User Tag List

Page 13 of 348 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about being labeled. How do you label somebody?? This doesn't make sense to me. Is it like this?

Yeah, this. Except there's usually not a Bran in a group of friends.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so you manipulated people? I don't mean that in a what's it called way.
    what's-it-called.. maybe "bad"? I guess?

Yeah, I think it's fair to call it manipulation. In more of a 'withholding the truth' sort of way. It was a flat-out lie, though, when people asked me if I was surprised and I said that I was.

edit: I'm usually pretty blunt, direct, and truthful--especially with those closest to me. For some reason, I thought it was more prudent to withhold the truth here. Probably because I'm not a fan of parties being held for me, but I'm a fan of parties; and using something like a birthday as an excuse to party; but people like doing things for people on their birthdays so whatever. In my mind, it was for everyone, not just for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i get overwhelmed and don't know where to start and then i do nothing and waste more time. this causes stress. which causes more shutting down and distraction.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    what's-it-called.. maybe "bad"? I guess?

Yeah, I think it's fair to call it manipulation. In more of a 'withholding the truth' sort of way.

It was a flat-out lie, though, when people asked me if I was surprised and I said that I was.
    bad works.

I do that, someone won't ask me something, and I know I should probably tell them, but I don't want to get in trouble, so I hold it in. or sometimes someone will ask if I'm doing something I'm suppose to be doing, and I'll straight up, say yes
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Really? Usually he's that integral guy that softens the group and keeps it regular.

People of moral fiber are hard to find.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Really? Usually he's that integral guy that softens the group and keeps it regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Both of these made me laugh.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i get overwhelmed and don't know where to start and then i do nothing and waste more time. this causes stress. which causes more shutting down and distraction.
    Yeah, I've got a few techniques for this. Just pick a small entry point, something easy, like if it's a document... setting up the margins, and pretending that's all that all I'm ever going to do, that can put my into the project, because while I'm in that space, I inhabit the space and it makes it easier to start in on.

Another is that I think about the 'next' thing I want to do, the thing that I am really excited about, and I think of this thing as a chore blocking me from what I want, and needs to be obliterated.

If it's a personal project, usually my lack of enthusiasm means that the end result isn't engaging enough to qualify it as a personal project, so it needs a rework, or to be shelved until I get a new perspective.

If I have multiple projects, I'll just switch to another. I do well on doing chores while I'm gleefully escaping another chore. Sometimes I can find a way to slip back into the original one.

The final 'no-avoiding it' solution is to recognize the pattern, expect I am going to waffle for the next couple of hours and just stress myself out. So I drop it and just go do something fun instead. During fun, my brain still attaches to the task and feels it out. This may not work for a 7.

I spend a lot of energy bluffing, double bluffing and otherwise manipulating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So great.

LadyLazarus

When I was 14 I got it into my head that I could totally pierce my own nose, and like with all of my other dumb ideas, it didn't stay an idea and now I have a small raised scar on the right side of my nose which I will have to pay to get painfully sanded down or something.

Why 14 year old me, WHY?!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @EJCC, @grey_beard I may have a drop of Ferengi blood in me because I'm seeing a huge profit possibility here. or we could put on spandex and leather and form a team.
    Lol that would be a weird team dynamic -- two cerebral Ni-doms working behind the scenes while I go Hulk on people. We need someone who can fly or something, to balance it out.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!