User Tag List

Page 222 of 350 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3493

Thread: Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I can see that. However also writing your personal problems to where people can see them can lead to further self condemnation. I do that sometimes on this forum. So it's always best private in a diary or a hidden word folder.
    Nope, I don't identify with that. I don't really care if people here see that I am a weirdo. If my peer group was looking at my blog stuff I might agree with you, but I don't have the same feelings toward internet people.

It's just the fact that by writing about it, you're dwelling on the matter longer.

Or the best solution: face it head on.
    For many problems, this isn't really that viable of an option. Feeling shitty for no major reason? There's not always a way to easily face that head on. It's best to just distract yourself with random shit until you are happier.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Nope, I don't identify with that. I don't really care if people here see that I am a weirdo. If my peer group was looking at my blog stuff I might agree with you, but I don't have the same feelings toward internet people.

It's just the fact that by writing about it, you're dwelling on the matter longer.

For many problems, this isn't really that viable of an option. Feeling shitty for no major reason? There's not always a way to easily face that head on. It's best to just distract yourself with random shit until you are happier.
    For the most part, I don't believe in spontaneous unhappiness unless it stems from a biological stance. I think it's those problems you repressed gnawing at you.
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

Really, really tired of how things are conducted on this site. Really tired.

Nothing but boredom and a lack of alternative things to do keeps bringing me back here.

For the most part, I don't believe in spontaneous unhappiness unless it stems from a biological stance. I think it's those problems you repressed gnawing at you.
    But it's just that it might take more time and effort than it's worth to fix...depending on the particular issue at hand.

Let's say your oven breaks. It's expensive to fix. You NEVER bake anything anyway and you have a toaster oven, so what's the point in going through the effort and money to try to get it fixed?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

But it's just that it might take more time and effort than it's worth to fix...depending on the particular issue at hand.

Let's say your oven breaks. It's expensive to fix. You NEVER bake anything anyway and you have a toaster oven, so what's the point in going through the effort and money to try to get it fixed?
    So don't use the oven. The oven is separate from you. Your psyche isn't. I say it's very important to get everything sorted out.
    To fly away

Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

So don't use the oven. The oven is separate from you. Your psyche isn't. I say it's very important to get everything sorted out.
    Eh. I guess we can agree to disagree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Eh. I guess we can agree to disagree.
    about the oven thing, preferably throw it away and redecorate your kitchen.
    To fly away

Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

about the oven thing, preferably throw it away and redecorate your kitchen.
    I don't have a broken oven. :p

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't have a broken oven. :p
    Well, even better.
    To fly away

Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

MBTI
    :}

I am sure that I have 'confessed' this before but... I get very little joy out of things like movies, television, and the like. I mean, I always want to be doing-actively, instead of watching-passively. I mean-I want to create my own movies-my own theories-not watch others create something that half the time just doesnt really come close to what I have in my mind. Not that I am saying that what I have in my mind is so profound or anything-but I mean I am generally able to sort of take apart-to really theorize where things will go in multiple ways-some admittedly awful and cliche- but really like 95% of the time-I prefer one of my endings to whatever the real ending of a movie is. They are always so repetative and crowd pleasing and cliche. I don't know. I would just prefer to be actively engaged. And most movies-tv shows- just really don't do that for me anymore. Books are different. I can stop them. I can slow them down. I can think. I can work off of them. And being able to hear internal processing just can provide so much sort of back up for my own internal processing/understanding. In books... Conclusions just seem less forced. Books are just a hell of a lot less linear. A million endings rolled into one. A million different plot points-and so much easier to prevent it from seeming overdone. But books can be disappointments too. I wish I was better at forming my own stories. I wish I could do so without being so so so damn confusing. Even to myself at times. Maybe some day.

This may or may not sound pretentious... But I mean I think that is WHY I get bored... I hate following one line of anything. And often the lines are too similar anyways.
    Likes Lark liked this post