Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I hate when people say "bless you" after I sneeze. I don't know why. I don't hate it when they say it to other sneezing people. I also never offer a "bless you" when I hear other people sneeze. I just cannot stand being metaphorically blessed after expelling germs and bacteria from my system orally.
    Where I come from it's exactly the opposite, if someone doesn't say bless you I will be irritated
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I'm really nice irl.

I will say things on the top of my mind for example:

Oh wow I haven't seen you work here before did you just apply? No I've been working here for 2 months I only work mornings though.

Oh okay cool.

*few days later, comes by in the afternoon*

Oh my you're here! And it is not a morning...
    I don't get it.
    Am i missing some nice thing Fe users do?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Ok i ll play by saying something that is not really a confession but might be to someone who otherwise cares what ppl think of them

I am extremely grumpy in the morning. My answer to someone trying to talk to me within 30 min of waking up will probably be as follows:
    *Shakes head no*
    *closes door on person who dares to adress me in my semi-rebooted state*

- i ve always been a night owl. If i wake up at "normal hours (tm)" i almost inevitably spend 30 min to 2 hours in a dazed and confused state

- one of my main objections / conversation ender to ppl telling
    Me stuff irl is that its either not interesting to me or that i already know.
    I think i use one or/and the other about 20 times a day.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

How did I get dragged into politics again?

All this tension has been building up for too long. I only hope I don't get too hungover the day after it finally explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I hate when people say "bless you" after I sneeze. I don't know why. I don't hate it when they say it to other sneezing people. I also never offer a "bless you" when I hear other people sneeze. I just cannot stand being metaphorically blessed after expelling germs and bacteria from my system orally.
    I agree. It makes as much sense as saying "bless you" after someone uses the toilet.

MBTI
    :}

I want to sleep all day. Just sleep. Im really bored. I can't wait for summer/new semester so I can actually get shit going-at this point its like trying to push a heavy rock uphill. Its just not going to happen. Gotta hope for the best-that it doesnt fall and squash me completely. Fresh start. Sounds good about now. Especially with the peer advisor next semester. The fucking miracle worker(anne sullivan?)to my helen keller.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    People can read my emotions before I even realize them, and I'm unfortunately quick tempered and intense, damn I hate it!!
    Supposedly, I am pretty even-tempered but that took A LOT of practice to become like that. The fact that people sometimes perceive me as a quieter introverted type is a big compliment to me.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I only really got into psychology to try to figure out the neuroses of myself and the people around me. Because of my experiences, I am hypervigilant of people, emotions, and thoughts. But now I am ready to focus my life on something a bit more impersonal.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I don't get it.
    Am i missing some nice thing Fe users do?
    We come across much better in person. I even announced in my intro. thread on this forum that, in writing, I come across quite differently.

Here's what I can tell you. In ten years of practicing law, there have only been two potential clients that I have ever met who didn't want to hire me. That said, there were quite a few for whom I did not want, nor could I in good conscience, work for. I had to turn them down and, instead, recommended other attorneys who might be able to help them, but a healthy, Fe dom, ENFj is powerful in person. We are noted for a chameleon-like ability to adjust our emotional presentation to be whatever it is we sense you need us to be at a given moment. We can also make you feel great abut yourself (if we want to).

It's a mixed blessing (being emotionally unstable).

Are internally emotional, but usually modest and constrained in their emotional expression. Sensitive and vulnerable, alone in a shower may often experience dramatic emotions, but in front of strangers they restrain themselves. Find it difficult to relax due to internal strains, wounds, and overarching ambitions; while internally suffering from a set of complexes, externally they appear proud and aloof.
    Very inquisitive and talkative; emotional enough to be impressionable. Internally intense/strained, frequently they doubt their decisions. Emotionally liberated and artistic, they easily express their feelings. Aware of the moods of others and are skilled in positively manipulating them. Speaks with feelings and enthusiasm, yet prone to irony and criticisms they sometimes project a venomous and haughty image.
    Predisposed to reflection, internal fluctuations and doubts.
    Socionics Types: EIE-ENFj Subtypes

The ethical subtype is internally very emotional, but usually modest and restrained in expression of his feelings. Unobtrusive in conversation, tries to behave according to the rules of good tone and manners. Vulnerable and easily takes offense. In his heart and soul he often experiences dramatic emotions, but around strangers hides and tries to control them. It is difficult for him to truly relax, inside he is tense and high-strung, vulnerable and quite self-loving.
    Has difficulty attaining an inner balance. Due to this, is often in suppressed mood. Overly suspicious, prone to seeing dangers, proud.
    Feels constant inner emotional tension. Needs to periodically spill out accumulated emotions.
    Knows how to beautifully express his feelings. Very sensitively feels his failures and disappointments.
    Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Type Subtype Descriptions by V. Meged, A. Ovcharov, and V. Gulenko

Oversees and manages a very wide range of emotional states. Dramatic emotions quickly turn into comic ones or interweave together, however, around strangers and unfamiliar people can behave calmly and with dignity. Endowed with the gift of emotional empathy, can experience the emotions of another person as if they were his own. Expressive in gestures, gaze, intonation, and other emotional cues. A good actor or speaker. Continually reinvents and reincarnates himself in some style.
    People in his proximity may experience difficulty dealing with his emotional pressuring. He cannot find peace and serenity himself; overflows of negative emotions often lead to mental breakdowns.
    Over time, his worldviews may change to something diametrically opposite of what he has previously conceived. Jedi-Sith-Jedi, i.e. Anakin Skywalker - Added by @Kheledon
    By temperament impatient and restless. Sitting in one place for a long time can even lead to muscle spasms. Finds it difficult to relax even when he is sleeping.
    Has difficulty getting rid of bad habits.
    Estimates attitudes of others by how much they are willing to do for him and how tolerant they are of his strange tastes and habits. Does not feel well in confined spaces. May choose the life of a recluse. @Cellmold perhaps? - Added by @Kheledon
    He is quick to take offense and can be vindictive.
    Has much difficulty achieving inner balance. Inclined to over-dramatize events. Self-immolating, vulnerable, pays close attention to attitudes of others toward himself, transgressions remembers for a long time.
    The representative of this sociotype lives via an inner struggle of emotions which from time to time tend to splash out. For others these violent outbursts can be unexpected. Such people are often gifted with oratorical talent, capable of lighting up others to an idea. They are attracted to fantasy, the exotic, the romantic and sublime feelings.
    Achieves main results by the way of inspiring and emotionally motivating other people
    The most developed side of your personality is the ability to experience intense emotions. You are the person with a complicated spiritual world, full of contrasts and contradictions. For the sake of true, deep feelings you can sacrifice quite a lot.
    You do not always fit easily into the society and avoid unpleasant contact with uninteresting people. You show lack of confidence and certainly in your tastes, inability to properly track your own well-being.
    Socionics - the16types.info - ENFj The Mentor profile by Gulenko

To study the soul of a person, to see the source of his pain and sufferings, to reveal the depths of his experiences, to understand the personal motives of his behaviors in all their apparent contradictions – in this Hamlet sees his destiny; he was born for this, and with this, in essence, he will deal his entire life, regardless of which occupation or sphere of activities he chooses. No one from his circle of acquaintances will be left out from his "emotional impact"
    Around each person Hamlet creates the certain emotional field, which he at his own discretion "charges" first positively, then negatively, constantly expressing his attitude towards this individual's ethical qualities, moreover, not as his personal opinion, but as a general, already prevailing opinion, in which he personally would only be glad to have doubts. Since all of this is presented in the form of subtle hints and accompanied by the most expressive mimicry, the person immediately feels himself intrigued, and imperceptibly for himself falls under Hamlet's emotional influence, becoming an "obedient marionette", which can be pulled by the ropes by this, it would seem, benevolent conversation partner.
    Any of the representatives of this type, independent of age and occupation, magnificently coordinates and manages his mimicry, tone of voice, intonation, and because of these qualities he can predispose his conversation partner favorably, and obtain from him necessary information. If he considers it worthwhile, he can relax a person, try to bring him to sincerity, and persuade him in his own ideas. Sometimes, on the contrary, he will literally restrain his partner by fear and anxiety, trying to completely subordinate him to his will, necessitating completely entrust him.
    Socionics - the16types.info - Stratiyevskaya: ENFj

ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types; they love to laugh, and they love to make people happy. No other type can offer love, loyalty, and support in such a way as the ENFj. Though often surrounded by friends and supporters, they can feel lonely, living in a dark world of superficial supplications. They offer, and ask not ... leaving themselves an empty shell; they are the unreluctant givers of the types.
    One potential problems almost all ENFjs face is a general lack of the expression of their own identity; they can get so caught up in understanding the needs of others that they often times fail to do the things that would naturally define them as individuals. In result, some could adapt 'fake-it-to-make-it' approaches or mold to societies like a chameleons.
    Fe also maintains an active neutral stance on the entire whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one emotional process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals. Probably the most powerful aspect of Fe is the ability to not only stay well informed of new feelings, trends, and the changing moods of others in ways that may be utterly critical to survival in cooperative atmospheres, but the ability to convince through ethical implementations subjectively designed to reorganize and even direct the emotions of others into certain modes of ethical reasoning. This often includes the ability to cheer up others who are down, instinctual knowledge of the degree of tactful politeness to display to strangers, and influencing others to be kind to each other. Being an extroverted function, Fe cannot derive data from within and must amass information from outside of itself and in the here and now to survive as a function or at all.
    Socionics - the16types.info -

Gulenko on Dialectical-Algorithmic Thinking (EIE)
    Its advantages are obvious: it is the most subtle and flexible style. It can easily switch to an opposite direction, and possesses predictive ability, accompanied by an effective type of associative memory.
    The disadvantages in Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition include instability and uncertainty. Algorithmics suffer from difficulty in making choices and embracing unambiguous decisions. This thinking is more comparable to a symphony of flowing interwoven imagery, rather than a mechanism of clearly established instruction sets. Another problem is increased criticality, which can be so high that it incurs self-destruction, plunging them into danger of total detachment from reality, and leading to mental disorders, especially in cases of hereditary predisposition.
    Thinking geniuses are most likely the ultimate version of Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition. Its originality lies in free play of mind, boundless imagination, and daring synthesis of contrasts. Almost always, it accompanies negativity with respect to public opinion. Often possesses a mystical streak. If Western typology believes that brilliant thinkers belonged to a type, then in my opinion it would be EIE. Unbalanced nervous system, hot and restless heart, floods of idea associations—this would be the material from which nature sculpts geniuses. Emphasis added by @Kheledon
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko
    Both good and bad, as is the case for all of us, but Fe doms generally want to do nice things (in my experience).

Last edited by Kheledon; 04-03-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I've been afraid to eat poptarts ever since my sister accidentally set one on fire and the flame was green.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, EJCC, five sounds liked this post