User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

yes, I do regret a lot of things I've posted in the past. but mostly choices I made in real life affect me more then anything I've said on here. Like me deciding not to go to class for a semester and not dropping classes so I fail that semester which brings my gpa down to 1.5 or me saying I will try harder but not. Then I also had the issues of quitting a class and failing it. I guess regrets are normal, I think anyone who says they have no regrets is either a fucking amazing person, lying, or is disconnected with themselves. JMO.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Past mistakes bother me a bit, however, I can forget them, learn my lesson, and move on. Things I say on forums are written down for me to read over and over. I could just modify or delete them, but I don't really want to go back and look at them even to do that.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

But what about all the mistakes we are going to make in the future.

All those regrets - just think of all those regrets to come.

It's not my regrets for the past that worry me, but my regrets for the future.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But what about all the mistakes we are going to make in the future.

All those regrets - just think of all those regrets to come.

It's not my regrets for the past that worry me, but my regrets for the future.
    but won't your future regrets eventually become past regrets?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Amended thread title just a bit to encourage more posting. It's a good topic.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but won't your future regrets eventually become past regrets?
    This is perfectly true.

And this is the second thing you have said that is perfectly true.

I look forward to the third thing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I have felt similarly towards private journals I've written three to five years ago. On the other hand, I do not regret my forum posts or any other public commentaries. If I do make a mistake, I also take it as a lesson to be learned and move on. Without that incident, I would have not had the knowledge to improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be the healthy INTJ way. I don't go this route. I go the masochistic, self destructive, regret, tormented bullshit for no reason that isn't helping progress along route.
    I'm more like the former, but I used to be like you describe.

It is pretty brutal, and I would swing between expressing myself and then feeling so embarrassed over the inadequacies of my posting (as well as the changes in my ideas, so where I thought my ideas were no longer "right" and I made horrible mistakes in nuance and despised the inaccuracies) that I would want to delete it all and hide in shame, honestly... but the compulsion to share was too much, so then the cycle would start again.

I got to a point where I had to learn to accept it. I mean, rationally, you NEVER know everything, you will ALWAYS be able to look back at some point and see that you were wrong on something or had the wrong nuance. And if that is an adequate excuse not to contribute, then you will NEVER contribute or accomplish anything; we are works in progress throughout our lives.

So logically you need to accept the personal shame you feel rather than trying to run from it (by deleting your posts or pulling out) and instead learn to accept your inadequacy and not feel bad about it. This is hard, INTPs take great pride in "thinking rationally" and drawing correct conclusions and describing things accurately. In a sense, your self-identity has to move away from "the perfection of your ideas" and instead be centered around "you" as a person and your motivations and goals and ideals and where you are heading in life.

So basically I'm saying, "Be brave, and suck it up, it's not as bad as you feel it is." But it's not an easy road, and many times I've hated it. (Then again, no one really has an easy road.)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    ... Things I say on forums are written down for me to read over and over. I could just modify or delete them, but I don't really want to go back and look at them even to do that.
    ha, yeah. I did my blog so I could save the details of my experiences for later use for something or other... I had to go back through at last summer's the other night, looking for something, and ... ugh. Talk about rambling, and getting caught up in my head, and ... well, sort of embarrassing, I value everyone who stuck with me through it.

But it's where i was. As much as I hate it. And I don't want to "edit my past."

I just will need to either get some courage to really read it all again at some point... or drink more before I read it again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Once I hit submit, I own it. I think I've deleted less than five of my posts.

I was originally just going to lurk here. Look what y'all would've missed out on!!!

MBTI
    INFP

re OP (not pm)

It's good if you think your previous posts are below par--it means you doubt yourself and that you are seeking to improve.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    It's not even that it hurts. I just think and realize that I am a fucking retard.
    Welcome to the club. We ran out of party hats a while ago but I think there's still some punch left.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari