User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Haha true but on the other hand, it'd be a shame not to witness the great inventions or discoveries of the future. But the point is, creativity is partly due to the prospect of certain death (imo). So with immortality, no deadlines, perhaps there will be no more desire to achieve something significant for humanity...
    Yeah I agree with both statements. Especially the latter. We wouldn't be human if we live forever. Our focus would change.
    I don't really know how that would affect me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp

I don't know if I want to be immortal or not as well. It's the odd existence toward the meaning of life.
    I probably am fine if I may be immortal. Acting like have no relative, living as a wanderer travel around the world, observing the mankind history until the end of the universe.

And then, everything disappear, gone into the darkness.
    But yet, the immortal-being stand in nowhere. Still have consciousness but see nothing even yourself in the black space.
    Waiting for the new world begin and then, the road to nowhere will begin one more time...
    ...People who intend to be immortal isn't that weird in my mind but imagining how this future is waiting for is unbearable.
    If it'd be anyone's fate or my fate to be immortal. Then it can't be help, I guess...
    ~A cat walk through the way~

I don't think there's anything wrong with immortality so long as the privelage of immortality isn't abused. I know that life haven't been easy for me and I've had my desire for non-existance at times due to the aknowledgement of the nastier sides of life and to some people immortality may seem selfish and the abdication of the mortality may mean some removance of responsibility...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nothing wrong with it. It'll come for you whether you ever come to terms with it or not.. so, I figure eventually, you'll accept the fact that it could happen. It doesn't need to be today.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Immortality would bore me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Immortality would bore me to death.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Well, with immortality we would definitely pass our carrying capacity and shit would hit the fan pretty quick. I don't want to die either, but it is inevitable.

Make the most of it by living a full life, no regrets, pass on something sustainable for future generations. Better yet, pass on something that will never die.

I don't know your beliefs, but perhaps there is something to look forward to on the other end. Personally, I believe in the idea of recycling souls. I think this is merely a coping mechanism I have for death.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

^ I wouldn't want to live forever as myself, but I also find the idea of reincarnation extremely appealing (though I don't find it convincing enough to believe in), especially if we retain subconscious memories of our past lives that we can tap into somehow. I prefer it to the idea of heaven - being yourself for all eternity in perfect stillness/peace seems boring to me. I relate to that Sylvia Plath quote where she talks about wanting to experience life as a bunch of different people and to remember what she saw.

The thought of permanently ceasing to exist (and if I have to guess, this is what happens when we die) unsettles me much of the time and terrifies me occasionally. Most of the time I feel like life is too short. Then again, the odds that I would even exist were infinitesimal, so I feel lucky that I get to experience this, however short it may be.
    Though every once in a while I get this feeling of heavy weariness and I feel accepting of the fact that life isn't going to go on forever.

Do I see anything wrong? nope. Is there a problem? Depends.

It is fairly common for people not wanting to die..... but.....

Dying as a natural process of living takes some time to accept.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Not at all. In fact, if you want to live forever, you may actually get to.