User Tag List

Page 130 of 347 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3461

Thread: Confessions

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I sometimes don't completely agree with myself, but i pretend to so no one will know but then sometimes i don't pretend to agree with myself. it's not important the important thing is i got rainbow sherbert and my life is complete, mostly.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    She's a witch!

Just kidding. I actually like some of Owl City's music.

*dodges flying chairs*
    When did it become cool to hate on poor Nickelback ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    @Chanaynay it's really depended on where I lived. I think a big part of why I initially decided to move to California is that I was very stuck at my moms house, she lived in a suburban/almost rural area with no public transportation. none of my friends lived close either, so I was totally dependent on getting rides from other people to do anything and I hated it. now I live in a city with good public transit so I can get most places I need to go, and my boyfriend and best friend both have cars now (neither did for a while) so if I really need to get someplace inaccessible I have someone to take me. but not being able to drive does limit me from having a certain level of independence where I can just drive wherever i feel like going. I've never really had it so I don't know what I'm missing, but I can only imagine it'd be nice. I have vague plans to learn someday but I don't really know when I feel like the longer I wait, the harder it gets.
    Yeah, I agree it can be circumstantial. Back in PA it was easier because my mom was constantly making drives up to Stanford anyway for my grandparents' treatments so I could just go along, but my social life kind of fell behind everyone else once they started driving going about doing things independently while I was kind of stuck in San Jose so it gradually got harder and harder. My senior skip day ended up just being me sitting around at home lol. My school life ended up become my outlet for my social life, and it still kind of is since I go to school in NYC where public transport is huge. I want to go back to California and have my sights set on UCLA for grad school, and if you want to get around in LA you need a car.

It's hard moving to Massachusetts after graduating high school because in addition to all my old close friends being on the opposite end of the country, them coming to visit isn't a great idea since I don't have a car and can't take em around places on my own whereas I can take trips over there on my own and be fine. I have friends in the state and all around the east coast but I don't have that trust with most of them where I could have them drive down and then have me ask them to drive everywhere. I did that once recently though with my family friends' neighbor because she's family friends with both of us at this point and it worked out well because I knew she wouldn't care.

And I won't even get into how this factors into finding a job and stuff. But you're so right that the longer you wait, the harder it gets. It's crazy how this skill is really necessary to just simply get by in life as a functioning adult. Not like biking where I could figure "oh, I'll just learn to drive in the future and be fine." Because now there's no higher road to go.

At least I'm a good swimmer.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    I think this is a generational thing. My father was born in '49, a baby boomer, and he too believed that parenting and discipling children is the mother's role. My friends, whose dads' are also baby boomers, comment on the same thing.

I don't know many guys with children but, the younger fathers who come into work with their children, seem as attentive and caring as the mother. It's really sweet to watch them and realise the effort they put in. It makes me appreciate feminism and the evolving gender roles even more.
    At a time I would have shared that view.

I dont anymore.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    I think this is a generational thing. My father was born in '49, a baby boomer, and he too believed that parenting and discipling children is the mother's role. My friends, whose dads' are also baby boomers, comment on the same thing.

I don't know many guys with children but, the younger fathers who come into work with their children, seem as attentive and caring as the mother. It's really sweet to watch them and realise the effort they put in. It makes me appreciate feminism and the evolving gender roles even more.
    my dad was born in '45 and appeared to have that same belief as your dad, i didn't realize that was a common mind set for that generation.
    by @magpie
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I like mispronouncing "Phuket".
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Osprey, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

fuck it?
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

You'd like the French word for a seal (as in the animal): phoque.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I value serendipity, gradual progression, natural exchange, mostly in part because it's the antithesis to my natural instincts and the tonic to the unnatural messes I end up with. They're beautiful in their own way, but I have a whole closet of them already.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    You'd like the French word for a seal (as in the animal): phoque.
    "Aww, look at that cute little phoque!"

You're right, I do like it.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Poki liked this post