User Tag List

Page 25 of 347 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions

Ginkgo

When I was younger, I thought that rocks were alive, and that if I ate one, it would turn into a boulder and kill me.

LadyLazarus

I'm secretly super jealous of my little sister. She got to be born tall, elegant, and regal, while I got to be born short, curvy, and child-like. She gets to look 17/18 while she's 16 and I get to look her actual age while I'm 18. So basically, she looks older than me and it's so unfair! :/ Especially when people tell her she should be a model and I'm just in the corner turning green(subtly of course). Her personality too; she gets to be all mysterious and icy, while I'm all goofy and expressive. The worst part is that she thinks all that stuff is BAD( ), when she's the kind of person I want to be. It's super frustrating. I try not to let it influence the way I treat her though, of course I love her as well as hold no resentment towards her; it's not her fault after all. I can't say it doesn't internally get to me at times though.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    I'm secretly super jealous of my little sister. She got to be born tall, elegant, and regal, while I got to be born short, curvy, and child-like. She gets to look 17/18 while she's 16 and I get to look her actual age while I'm 18. So basically, she looks older than me and it's so unfair! :/ Especially when people tell her she should be a model and I'm just in the corner turning green(subtly of course). Her personality too; she gets to be all mysterious and icy, while I'm all goofy and expressive. The worst part is that she thinks all that stuff is BAD( ), when she's the kind of person I want to be. It's super frustrating. I try not to let it influence the way I treat her though, of course I love her as well as hold no resentment towards her; it's not her fault after all. I can't say it doesn't internally get to me at times though.
    Mysteriousness and iciness are less appealing when they're your own traits... I bet a lot of people who are popularly considered attractive see it as more of a burden than a blessing, and may not even feel attractive themselves.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Mysteriousness and iciness are less appealing when they're your own traits... I bet a lot of people who are popularly considered attractive see it as more of a burden than a blessing, and may not even feel attractive themselves.
    That's true it's most likely not a walk through a field of flowers all the time like most things and yeah I think it's one of those "the grass is greener" sort of things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I feel like a teenager again and "boy crazy." Boys of all shapes and sizes turn my head- and I actually wish it would just stop!

I like being mildly intoxicated.

I want to kiss a girl to see what it's like. (I did once as a teenager- but she forced herself on me and I hated it.)

I think about sex way too much.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    eSTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    That's true it's most likely not a walk through a field of flowers all the time like most things and yeah I think it's one of those "the grass is greener" sort of things.
    It truly is a "grass is greener" thing. I am also very tall, 5'9 which can be good AND bad. I often envy shorter friends who are more petite, wear their heels and are typically curvier than I am. It is viewed as more feminine. I have learned to love my body at 21 but still, I wouldn't mind being a couple inches shorter. Instead, I feel lanky, masculine and awkward at times. I've also been told my stature intimidates others and make me harder to approach.. not a good thing to hear.

Also, the whole "you should be a model" is flattering through childhood but once you become an adult and are seriously pursuing career aspirations it can be extremely hard to be taken seriously. I am currently wrapping up my third year in economics degree and have been often told, "I didn't know you were so smart, you don't really look like it" and "why don't you just drop out and model?" As if all I am good for is an outer appearance and not my hard work/intellect. My accomplishments are either shocking or unnoticed.

This isn't a "pity the tall girls" post, but I am just saying there are pros and cons no matter what shape/size you are, you just have to make the best of it and love yourself.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by miss_hap View Post
    It truly is a "grass is greener" thing. I am also very tall, 5'9 which can be good AND bad. I often envy shorter friends who are more petite, wear their heels and are typically curvier than I am. It is viewed as more feminine. I have learned to love my body at 21 but still, I wouldn't mind being a couple inches shorter. Instead, I feel lanky, masculine and awkward at times. I've also been told my stature intimidates others and make me harder to approach.. not a good thing to hear.

Also, the whole "you should be a model" is flattering through childhood but once you become an adult and are seriously pursuing career aspirations it can be extremely hard to be taken seriously. I am currently wrapping up my third year in economics degree and have been often told, "I didn't know you were so smart, you don't really look like it" and "why don't you just drop out and model?" As if all I am good for is an outer appearance and not my hard work/intellect. My accomplishments are either shocking or unnoticed.

This isn't a "pity the tall girls" post, but I am just saying there are pros and cons no matter what shape/size you are, you just have to make the best of it and love yourself.
    I'm glad you're not her, I'd rep you this it's a bitch to rep from my phone
    by @magpie

MBTI
    eSTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm glad you're not her, I'd rep you this it's a bitch to rep from my phone
    Who is 'her'?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp