User Tag List

Page 129 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3459

Thread: Confessions

MBTI
    INTJ

I left my sister's early yesterday because I told her I had work the next day. Really, I just wanted to escape the chaos, shop, get myself some frozen yogurt while I waited for my train. It was worth it.
    Likes JocktheMotie liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    My ENTJ dad was the same way. The only attention he gave us was directed at my brothers and doing "guy things" with them. "I'm the dad, so I have to teach my sons woodworking and fishing. My daughters... can stay in the kitchen with their mother." To this day, my dad knows next to nothing about me, because he's never bothered to learn. Once, when he was talking about sailing, I told him that I liked nautical fiction, and he looked at me like I'd sprouted another head. Because girls aren't supposed to like tall wooden sailing ships.

Needless to say, I'm not convinced that fathers are all that essential.
    My ENTJ dad's attitude was that both me and my brother had to learn to do everything to a decent standard. That included sailing, but to give dad his due he could also knit to a passable standard. :-)
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I still don't have my license man. I could have been driving for the past 4 years but in those earlier years my life situation wouldn't allow that and recently I either opt out or my parents don't have the time to teach me. I'm getting annoyed even with myself because I know I'd have so much more freedom at home if I could drive places by myself. My parents keep telling me I should just do driving school, but 1) I had a weird experience with it out in California and 2) I'd rather learn from my parents. I'm considering raising the question "don't you guys want to say you've taught me at least ONE skill?" the next time they bring it up - I never learned to ride a bike because my dad was in the Navy and out to sea and my mom wasn't consistent in teaching me and I learned to swim by taking swimming lessons at the local public pool in Connecticut. Minus some recipes passed down from my mom and grandma, I basically taught myself how to cook. I dunno, my parents have definitely given me a lot of life lessons but I'd rather them pass down a skill to me this time because I feel like everything else I know how to do was either through a school/system or myself. And then they wonder why I'm so different from both of them haha (I'm not complaining though, I love them). Two Js raising an ENFP 7 must be a tough job.

Hmm @chickpea how have you been getting by the past 20 something years without a license? Also how has it affected your life? (good or bad doesn't matter)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's not that national politics bores me, it's that I don't really understand my influence in it. I've always seen myself as an outlier, and political changes happen in herd-like masses. The only change I can comprehend is in the personal level and the community level. I listen, I plan for stampedes. But otherwise, I like to avoid the spectacle.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

@Chanaynay it's really depended on where I lived. I think a big part of why I initially decided to move to California is that I was very stuck at my moms house, she lived in a suburban/almost rural area with no public transportation. none of my friends lived close either, so I was totally dependent on getting rides from other people to do anything and I hated it. now I live in a city with good public transit so I can get most places I need to go, and my boyfriend and best friend both have cars now (neither did for a while) so if I really need to get someplace inaccessible I have someone to take me. but not being able to drive does limit me from having a certain level of independence where I can just drive wherever i feel like going. I've never really had it so I don't know what I'm missing, but I can only imagine it'd be nice. I have vague plans to learn someday but I don't really know when I feel like the longer I wait, the harder it gets.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

mein, memeself, and MeMe Array meme duchess's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

It's difficult for me to admit but I actually enjoy listening to Nickelback.

*only interacts with other memes such as (me x2)-self (two negatives = a positive) who regularly use the font comic sans unironically*
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Duchess View Post
    It's difficult for me to admit but I actually enjoy listening to Nickelback.
    She's a witch!

Just kidding. I actually like some of Owl City's music.

*dodges flying chairs*
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes meme duchess, EJCC, Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Ugh, I felt a lot better about my little brother's lifestyle when he was in his polyandrous relationship.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't believe that good art can be created by happy people.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

God, that was the most annoying, interminable, drawn out phone call imaginable. It's a damn good thing I'm good at occlumency.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes N/A liked this post