User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

My dad is a retired ENTJ so/sp (I think) civil engineer for the City of Detroit. He spends half the year in Michigan and half in Ghana (during the cold months in the US of course). He designed his house Ghana and from the US, dictated how it should be built. I wonder how he managed this as I can't get people in my house to put their funky ass socks in the laundry hamper.

Very stable and friendly, loves being a leader. He also loves children, books, and corny television game shows. He's always planning some enterprise to build and he isn't discouraged at all if his plans don't work out; he will immediately regroup. This is his most admirable trait in my eyes. This man does not give up on anything and I think that's biggest lesson I hold on to from him.

He cared deeply about my sisters and I and showed it by being what I thought was stiflingly overprotective. We had major clashes because of it, but now he's one of the few best friends I have. Oh yeah, we're the same height: 5 feet 3 inches. and look almost exactly alike.

Love him to pieces.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

^^Here's the look. Not the character...I know nothing of this character because we were forbidden from watching Mafia movies. But this is my father's look when I was growing-up.

Add to that Edgar...a cup Coriolis...a dash of Nico
    bake at 350° for an hour
    and you've got my Papa.
    Pretty sure the character of Michael Corleone was INTJ too. So your pappy is INTJx4, which, according to my calculations, is very INTJ.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Mine is an ESTJ, former foreman at a mid-sized production facility. They produce construction materials to numerous large construction projects. He's now unemployed and soon to retired.

He's your typical ESTJ. Always ends up in overseeing any organization he's involved with because he likes to organize stuff. Nowadays he's traveling the country & europe with his trailer. We used to do that too when I was a kid, but my mom never liked it so we eventually stopped doing it. But since they divorced, my dad bought a camper and was never happier.

He used to coach my soccer team when I was a kid, did some refereeing as well. I always appreciated his objectivity and ability to stand behind his words. He send my brother out of the game for badmouthing and paused an ice-hockey match he was refereeing to scold spectating parents for their language (they were actually yelling 'Kill that bitch!!' at 10-year olds). He would also get in loud arguments with other parents from my team for not siding with our team in his calls.

On the other hand, he was always distant as a parent, and never seems to listen. Still, even when I'm almost 30, he's still telling me what to do and never hears arguments. No matter, I don't pay much attention to his opinions. My brother does, and it constantly drives him mad. He's 35, father of two, and goes crazy everytime my dad tries to give fatherly advices.

All in all, I do appreciate his objectivity, but on the other hand I do want to be less judging than he is. I believe this is where my ability to understand my SJness comes from.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Riva

Mine is an estj.
    Financially stable
    Reminds me i and the rest of the family that we are slackers everyday.
    Well read (mostly on current affairs) and tells me not to read too much irrelevant things.
    Insulting
    Just
    Hard working
    Proper
    Exercise freaks with very good habits
    Control freak
    Hard to get along
    Rude

But an ideal parent and i consider myself very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Pretty sure the character of Michael Corleone was INTJ too. So your pappy is INTJx4, which, according to my calculations, is very INTJ.
    Edgar please tell us about your daddy.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

My dad's an ESFP sonographer. He asked my mum out when she was a medical resident at his hospital because he thought she was cute and had nice thighs. He does yoga 5 times a week, and shoots animals from a helicopter on his holidays. He had a hard upbringing he doesn't talk about much. He lives in a thimble and wears his socks until they have holes in them, and when my mother tries to throw them away, he goes out to the bin and rescues them for a few more wears. His one regular splurge is on fusion jazz records he buys from Amazon. He's turning 60 this year, so we're planning a surprise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I tried to get @NoahFence to come on here to tell about his dad but he's too busy. His dad is a character! INFJ (according to him- I had been trying to figure it out for years when I noticed it's right on his business cards) artist and costume designer, gay, lives in restored millhouse. We have to call to remind him to put away his weed and complicated vaporizer contraption before we come over with the kids. Usually he disregards this request so Noah goes in before us to put it somewhere out of sight. Last year he had a brain abscess that ruptured and we almost lost him. He was in a coma for several days, then awake and insane in the ICU for two weeks, and then in brain injury rehab for a month. At the first rehab facility, he thought they were running a drug/prostitution ring so he tried to break out, kicking a male nurse in the sack and attempting to strangle another nurse in the process. Then he moved to a better rehab and made real progress before being released. Now he just has memory issues and some other kinds of nuttiness (sleepwalking, et. al.), but he was already nutty so it's hard to piece out what was pre-existing and what's from the brain injury. I love him desperately, although I didn't actually figure that out until his brush with death. Sometimes these things happen to remind us of who is important to us. I'm just thankful he's still around so I can tell him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    haha. I love knowing this because I had no idea. And now I have to watch this movie (<-and if this doesn't permanently scar me I'll move onto Good Fellas...the Sopranos...Jersey Shore...) Thank you so much for this.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    My dad was a teacher too. Worked his way up to Principal. I was in his school at one time. Got sent to him to be strapped for playing up.
    Whoa. I guess that's one way to avoid giving preferential treatment!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

figsfiggyfigs

ISFJ, retired engineer whose last employment was as senior regional project manager or something at a bunch of oil companies . No idea tbh.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Edgar please tell us about your daddy.
    My daddy is an ESFP - he is great fun on vacations, but if I get stuck driving with him for more than one hour, I just want to tuck and roll the hell out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    haha. I love knowing this because I had no idea. And now I have to watch this movie (<-and if this doesn't permanently scar me I'll move onto Good Fellas...the Sopranos...Jersey Shore...) Thank you so much for this.
    There are no INTJs in the other ones you've listed. And if your father catches you watching Jersey Shore, I'm sure he'll do the compassionate thing and drown you in a bucket like a crippled kitten.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.