User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Rep was cumulative. When people had a lot of rep, the rep they gave was worth more. So there were little cliquey rep circle jerks where friends repped the hell out of each other and distorted whatever little meaning the rep system had. IIRC, that's why people got mad and we did away with it. This is why we can't have nice things.
    You can do it where you can't give it away.

Actually, fuck it. This forum is swell. I'm gonna stop bitchin' (probably).

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Far be it for me to say anything positive about PerC, as it seems you can get banned if an administrator sees you prefer dogs over cats, but to me, the visible likes you see are kind of an indicator on whether or not you're, well, a likeable person. AND AREN'T WE ALL JUST TRYING TO GET ALONG??

Ok I'm done.

Edit: Ok I'm not done.

The "Likes" on Facebook are a popularity/bragging contest. The likes on personality forums like this seem to be more based on insightful or humorous or interesting comments, not "Hey look at me everyone I'm in Paris and you're not!!" like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like,like.
    dislike.
    there, you got the feedback you so crave.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

dislike.
    If you'd been paying attention, I said NO dislikes or negative feedback. Now my feelings are hurt, and I will be crying myself to sleep tonight. THANKS.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

dislike.
    If you'd been paying attention, I said NO dislikes or negative feedback. Now my feelings are hurt, and I will be crying myself to sleep tonight. THANKS.

MBTI
    ----

entps aren't good at paying attention i'm afraid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    entps aren't good at paying attention i'm afraid.
    I know soul sister, I know.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

FWIW, in current FAQ: FAQ > Setting and Profile Features > Reputation:

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to remove the erroneous/outdated description?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

The thing is, "Reputation" would imply that you BUILD REPUTATION. Little comments, as lovely as they are with ZERO points, is not reputation. At least call it what it is and make the button say "Hi there, that thing you just said or posted, I thought it was swell and I'm going to elaborate a little if I choose."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    FWIW, in current FAQ: FAQ > Setting and Profile Features > Reputation:

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.

What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?

You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to remove the erroneous/outdated description?
    Yes, it can be removed.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

Talk about non issues...

Also, it's not as easy to get banned from PerC as you all are saying. I've been 'discussing' there for a week or so, and I'm still alive.

You should see my 'gay marriage is inferior' thread. 15 pgs, people actually agreeing with it, people hurling insults at one another. It's actually quite beautiful.

My 'alpha vs beta' thread wasn't as successful.