User Tag List

Page 17 of 348 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 3474

Thread: Confessions

  1. #161
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,701

    Default

    I'm scared of two wheel vehicles. And terrified that someone's picking me up on her scooter saturday--I'm probably gonna die. So if I don't return you'll know why
    by @magpie

  2. #162
    Emperor/Dictator Array kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,501

    Default

    I thought there was a monster in my hallway the other day. Seriously, I was scared there was a monster in the hallway. My boyfriend says, "Kyuuei, How Old are you again?!" ... It really was there for a second...

    .. I'm scared of the dark sometimes. Random times. Most of the time I'm fine with it. I frequently miss running on the forest trails that I go on in the daylight alllll the time because I'm nervous in the dark. (Except if the dark has lots of moonlight. Then its okay magically. Street lights are creepy though, and don't count.)

    I'm scared of being weak.. because I'm scared no one will help me if I accept that I can be weak sometimes..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  3. #163
    Mamma said knock you out Array Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    It's okay. You're eventually going to find someone who chooses you as hard as you choose them.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

  4. #164
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I thought there was a monster in my hallway the other day. Seriously, I was scared there was a monster in the hallway. My boyfriend says, "Kyuuei, How Old are you again?!" ... It really was there for a second...

    .. I'm scared of the dark sometimes. Random times. Most of the time I'm fine with it. I frequently miss running on the forest trails that I go on in the daylight alllll the time because I'm nervous in the dark. (Except if the dark has lots of moonlight. Then its okay magically. Street lights are creepy though, and don't count.).
    Dude. The dark is totally dangerous. I turn on every light before i enter a room at night, even if i feel comfortable in the house, I'm just kind of afraid of what i might see there (monster, zombie, ghost, axe wielding homicidal maniac, etc etc etc).

    In my old house it had stairs up to my bedroom and one of the lights blew and was too high for me to replace, so when i was methodically turning off all the lights as i was going unto bed, i would literally RUN up the stairs and not stop till i was in the middle of my bed.

    Your moonlight rule also applies.



    Here's a story from just the other night to make you feel better.

    The place i live in now has a really large back yard and we have to park the car out the back, trees have grown over the area and it is quite dark even in the daytime, what makes it awful though is there is this little shed that has no door and magically takes on sinister properties at night. I refuse to go back there in the dark.

    The other night I was parking the car at twilight and decided that the shed was looking a little creepy so i should do a fast walk/semi run past it, what i didn't notice was a chair i had back there which had been used to prune branches of one of the trees and in my haste to get past the shed i ran into.

    As i was tripping over the chair - HARD and falling down onto the ground, i not only scraped both knees on fallen sticks and leaf litter, but i got a cramp in my calf as well, so I'm lying on the ground trying to get this cramp out and not scream in pain when i realise IM TOTALLY FACING THE OPEN SHED DOOR THINGIE AND I CAN'T FUCKING MOVE.

    I finally got up, hobbled into the house, and let my inner ten year old say "i fell down and hurt myself :c" holding out both hands and looking very sorry for myself.

    As i recounted the story, everyone laughed at me. Bastards.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  5. #165
    Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    I still go to sleep with my reading lamp on most nights. I'm fine with darkness all other times, unless it's night and I'm walking past the open door of a dark room. Then I'm very conscious that something could conceivably reach out of there and pull me in when my back is to it, and have to resist the urge to walk faster. I resist the urge, but I still have it. Batman wouldn't have it.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Past events still affect me deeply emotionally speaking, and I absolutely hate it. I wish I could forget things easily, but my vivid memories aren't helping me at all.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Array ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    7,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    I helped plan my own 'surprise' birthday party. Not because I'm pompous or anything, but because I hate surprises.
    I've sort of done this too. Why do people not believe when you say you hate surprises? Not dislike. Not "I could live without that". Hate.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  8. #168
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    40,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Here's a story from just the other night to make you feel better.

    The place i live in now has a really large back yard and we have to park the car out the back, trees have grown over the area and it is quite dark even in the daytime, what makes it awful though is there is this little shed that has no door and magically takes on sinister properties at night. I refuse to go back there in the dark.

    The other night I was parking the car at twilight and decided that the shed was looking a little creepy so i should do a fast walk/semi run past it, what i didn't notice was a chair i had back there which had been used to prune branches of one of the trees and in my haste to get past the shed i ran into.

    As i was tripping over the chair - HARD and falling down onto the ground, i not only scraped both knees on fallen sticks and leaf litter, but i got a cramp in my calf as well, so I'm lying on the ground trying to get this cramp out and not scream in pain when i realise IM TOTALLY FACING THE OPEN SHED DOOR THINGIE AND I CAN'T FUCKING MOVE.

    I finally got up, hobbled into the house, and let my inner ten year old say "i fell down and hurt myself :c" holding out both hands and looking very sorry for myself.

    As i recounted the story, everyone laughed at me. Bastards.
    I think I saw that in a movie once, ya know? But with a different ending?

    My biggest "scary stupid story" like that from my childhood is how I hated going upstairs to the bathroom at night, especially because I was supposed to turn the light off (rather than leaving it on) after I was done but the lightswitch was at the bottom of the steps. (The house was built in 1790 and was not entirely updated.) The upstairs was creepy, dark, and the attic door was right outside the bathroom, and when it was windy, you could hear things banging around up there.

    So I left the bathroom in the dark, got scared, tried to run down the steps, tripped, did two tumbles (head over heels) to the bottom (around a bend), ended up on my feet somehow, and calmly walked around the corner into the TV room and pretended nothing at all had happened even though my head hurt really bad from smacking it on the steps somewhere.

    I might have been yelled at for "running down the steps," I don't remember anymore. The monster at the top of the stairs is still laughing at me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #169
    Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I thought there was a monster in my hallway the other day. Seriously, I was scared there was a monster in the hallway. My boyfriend says, "Kyuuei, How Old are you again?!" ... It really was there for a second...

    .. I'm scared of the dark sometimes. Random times. Most of the time I'm fine with it. I frequently miss running on the forest trails that I go on in the daylight alllll the time because I'm nervous in the dark. (Except if the dark has lots of moonlight. Then its okay magically. Street lights are creepy though, and don't count.)

    I'm scared of being weak.. because I'm scared no one will help me if I accept that I can be weak sometimes..
    That quote I bolded, right there, is exactly how I now feel about the darkness as well.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  10. #170
    Warflower Array Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think I saw that in a movie once, ya know? But with a different ending?

    My biggest "scary stupid story" like that from my childhood is how I hated going upstairs to the bathroom at night, especially because I was supposed to turn the light off (rather than leaving it on) after I was done but the lightswitch was at the bottom of the steps. (The house was built in 1790 and was not entirely updated.) The upstairs was creepy, dark, and the attic door was right outside the bathroom, and when it was windy, you could hear things banging around up there.

    So I left the bathroom in the dark, got scared, tried to run down the steps, tripped, did two tumbles (head over heels) to the bottom (around a bend), ended up on my feet somehow, and calmly walked around the corner into the TV room and pretended nothing at all had happened even though my head hurt really bad from smacking it on the steps somewhere.

    I might have been yelled at for "running down the steps," I don't remember anymore. The monster at the top of the stairs is still laughing at me.
    Ohmygod. I understand this so well. I grew up in a really old house in the country that didn't have an inside toilet. The toilet was outside maybe ten meters from the front door, which as an adult doesn't seem that far, but as a kid is a pretty big amount. Also, the light switch was inside the toilet itself, so not only did i have to run there in the dark (with no neighbour's houses near by, only open fields and vineyards), but then had to open the scary door to turn the light on, and then turn it off before sprinting back to the house.

    One time, in a sprint back to the house mission, i clipped my shoulder against one of the verandah (porch) poles and sent myself skidding into the back of the air-conditioning unit face first. I then had to try and pick myself up and re-enter the house with some dignity, i believe i was also yelled at for making so much noise.

    The toilet monster was totally laughing at me. They're bastards those monsters.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


Similar Threads

  1. Confessions - Guilty Pleasures
    By Oberon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 03:14 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
  3. Confessions
    By Thursday in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM
  4. Confessions
    By Zangetshumody in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
  5. [NT] NT Confessions
    By Neobick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 05:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO