Page 15 of 346 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    @EJCC --
    Ene and I would mind-meld and use psionic tractor beams and force fields on people: kind of like Magneto but with everyday objects and (more ominously) people's *minds*. You would be our bodyguard during the vulnerable period while Ene's and my minds were fusing...
    Got any ideas or volunteers from other posters as to who'd make a good 4th member?
    Best I could do on little warning...
    I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Loaded or empty? IIRC, the maximum load allowed is 286,000lbs.
    I had to do some weight comparisons online, to get a good picture of what 286,000 lbs actually looks like. Apparently a fully packed Boeing 757 weighs about that much -- in which case, no, I wouldn't want to be THAT strong. Maybe half of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I think our fourth member needs to be another male, for balancing sake, maybe he could have sort temporal displacement ability so that time slowed down around him but allowed him to keep moving at a normal pace. Just think of the possibilities. Hey, I have an idea! EJCC
    You should pick our fourth member and his powers.
    Tough one, b/c all the great potential superheroes I can think of atm are female. @Jennifer came to mind right away -- as long as she had the right kind of power, otherwise never mind.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I dig it.

I had to do some weight comparisons online, to get a good picture of what 286,000 lbs actually looks like. Apparently a fully packed Boeing 757 weighs about that much -- in which case, no, I wouldn't want to be THAT strong. Maybe half of that.

Tough one, b/c all the great potential superheroes I can think of atm are female. @Jennifer came to mind right away -- as long as she had the right kind of power, otherwise never mind.
    Maybe if she had the power of irresistible seduction and feline-like reflexes with heightened senses of smell, hearing and enhanced night vision? I can already devise 100s of scenarios where we could really use that kind of a power on our team. Of course it would only work on men and @grey_beard would wear a cranial inhibitor that rendered it useless on him, but would have no effect on his telepathy.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

My superpower(s) is that I can have whatever superpowers are needed in a given situation, limited only by common sense and one's concept of fair play and good storytelling.

Plus I am the only person here who transcends the male-female bridge, so gender quotas mean nothing to me.

Plus...

*RAWR*

Wait... what the... how did I... what is that... zipper, WHERE... spine isn't cracking?... they're glued on...?? body by pervo horny geekboys... what on earth...impossible according to the laws of physics and human anatomy???!

EDIT: This might be more realistic.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Maybe if she had the power of irresistible seduction and feline-like reflexes with heightened senses of smell, hearing and enhanced night vision? I can already devise 100s of scenarios where we could really use that kind of a power on our team. Of course it would only work on men and @grey_beard would wear a cranial inhibitor that rendered it useless on him, but would have no effect on his telepathy.
    @EJCC, @Ene, @Jennifer,

I don't need a cranial inhibitor to resist seduction; I'm a 5w4 INTJ.

I approve of the choice. According to Robert's Rules of Order, this must be seconded...

Carry on.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Double post. Apparently my psionic field needs adjustment.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My superpower(s) is that I can have whatever superpowers are needed in a given situation, limited only by common sense and one's concept of fair play and good storytelling.
    Your superpower may need a DM (GM?) to help judge the situation's "fair play". Unless this is going to end up like pretend games when I was a kid: "You can't have that power! It's cooler than mine!!! Take it back!!!!"
    Plus I am the only person here who transcends the male-female bridge, so gender quotas mean nothing to me.
    I can here the battle cry now: "GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!"
    Plus...

*RAWR*

Wait... what the... how did I... what is that... zipper, WHERE... spine isn't cracking?... they're glued on...?? body by pervo horny geekboys... what on earth...impossible according to the laws of physics and human anatomy???!
    Maybe THAT'S your superpower!

Or this, to go with your impossible back-arching:

(from this comic, for those who haven't seen it)
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I've decided I'm probably an extrovert, because I'm beginning to realize that though I don't talk a lot when I go out with people I like or even semi like I come back hyper
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Plus...

*RAWR*

@Jennifer, @EJCC, @Ene --

Couple o' questions, please.

1) I'm a darned n00b. Is this an inside joke about you transcending the male-female bridge? Because your catwomansexy.jpg sure looks totally, like, female and all to me. And *I'm* a professional *man* for a living. Been one all my life.

2) I think it'd be cheating to allow you to have unlimited superpowers. Let's settle for two:
    a) your ability to squeeze those anatomically impossible hooters into that skin-tight costume (hat tip to humor columnist Dave Barry)
    b) one other of your choice --maybe the whole cat-like seduction and feline reflexes and smell and sight.

Oh, just noticed, call this a postscript. That whole Catwoman personal meshes rather well with my avatar, or, even better, with the photo on my
    profile page, don't you think?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    1) I'm a darned n00b. Is this an inside joke about you transcending the male-female bridge? Because your catwomansexy.jpg sure looks totally, like, female and all to me. And *I'm* a professional *man* for a living. Been one all my life.
    Yes.

2) I think it'd be cheating to allow you to have unlimited superpowers. Let's settle for two:
    a) your ability to squeeze those anatomically impossible hooters into that skin-tight costume (hat tip to humor columnist Dave Barry)
    b) one other of your choice --maybe the whole cat-like seduction and feline reflexes and smell and sight.
    Have you ever tried turning cartwheels in mid-air while having large balloons full of pudding strapped to your chest?

Oh. Wait. It must be my mutant powerz at work.

Oh, just noticed, call this a postscript. That whole Catwoman personal meshes rather well with my avatar, or, even better, with the photo on my profile page, don't you think?
    A professional man INTJ with cat pics on his profile page. Well, I've never...! *rawr*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8

Yes.

Have you ever tried turning cartwheels in mid-air while having large balloons full of pudding strapped to your chest?

Oh. Wait. It must be my mutant powerz at work.

A professional man INTJ with cat pics on his profile page. Well, I've never...! *rawr*
    How about a shape shifter then you could literally transcend the barrier? Every super hero team really needs a shape shifter.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14