that that person was vegan/vegetarian and decided to take issue with it and force them to discuss it right then and there - even people who deliberately will make those people eat meat products without their knowledge by mixing things into their food or drink and saying it's vegan/vegetarian, just coz they don't really like the fact that this person is doing something different from them.

People don't like change, they don't like their way of life challenged - on both sides. They need to believe they are right in what they're doing.

So much of it is psychological. My roommate ate tofurkey and thought it was turkey, and thought it was yum.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Being a vegetarian is wrong.
    Whatever my friends are is not my business.
    I choose the friends I think we can go together with least unrequited discomfort.
    And anyone I’m not responsible of is free to make choices.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Chances are, you have a vegetarian friend or once had one. You've probably entertained the thought of becoming one as well.

What are your experiences with vegetarianism? Do you think it's good, bad, viable or impractical?
    I don't care who is or who isn't.....it's a free world.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INFJ

I want to become (somewhat) vegetarian. I think it is wrong to raise an animal in suffering and out of nature just so we can eat it.

MBTI
    yupp

Turns Out, Your Vegetarianism Probably Is Just A Phase

Just in time for holiday mealtime struggles, the animal advocacy group Humane Research Council and Harris International teamed up to release new data, finding that 84 percent of vegetarians and vegans eventually go back to eating meat -- 53 percent of them within a year's time and more than 30 percent of them within three months.
    They found that a majority of them lacked social support, vegetarian-themed group activities and didn't like sticking out from their friends. (This corroborates a pretty sizable body of research that suggests you eat what your friends eat.) Other reasons for giving up: having trouble with animal-based cravings and the difficulty of doing anything cold turkey, so to speak.
    which brings me to:
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I was a vegetarian for 6 months, and I really believed in it. I still do, but I like meat, and as a marathon-running vegetarian I felt like I was constantly eating and never full. I eventually caved to the fact that my individual lifestyle doesn't actually make a noticeable difference on the environment, and went back to my old ways.

Still, if there was ever an opportunity to vote to outlaw factory farming, or even meat consumption, I would vote for it in a heartbeat. I just didn't like suffering alone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am no vegetarian, and can't imagine being one...I like eating meat too much

While it is possible to live in a vegetarian diet, meats are very energy-dense and have a nutrient profile that you'll struggle to get near without eating copious nuts, seeds and dairy (and vegans won't even touch that). Small wonder most end up having to take supplements. Also if you are wanting to build muscle, meat and fish are essential to boost your protein intake.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    While it is possible to live in a vegetarian diet, meats are very energy-dense and have a nutrient profile that you'll struggle to get near without eating copious nuts, seeds and dairy (and vegans won't even touch that). Small wonder most end up having to take supplements. Also if you are wanting to build muscle, meat and fish are essential to boost your protein intake.
    That is extremely incorrect.
    In fact, many people have poor diets because they believe meats to be a "power food" in the sense that you mean, and they use meat excessively in instances where it is not beneficial.
    It is an outdated idea that is detrimental to good nutrition.

P.S. I eat a substantial amount of meat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Since when is it not viable? There's records of vegetarianism in the Old Testament, and probably in that Hindu thing too (the fuck if I can pronounce it). It's not like it's some crazy diet like extreme veganism.

The hardest thing about vegetearianism these days is that they use oils and fat from various animals or whatever in so many foods. Fries, etc. Or they cook the vegetarian options in the same pans as meat dishes. You never know what food companies are pulling these days.

I was a vegetarian for a while, mostly junk food. Fries, cheese pizza, etc. I was very bad at it and got anemic, but it's not hard to avoid being anemic if you actually eat tofu and beans. I hated both, so...

That said, I tease vegetarians a lot. Since I started eating meat again I've gotten an appreciation for lots of finer dishes and medium rare meats instead of medium well like our family has always gotten. So I think being a vegetarian you miss more than half of what's amazing about food. But I miss more than half of what's amazing about TV because I only watch sitcom reruns like Matlock, I Love Lucy, and Frasier, so who am I to talk?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist