Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Come visit Oakland, you don't have to understand it, you just see it. In my case, you are it.
    It's happening in Detroit too. I got the basic idea from context, but I wasn't solid in my understanding.

*buys $7 latte from trendy cafe*
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes chickpea liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

You must just be one threatening mofo.
    I'm not though. I'm skinny, people keep feeding me, which is fine. and are always trying to get me to eat more. and i keep to myself mostly
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    It's happening in Detroit too. I got the basic idea from context, but I wasn't solid in my understanding.

*buys $7 latte from trendy cafe*
    Ah,it kind of is an unavoidable issue around here because people who work in tech in SF have to live somewhere, they can't live in SF anymore because of housing costs, so Oakland is the only option, which raises prices in Oakland because landlords, which is right next to Berkeley radicals, who dress up as clowns and vomit on Google transportation busses as a form of protest.

Currently I am one of those tech workers in a quickly gentrifying neighborhood. The coffeeshop/cafe down the street closed because it can no longer afford its rent, it will be replaced by a lame-ass wine bar. I am the first non-Ethiopian renter in my little complex, and rent for similar places has gone up double within a year. I support the shit out of locally run establishments owned by and hiring people who will eventually be displaced, but it really is an eventuality. Cuz capitalism and economics.

Sometimes, I just wanna run away from my family, I just wanna run away from my country, I want to go to a place where nobody knows me and then I start my entire life afresh.

People often say that no man is an island, but this isn't the case for me though, I actually feel much happier being alone by myself than being around people. Whenever I am around people, they always have certain expectations toward me that they expect me to adhere to. I don't have the freedom to be myself, I often feel controlled by people's expectations toward me.

For example, my friends always feel upset with me whenever I need my alone time.
    And my family feel upset by my career choices. I want a career that I am passionate about but they want me to work in a career that is more financially stable.
    And then there is also my teacher who feels upset with me and lashed out at me when I failed his exam.

I feel so exhausted by people's expectations toward me. I feel like whenever I am around people, I am unable to be myself around them, I became another person just to make them happy, but in the process of making them happy, I ended up neglecting my own needs and making myself unhappy.

Maybe this is why I often feel like running away. I am just so tired of being around people and I just wanna run away to a new place where nobody knows me and then spend my remaining years being a hermit.

Once my parents passed away, this is what I am gonna do with my life, I am gonna just vanish from everybody around me and spend my remaining years being a hermit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think of some people as pets.

MBTI
    yupp

I think of some people as pets.
    who doesn't?
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    who doesn't?
    I wonder.

MBTI
    yupp

I wonder.
    i think if they say they don't, they're lying at least a little.
    by @magpie

During my teenage years, I used to fantasize of getting married and having a family of my own. But I no longer have this fantasy anymore. People are too complex. You never know who the other person really is. You think you know them, but your perception of them might not be who they really are. No matter how many years you know a person, you can never fully know who they are. You never know what dark secrets they are hiding behind their seemingly normal exterior. You never know what they are capable of.

That smiley person out there might be hiding a depressed interior.
    That nice person out there might be hiding an evil interior.
    That calm person out there might be hiding a violent streak.
    That seemingly happily married person might be having an affair outside.
    That seemingly filial son or daughter might be hiding a deep grudge against his/her own parents.

Ahh, never trust what your eyes see on the surface, because human's eyes can be deceptive.

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    During my teenage years, I used to fantasize of getting married and having a family of my own. But I no longer have this fantasy anymore. People are too complex. You never know who the other person really is. You think you know them, but your perception of them might not be who they really are. No matter how many years you know a person, you can never fully know who they are. You never know what dark secrets they are hiding behind their seemingly normal exterior. You never know what they are capable of.

That smiley person out there might be hiding a depressed interior.
    That nice person out there might be hiding an evil interior.
    That calm person out there might be hiding a violent streak.
    That seemingly happily married person might be having an affair outside.
    That seemingly filial son or daughter might be hiding a deep grudge against his/her own parents.

Ahh, never trust what your eyes see on the surface, because human's eyes can be deceptive.
    Reminded me of this

Given the chance, people are surprisingly frank when they talk about themselves. "I'm honest and open to a ridiculous degree," they'll say, or "I'm thin-skinned and not the type who gets along easily in the world." Or "I am very good at sensing others' true feelings." But any number of times I've seen people who say they've easily hurt other people for no apparent reason. Self-styled honest and open people, without realizing what they're doing, blithely use some self-serving excuse to get what they want. And those "good at sensing others' true feelings" are duped by the most transparent flattery. It's enough to make me ask the question: How well do we really know ourselves?
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |