User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have "aha!" moments?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
First 12

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yup. That be the feeling. I usually feel like my head starts filling up and even occasionally get that 'cotton-filled head' feeling that you have when you have a cold as well. When it's compounded by conflicting values duking it out, it also can induce a serious dull head ache for days on end - until suddenly the penny drops, the puzzle piece fits and the sky clears up

For days after, you feel rejuvenated, the world seems new again, and the bigger understanding allows for more energy, more efficiency in using said energy, and all the benefits that piece of wisdom that has been bestowed on you brings.

Then the process of cataloguing, beta testing and finding out its limitations and parameters - aka which piece doesn't fit *just* right yet begins.

And so the cycle continues...
    Yeah, I totally get that 'cotton-filled head' thing. It can feel euphoric, at times. Airy.
    Sometimes I'll have one in which a number of thoughts crystallize or branch out into a number of different frameworks. Then a couple days later, I'll backtrack and realize what was influencing my biases, sort of scrap it, but catalog the experience as a reminder that someone else probably thinks similarly in all likelihood. It's a useful tool to estimate where others come from and what experiences they've been through.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes, but I'm ENTP... so they have no measurable lasting impact.

MBTI
    ENTP

If I'm physically occupied with some repetitive task (washing dishes, for example) all sorts of abstract "truths" will pop into my head and I'll run through different scenarios they manifest in... then apologetically ask you what you were venting about for the last five minutes.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Frustratingly, I have lots of epiphanies that feel like they have the potential to completely change how I view everything and live my life, but then I either forget them, or have trouble seeing that way again and I go back to my normal thought habits. Basically, my field of vision widens and then narrows again. Or, each time it resurfaces in my mind, I don't remember it in the same way that I did before, the idea gets simplified/loses nuance over time. Even if I write it down in detail, when I reread it later I know I'm not seeing it as fully as I did when the "a-ha" moment.

WALMART

Frequently, about many things and in many contexts.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Smaller ones do happen overnight, but they're less disorienting and at the same time less blissful - just a bit of fun. They're usually about the thing I ruminate on non-stop on the background - understanding Life and bringing Ideas from Fantasy into Reality.
    I voted the no because these are all I get. Great in number, not in individual scope or impact. Yet they add up. An ongoing zerg rush upon my concept of life that keeps it constantly regenerating little bites at a time without any comprehensive "WHAM" moments.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I voted the no because these are all I get. Great in number, not in individual scope or impact. Yet they add up. An ongoing zerg rush upon my concept of life that keeps it constantly regenerating little bites at a time without any comprehensive "WHAM" moments.
    I don't get overnight epiphanies. I recognize that the brain passively reorganizes information while asleep, but I wake up largely unaware of any transitions.

What is that like?

Unless you're referring to sparks of creativity prior to settling down to sleep. In which case, I get that a lot and it's somewhat of an impediment.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't get overnight epiphanies. I recognize that the brain passively reorganizes information while asleep, but I wake up largely unaware of any transitions.

What is that like?

Unless you're referring to sparks of creativity prior to settling down to sleep. In which case, I get that a lot and it's somewhat of an impediment.
    Overnight was Amar's word, but it wasn't the part I had in mind when I quoted her.

I meant the latter, the sparks. It's not just when going to sleep, but popping all throughout the day, night included. Very energizing, but rarely do I get (or more realistically, pursue) the chance to share that energy with others when it's on. Some days are more electric than others in this way, as are some times of the day.

It used to be that I'd get most of my inspiration late at night and would stay up for it. These days, it's most likely to be concentrated midday on weekdays, when I'm supposed to be working. Maddeningly, so much less so when I actually have time to create.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Yeah. Ideas, things I have noticed etc converge in my mind to create some kind of realization.