User Tag List

Page 184 of 347 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3464

Thread: Confessions

When I see reckless or dangerous driving my automatic thinking goes something like "I hope that c**t crashes", I explain this away as being about believing in natural consequences, even severe ones, for selfish and bad judgement but I still think its discharitable in extremis.

I dont feel too bad about it, nor do I obsess about it, I just wish people wouldnt be so, so stupid and so, so thoughtless in their behaviour.

I narrowly avoided serious accidents which would have involved pedestrians/cyclyists and multiple cars three or four times today. Its not even a highly urban or city area.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    When I see reckless or dangerous driving my automatic thinking goes something like "I hope that c**t crashes", I explain this away as being about believing in natural consequences, even severe ones, for selfish and bad judgement but I still think its discharitable in extremis.

I dont feel too bad about it, nor do I obsess about it, I just wish people wouldnt be so, so stupid and so, so thoughtless in their behaviour.

I narrowly avoided serious accidents which would have involved pedestrians/cyclyists and multiple cars three or four times today. Its not even a highly urban or city area.
    I'm the same way!!!!

or at least hope they get stuck behind a slow person.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    eSTP

I drive fast and crazy...this reminds me of the thread in SP forum about being held back by rules. I understand the rules, but the reasoning doesn't apply to me. I am actually very cautious in my crazy driving if that makes sense. I have no issue flying 90mph down the road when there is no traffic hydroplaning. Add traffic and I slow down tremendously. I may fly down the highway fast, someone puts a blinker on and I slow down and let them over, then go around them. No frustration, they have just as much right to be on the road and drive in a manner they see as safe. They are just people to go around, the slower the more cautious they are so the more cautious I am going around them. I have went months and months at 100+ MPH on highway in the past with the same cautious driving. My only wrecks have been under 35mph. Most not my fault. I am fairly good at controlling my car, being able to recognize what and who are around me and adjust accordingly. I usually only piss people off who are fear based and never those who judge based on close calls, because I actually have a very good judgement since it's for fun and not driven by time or emotion or adrenaline or anything. Just me though. I had an ESTJ father in law comment that I drive way to fast, but I can handle the car and know the limits of everything around me very well. He was in the backseat and was comfortable with me driving his car when he said that.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I drive fast and crazy...this reminds me of the thread in SP forum about being held back by rules. I understand the rules, but the reasoning doesn't apply to me. I am actually very cautious in my crazy driving if that makes sense. I have no issue flying 90mph down the road when there is no traffic hydroplaning. Add traffic and I slow down tremendously. I may fly down the highway fast, someone puts a blinker on and I slow down and let them over, then go around them. No frustration, they have just as much right to be on the road and drive in a manner they see as safe. They are just people to go around, the slower the more cautious they are so the more cautious I am going around them. I have went months and months at 100+ MPH on highway in the past with the same cautious driving. My only wrecks have been under 35mph. Most not my fault. I am fairly good at controlling my car, being able to recognize what and who are around me and adjust accordingly. I usually only piss people off who are fear based and never those who judge based on close calls, because I actually have a very good judgement since it's for fun and not driven by time or emotion or adrenaline or anything. Just me though. I had an ESTJ father in law comment that I drive way to fast, but I can handle the car and know the limits of everything around me very well. He was in the backseat and was comfortable with me driving his car when he said that.
    What I'm talking about are people who over take on the brow of a hill, on a bend, when they have obstructed views, perhaps from three or two cars back in a que of traffic, stuff like that, the sorts of people who honestly believe that others will "keep them right" by breaking, swerving out of their way, whatever.

People who dont decelerate for any reason what so ever, like pedestrians in the road or a cyclist in the road or even a parked car at the edge of the road, they just swerve out and expect to be fine, the could wreck themselves, wreck on coming traffic, kill the pedestrians.

I equally dont think that people driving ten or twenty miles beneath the limit without explanation are safe, I hate them, especially the ones which are travelling beneath the limit and then decelerate even further when they see a speed sign, they obviously are not driving with any care or attention to know that they are already travelling very slowly.

Or motorists who signal at the wrong time or signal and then just leave their signal flashing for miles afterwards, including passing a number of turns that they could have been indicating for but were not.

Maybe its drink or drugs, prescription medicated drivers IS a problem here, a lot of people on disability are given mobility cars, as are the very elderly driving, some of whom got licences before any kind of driving test or qualification for driving was mandated by the authorities. However, a lot of the time I think its a problem with people driving stupid, there's no cure for stupid. Like I'm willing to bet that none of the people involved in near misses with me today are liable to give it a second thought, to go home and think to themselves, shit, I nearly wrote off the car today, shit someone could have been killed or seriously injured, I'm going to take more care in future. At the very most they are going to think I'm on lucky son of a bitch, so long as my luck holds I'm good.

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

I am not prone to confessions.

MBTI
    eSTP

What I'm talking about are people who over take on the brow of a hill, on a bend, when they have obstructed views, perhaps from three or two cars back in a que of traffic, stuff like that, the sorts of people who honestly believe that others will "keep them right" by breaking, swerving out of their way, whatever.

People who dont decelerate for any reason what so ever, like pedestrians in the road or a cyclist in the road or even a parked car at the edge of the road, they just swerve out and expect to be fine, the could wreck themselves, wreck on coming traffic, kill the pedestrians.

I equally dont think that people driving ten or twenty miles beneath the limit without explanation are safe, I hate them, especially the ones which are travelling beneath the limit and then decelerate even further when they see a speed sign, they obviously are not driving with any care or attention to know that they are already travelling very slowly.

Or motorists who signal at the wrong time or signal and then just leave their signal flashing for miles afterwards, including passing a number of turns that they could have been indicating for but were not.

Maybe its drink or drugs, prescription medicated drivers IS a problem here, a lot of people on disability are given mobility cars, as are the very elderly driving, some of whom got licences before any kind of driving test or qualification for driving was mandated by the authorities. However, a lot of the time I think its a problem with people driving stupid, there's no cure for stupid. Like I'm willing to bet that none of the people involved in near misses with me today are liable to give it a second thought, to go home and think to themselves, shit, I nearly wrote off the car today, shit someone could have been killed or seriously injured, I'm going to take more care in future. At the very most they are going to think I'm on lucky son of a bitch, so long as my luck holds I'm good.
    I don't do that stuff. I have slowed down now, really just don't want a ticket at this point. Only real reason. I got stared down by a cop the other day that was behind me at a light. Light turned green with a left turn signal and I hauled ass through the left turn in a little Mazda 3 which handles pretty good.all he could do was pull up and give me a look though, i stayed in my inside lane, didn't chirp tires, didn't speed, just pushed everything right under the physical limits.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I've been committing the crime of taking myself too seriously for much of my life.

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

confession: I'm listening to this right now while my peer group gets drunk partying I am here in my room chilling with my bro onlinez and listening to this.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Chrysanthe, chickpea liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

"i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I can actually see me own reflection just fine. I crafted a very elaborate Halloween costume in first grade, but nobody cared. I think I'm really more of a werewolf. It's a good thing the moon isn't full anymore.