User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Default If I ever retype my boyfriend again, ignore everything I say,and roll your eyes at me

My occasional boyfriend really is an ENFP. I just saw him again today. I don't spend enough time with him, and when we're apart, I forget what he's really like and I'm vulnerable to believing weird things that aren't true about him, including things like 'we have no future together because he is some incompatible or not-ideal socionic relation type.' This is so annoying and I can't believe I 'fell for it' yet again, but I did. Argh. On the plus side, he made my horrible day into a great day. Don't listen to a word I say a couple weeks or a month from now when I start claiming that he's not my dual, he's some other type, we have no future together, blah blah. Even if we don't have a future together it's not for socionic reasons.

LadyLazarus

Troll?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

No, I'm not trolling, that's why I went to the bonfire zone instead of to one of the serious forums. It wasn't important enough to be worthy of one of the serious forums. I really do this, all the time - I get some weird idea and I retype people and then have beliefs about them associated with their new personality type. It's a bunch of crap when it happens.

WALMART

I can relate to that retyping business. I've typed so many people so concentrically....

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My life got substantially better when I stopped looking at people as a type, and more as a person. Types are nice for understanding, but it's not the end all be all. Right now I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole with an ENFP/IEE, and I'm an ISFP/SEE. Don't sweat it, and enjoy your relationship!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

You could always retype yourself though
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    My occasional boyfriend really is an ENFP. I just saw him again today. I don't spend enough time with him, and when we're apart, I forget what he's really like and I'm vulnerable to believing weird things that aren't true about him, including things like 'we have no future together because he is some incompatible or not-ideal socionic relation type.' This is so annoying and I can't believe I 'fell for it' yet again, but I did. Argh. On the plus side, he made my horrible day into a great day. Don't listen to a word I say a couple weeks or a month from now when I start claiming that he's not my dual, he's some other type, we have no future together, blah blah. Even if we don't have a future together it's not for socionic reasons.
    If it makes you feel any better, ISTp socionics (more similar to ISTP MBTI) and ENFp are dual types which means you're theoretically 'perfect'.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You can always have him roleplay your ideal type occasionally ?! to spice things up.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI

Okay, I'm gonna quote everybody, which usually results in technical difficulties and can be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I can relate to that retyping business. I've typed so many people so concentrically....
    Me too, but not so much in recent years. It was worst when I was struggling with the enneagram - round and round and round... Not using the enneagram much nowadays except sometimes just to get a general feel of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    My life got substantially better when I stopped looking at people as a type, and more as a person. Types are nice for understanding, but it's not the end all be all. Right now I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole with an ENFP/IEE, and I'm an ISFP/SEE. Don't sweat it, and enjoy your relationship!
    I usually do something similar, unless 1. I'm constantly having the same issues with a person over and over again, or 2. I'm losing faith because my boyfriend sometimes has been going a while without talking to me, then suddenly answers/calls/texts again, and in between when we're not talking, my brain and/or delusions make up all this crap that isn't true about him. Overall, I am very much enjoying what time I have with him - he is wonderful, and my life has been pretty bad for the past few years in some ways, so it's a huge contrast to all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You could always retype yourself though
    In theory, I could... but I haven't retyped myself in quite a few years. I changed my way of seeing things when the Heavenly Light Of Socionics came over me (yes, I'm kind of making fun of myself). I took a socionics test years ago, came out SLI, had been hovering around ISFP/ISTP anyway, and noticed that all my serious or passionate relationships or best friends had been Delta NFs - a long history of ENFPs and INFJs, people who were stereotypically and without a doubt those types. I had other friends but they were always casual friends who I didn't spend a lot of time with, whereas the longest lasting friends and boyfriends were Delta NFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, ISTp socionics (more similar to ISTP MBTI) and ENFp are dual types which means you're theoretically 'perfect'.
    And I am happy to add more evidence to the theory. I love how he sees the world and he always surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by miauwington View Post
    You can always have him roleplay your ideal type occasionally ?! to spice things up.
    Not even necessary. If I could just see him more frequently, I would stop getting these crazy ideas in my head of 'woe is me, he's the wrong type, we're doomed forever.' When I'm actually with him in the real world, he's exactly the way I want him to be. (Well, not perfect in every way, but you know.)

Actually, I wish I knew how to roleplay different types, because then I would be able to write fiction stories with realistic characters of a wide variety of types, instead of a bunch of flat characters who all seem like SLIs.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post

In theory, I could... but I haven't retyped myself in quite a few years. I changed my way of seeing things when the Heavenly Light Of Socionics came over me (yes, I'm kind of making fun of myself). I took a socionics test years ago, came out SLI, had been hovering around ISFP/ISTP anyway, and noticed that all my serious or passionate relationships or best friends had been Delta NFs - a long history of ENFPs and INFJs, people who were stereotypically and without a doubt those types. I had other friends but they were always casual friends who I didn't spend a lot of time with, whereas the longest lasting friends and boyfriends were Delta NFs.
    I don't think duality is supposed to mean relationships that take a little longer to fail, would you agree?
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.