123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default Have you ever been in a fight?

Well, have ya? Punk?

edit: yes, physical.

edit 2: and if it so, and it is a good story, do tell.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Well, have ya? Punk?

edit: yes, physical.
    A couple.

EDIT: have you?

Riva

^

Same here. A couple. I might not have won all of them though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    A couple.
    Go on. Details? I added an edit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

@DiscoBiscuit

Uuuumm, well, real fights on the street? No. Come close? YES.

I've sparred HARD in cages at MMA gyms, involving repeated punches to the face, almost been knocked out by more than one cage fighter. rolled, (jiu jitsu) more times than I could count.

But real fight in the street/bar. No.

LadyLazarus

Yup, but it was lame; when I was about 9 I just slapped my little sister and she just slapped me back then we just started laughing.Then my mom slapped both of us on the heads and told us violence was not the answer, which now that I think about it was super hypocritical.
    Anyway, other than that, no, I'd much rather use my words than my fists.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Yup, but it was lame; when I was about 9 I just slapped my little sister and she just slapped me back then we just started laughing.Then my mom slapped both of us on the heads and told us violence was not the answer, which now that I think about it was super hypocritical.
    LMFAO.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    If this is the standard, then I guess I have slapped a few men in the face more than once at a bar. One guy, yes seriously, even had glasses. haha, but he slapped me first. Never punch a man with glasses. I don't think the rules say anything about a good hard slap.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Not since I was a kid. Just because I'm trailer trash doesn't mean I want everybody to know it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Go on. Details? I added an edit.
    Well I haven't been in any since I graduated college and trained MMA for a couple of years (shame I know, as I've wanted to test out those skills myself).

The last one to happen occurred when I was a Freshman in college. I hadn't taken my ADHD medicine that day for whatever reason (which didn't help), and my room mate was bugging me while I was playing some game or other on my computer.

I can't remember what we were arguing about (this occurred back in 2004 I believe so it's been a while), but eventually I turned around in my chair and called him a bitch.

Before going any further, let me give some context, my room mate was a 5'10 Indian guy who weighed maybe 150lbs soaking wet and I at the time was probably about 205 lbs 6'1.5".

That being the case he decides being called a bitch is sufficient provocation to slap me in the face. Given the fact that I hadn't had my Concerta that morning, my impulse control was not at it's best.

I jumped up out of the chair and started after him. Once out of my chair I think he realized the size difference (mistake he had made) and bolted for the kitchen. He comes back in the room with a kitchen knife. My Irish was up and all from being slapped, but I wasn't really in flight or fight mode b/c he was a fairly small guy. The instant I saw the knife in his hand, I had the craziest adrenaline dump in my life, and grabbed the wrist of his hand holding the knife, with my other forearm on his upper chest/throat I pushed him into the wall, and managed to knock the knife out of his hand.

That was the end of it, and we agreed not to mention anything to the RA or authorities. He stepped over the line and made a rash decision when I got out of the chair, but no harm was done and no ones pride was injured.

No sense in making a mountain out of a mole hill for nothing. We never really had anymore issues after that.