Page 306 of 347 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3462

Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    speaking of roaches when i got back in town yesterday their was roach eggs in the coffee maker. yay summer
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes prplchknz, Osprey, ñoño, Cloudpatrol liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Why should someone do that?
    It would be a foolish thing to do, on the other hand being a little foolish gives one the opportunity to recover if things turn out untoward.

And being a little foolish gives us the opportunity to experience something a little different.

And I can hold your hand as you try something different, and you can blame me if things don't go as you would like. And happiness is having someone to blame.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

Silly for Symphily Array Cloudpatrol's Avatar
    MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Dear Cloudpatrol,

Be a little foolish and put yourself in my hands for a little while.

And so you see, while you are in my hands you will be a little bad, certainly not a lot bad, but a little bad.

In my experience, these kind of things do not end well. Usually, the one who acquiesces to being foolish - ends up being blamed - by the one who first wished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And of course you are not responsible for being a little bad, for you are just doing what I told you to do. I mean, Cloudpatrol, you can blame me, and happiness is having someone to blame. - Mole.
    Do I seem the type

Look, the only person I can control is myself. Blaming someone else does not bring satisfaction. I prefer to examine what I am accountable for. To learn from that.

Mole: because I do not show my deepest feelings easily, does not mean I am hiding behind a guise of cheery agreeableness.

I recognize this wish to provoke me: to anger or badness. Thinking it will reveal: the ‘real’ me.

Here’s the thing: it takes time and a gradual building of trust for me to reveal all facets of myself.

The truth is I AM a very foolish person. I am a scaredy-Cat if I think I will be disappointed or let down. I can be self-absorbed & let stress and fatigue make me act unwisely. I can be too proud to accept help or admit weakness. I need to be more assertive… My faults are too numerous to list.

So, instead of being foolish (which usually leads to regret) I prefer to be playful.

When I am unkind (bad) or thoughtless = there are consequences. Self-reckoning. So, I find greater reward in being considerate and finding connection.

I will never be overly woebegone, my nature has always been more halcyon.

That being said, I am REAL when I am on TypeC. I have been defensive and later apologized, have shared pictures, have expressed indignation, have written about my life…I honestly am not sure what more is expected

When I become aware of any discrepancies between how I perceive myself and what I learn, I post them. I DON’T feel obligated to explode or cry or have outbursts on the forum. I can have mature, thoughtful reactions.

If I AM upset - I will likely do so privately - or with a trusted companion. I am human and do bleed. I don’t need to have it witnessed to make it so.

I will share what I choose. With an open spirit. I can’t control how that is received.

{Sidenote} You have recently explained the reasons behind your own ‘persona’ so I am choosing not to delve deeper into the irony of you addressing me on this topic
    I have great faith in fools. My friends call it self-confidence.

MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    You deserve every compliment Clouds. Not even fishing for compliments so don't feel it necessary to reciprocate, I just want you to know that

There is a tendency to only see the negative in ourselves, myself included, and it unfortunately mars what good we DO bring to the world. Continue to shine brightly Clouds, I'll be there smiling as you continue to spread your compassion towards others.

Cake for you!

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post

{Sidenote} You have recently explained the reasons behind your own ‘persona’ so I am choosing not to delve deeper into the irony of you addressing me on this topic
    He mentioned something about wanting to cut down tall poppies or something, IIRC.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

He mentioned something about wanting to cut down tall poppies or something, IIRC.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Oh, that!
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Cake for you!

every other day
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    every other day
    Can you post something that isn't trolly?

Can you post something that isn't trolly?
    is that a trick question
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.