User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have "aha!" moments?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 94.12%
  • No

    1 5.88%
12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default Do You Have Epiphanies?

    I don't think that Ni people are the only ones who have epiphanies. Do you have them? If so, what are they about? How do they feel? Under what circumstances do they happen?

  2. #2
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Often driving or in the shower. About those big deep kinda existential things that are running in the background normally. They feel complete, refreshing, sometimes burdensome.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    who doesn't?

    on different things. I'll be stuck on a problem, can't solve it, give up few days later out of no where I'll have a solution
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #4
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Often driving or in the shower. About those big deep kinda existential things that are running in the background normally. They feel complete, refreshing, sometimes burdensome.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    who doesn't?

    on different things. I'll be stuck on a problem, can't solve it, give up few days later out of no where I'll have a solution
    Do you feel the need to talk about them afterward?

  5. #5
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Do you feel the need to talk about them afterward?
    Usually not. Sometimes I do though.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  6. #6
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    They're usually when I feel my entire perspective shifting. It doesn't usually happen overnight - I can feel it coming, sometimes weeks before it actually happens. Smaller ones do happen overnight, but they're less disorienting and at the same time less blissful - just a bit of fun. They're usually about the thing I ruminate on non-stop on the background - understanding Life and bringing Ideas from Fantasy into Reality.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #7
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    They're usually when I feel my entire perspective shifting. It doesn't usually happen overnight - I can feel it coming, sometimes weeks before it actually happens. Smaller ones do happen overnight, but they're less disorienting and at the same time less blissful - just a bit of fun. They're usually about the thing I ruminate on non-stop on the background - understanding Life and bringing Ideas from Fantasy into Reality.
    For a couple days I've been feeling one that's like one of those sneezes that just sits on the fence. I think I understand where you're coming from.

  8. #8
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Generally when i'm manic i have amazing cosmic epiphanies.

    Otherwise, sometimes it's just my own shame coming back to remind me of what an ass i am.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  9. #9
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    For a couple days I've been feeling one that's like one of those sneezes that just sits on the fence. I think I understand where you're coming from.
    Yup. That be the feeling. I usually feel like my head starts filling up and even occasionally get that 'cotton-filled head' feeling that you have when you have a cold as well. When it's compounded by conflicting values duking it out, it also can induce a serious dull head ache for days on end - until suddenly the penny drops, the puzzle piece fits and the sky clears up

    For days after, you feel rejuvenated, the world seems new again, and the bigger understanding allows for more energy, more efficiency in using said energy, and all the benefits that piece of wisdom that has been bestowed on you brings.

    Then the process of cataloguing, beta testing and finding out its limitations and parameters - aka which piece doesn't fit *just* right yet begins.

    And so the cycle continues...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #10
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Do you feel the need to talk about them afterward?
    sometimes, but people usually don't listen to me, so I don't.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have a racist bias?
    By ygolo in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
  2. Do you have goals and dreams?
    By Kiddo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
  4. What kind of hobbies do you have?
    By Sahara in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 10:19 AM
  5. Do you have toe nails on your baby toes?
    By Natrushka in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO