User Tag List

Page 305 of 347 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3467

Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I will confess that I accidentally got into The Bachelor in Paradise. That was so hard for me to type...and now I'm going to attempt submitting it.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Silly for Symphily Array Cloudpatrol's Avatar
    MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

@Starry! You have provided two huge flashes of insight:

Yah 9s aren't afraid of other people...they don't avoid conflict/bad because of others...they avoid it because they are afraid of what they might do and destroy if they unleash the beast haha.
    YES. Whenever loved ones ask "Why didn't you get mad?!?" they don't understand that I KNOW I deserve to be mad. But, my anger is like a forcefield that I feel is too strong. I seldom get angry, but when I do, I usually feel it's better to stay quiet and in control. But, other people around me interpret it as that I am 'worried about the feelings of others'.

I never connected this to 9.

Then this:

I think what I do today is I'm trying to ration the magic. So yes, I'm trying to prove my father wrong...that good things don't end. I feel safe keeping the good things in the future for as long as possible (I know that's hard to understand but yah).
    I totally 'get' this 7 aspect. If I have something I love I will sometimes 'ration' it so that it doesn't run out. Making the enjoyment of it last as long as possible. I used to save new clothes in my closet...thinking about the joy of wearing them eventually. (Once my husband died I realized the foolishness of this )

I have never heard anyone else talk about this. I get this in part from my Dad who also tries to make 'magic last' and just today I was thinking that whereas I have 7 in my enneagram, I think it is his core...
    I have great faith in fools. My friends call it self-confidence.
    Likes geedoenfj, Starry liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    YES. Whenever loved ones ask "Why didn't you get mad?!?" they don't understand that I KNOW I deserve to be mad. But, my anger is like a forcefield that I feel is too strong.
    Yes, beneath your wonderfully empathic persona I sense a volcano. And although I am tempted by your empathy, I keep my eye on the volcano.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, beneath your wonderfully empathic persona I sense a volcano. And although I am tempted by your empathy, I keep my eye on the volcano.
    I apologize if I have come across as angry in tone towards you, as that wasn't my intent.

I keep re-writing this as I am having difficulty articulating myself tonight. I grew up in a volatile (volcano) atmosphere and do not want people to fear/experience that kind of reaction from me.

I know that it is an inborn weakness and have learnt to breathe and integrate feelings calmly in the aim to express anger appropriately. Truthfully, I still struggle with not wanting to be angry (because of previous experiences) and realizing that there IS righteous anger.

Your comment shows me I still have more progress to make.

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

@Starry! You have provided two huge flashes of insight:

YES. Whenever loved ones ask "Why didn't you get mad?!?" they don't understand that I KNOW I deserve to be mad. But, my anger is like a forcefield that I feel is too strong. I seldom get angry, but when I do, I usually feel it's better to stay quiet and in control. But, other people around me interpret it as that I am 'worried about the feelings of others'.

I never connected this to 9.

Then this:

I totally 'get' this 7 aspect. If I have something I love I will sometimes 'ration' it so that it doesn't run out. Making the enjoyment of it last as long as possible. I used to save new clothes in my closet...thinking about the joy of wearing them eventually. (Once my husband died I realized the foolishness of this )

I have never heard anyone else talk about this. I get this in part from my Dad who also tries to make 'magic last' and just today I was thinking that whereas I have 7 in my enneagram, I think it is his core...

Cloudpatrol...I know I've told you these things privately... and I know that not everyone is fond of compliments when made in a more public space... But I hope you don't mind if I take this opportunity to make this confession...

While it is extremely rare... every once and a while I will start to suspect that someone I know is actually an advanced, spiritual being sent to earth to share their wisdom and love... and *surprise* you are one of those people!

^^I laugh a little writing that but it is hardly an exaggeration. I just think you are quite extraordinary. Whenever I read something you have written I experience your wisdom and love and feel grateful for it.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive

MBTI
    NFPI
    Enneagram

@Starry I have a hard time truly accepting compliments.

But occasionally someone says something - like you have here - that I put into a small room of my heart. To be treasured and taken out again to savor when I need or want.

I am grateful and hope I can show you the feeling is mutual in a way that honors how you made me feel today.
    Likes Starry liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Starry I have a hard time truly accepting compliments.

But occasionally someone says something - like you have here - that I put into a small room of my heart. To be treasured and taken out again to savor when I need or want.

I am grateful and hope I can show you the feeling is mutual in a way that honors how you made me feel today.
    You deserve every compliment Clouds. Not even fishing for compliments so don't feel it necessary to reciprocate, I just want you to know that

There is a tendency to only see the negative in ourselves, myself included, and it unfortunately mars what good we DO bring to the world. Continue to shine brightly Clouds, I'll be there smiling as you continue to spread your compassion towards others.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes FutureInProgress, Starry, Cloudpatrol liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I can kill cockroaches. I can capture mice and release them several blocks away. I can do both of those things even when everyone around me is freaking out. But it still really gets to me, and I still find it deeply disgusting. There's just something about having a large, filthy, and extremely unpredictable creature in your home, especially when it's near where you store your food, and/or where you sleep.

It's frustrating, because I should be used to seeing roaches and mice by now. I live in the city, so they're unavoidable. But every time I go downstairs to the kitchen late at night, I flinch a little bit when I turn the light on.
    speaking of roaches when i got back in town yesterday their was roach eggs in the coffee maker. yay summer
    by @magpie

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default Happiness

I apologize if I have come across as angry in tone towards you, as that wasn't my intent.

I keep re-writing this as I am having difficulty articulating myself tonight. I grew up in a volatile (volcano) atmosphere and do not want people to fear/experience that kind of reaction from me.

I know that it is an inborn weakness and have learnt to breathe and integrate feelings calmly in the aim to express anger appropriately. Truthfully, I still struggle with not wanting to be angry (because of previous experiences) and realizing that there IS righteous anger.

Your comment shows me I still have more progress to make.
    Dear Cloudpatrol,

Be a little foolish and put yourself in my hands for a little while.

And so you see, while you are in my hands you will be a little bad, certainly not a lot bad, but a little bad.

We can rationalise this by saying being a little bad is like an inoculation, it gives you some idea what it is like, while at the same time being able to recover from any untoward effects.

And of course you are not responsible for being a little bad, for you are just doing what I told you to do. I mean, Cloudpatrol, you can blame me, and happiness is having someone to blame.

- Mole.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Dear Cloudpatrol,

Be a little foolish and put yourself in my hands for a little while.
    Why should someone do that?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!