User Tag List

Page 289 of 346 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3457

Thread: Confessions

  1. #2881
    FRACTALICIOUS Array phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    oh dude...if I start seeing that...I can't look.

    - - - Updated - - -



    fuck me I saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I had to switch to the only avatar I have saved on this computer quickly haha
    my work here is done
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  2. #2882
    Rape Holess Array
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    my work here is done
    You know I have always wanted to do an awful one of those for fun.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes Forever liked this post

  3. #2883
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    It has been long time since I have found a... 'Modern' book 'good'.

    I just read Penpal- and I found it... Better than expected- better than most other books of this time that I have read that have gotten similar 'high rating' from reviewers... But it wasnt... Maybe it teetered more towards 'good'... But it wasnt GREAT.

    The book that has gotten closest to 'good' that I have read in the last year is probably 'when a monster calls'(something like that)... And that was a childrens book

    Anyways. Guess my confession is that Im a literature snob.

    I DID enjoy- and WOULD rate 'GOOD'- East of Eden, by John steinbeck. But that isnt a MODERN DAY BOOK.


    I NEED a GOOD modern day book.

    So Im a pretentious book snob.

    Iconfess.

  4. #2884
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    It has been long time since I have found a... 'Modern' book 'good'.

    I just read Penpal- and I found it... Better than expected- better than most other books of this time that I have read that have gotten similar 'high rating' from reviewers... But it wasnt... Maybe it teetered more towards 'good'... But it wasnt GREAT.

    The book that has gotten closest to 'good' that I have read in the last year is probably 'when a monster calls'(something like that)... And that was a childrens book

    Anyways. Guess my confession is that Im a literature snob.

    I DID enjoy- and WOULD rate 'GOOD'- East of Eden, by John steinbeck. But that isnt a MODERN DAY BOOK.


    I NEED a GOOD modern day book.

    So Im a pretentious book snob.

    Iconfess.
    Do you like Neil Gaiman?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes N/A liked this post

  5. #2885
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Do you like Neil Gaiman?
    I do- though I didnt think the graveyard book was... I mean, it was ok reaching towards good but that ending just... It ruined its chances for me.

    But coraline- coraline is closer.

    I havent read anything else from him but perhaps I might catch something 'good' if I do.

    Itll probably be 'library time' for me in a few days- so Ill keep him in mind.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  6. #2886
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Someday I will learn that encouragement to speak freely is not actually an encouragement for me to speak freely. Because my version of speaking freely is WAY too free for most people.

    Today is not the day that I learn that lesson.
    I am curious...why is it too free? Do people take it as too blunt or do their feelings get hurt? I am just curious about it from the Te perspective. It always feels familiar but alien to me.

  7. #2887
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    I try to be open and adaptable but I am still a bit cautious with boundaries. I wish I could be free to say whatever the heck I am thinking but my mind tends to default to the socially appropriate diplomatic approach. It sucks... Dang it.

  8. #2888
    hyggelig Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    16,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    I am curious...why is it too free? Do people take it as too blunt or do their feelings get hurt? I am just curious about it from the Te perspective. It always feels familiar but alien to me.
    I think other people have an image in their heads of what it means to be "forthright" and that image is not in sync with what it means for Te folks to be "forthright". Like, we're forthright all the time, but everyone is always holding SOMETHING back, right? So if Te folks are starting from a baseline of being forthright, and then are asked to be more so?

    It's kind of disheartening to always end up in that situation. Part of the trend I've noticed, of ExTx folks tending to be bulls in china shops. But I can't expect others to adapt to me, especially if they don't know me well. So either this continues, or I'm the one who has to adapt.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #2889
    ;) Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    My lips are so dry these days ugh!! I hate this feeling
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

  10. #2890
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    I try to be open and adaptable but I am still a bit cautious with boundaries. I wish I could be free to say whatever the heck I am thinking but my mind tends to default to the socially appropriate diplomatic approach. It sucks... Dang it.
    I dont think there's anything wrong with that to be truthful.

Similar Threads

  1. Confessions - Guilty Pleasures
    By Oberon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 03:14 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
  3. Confessions
    By Thursday in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM
  4. Confessions
    By Zangetshumody in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
  5. [NT] NT Confessions
    By Neobick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 05:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO