Page 127 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3457

Thread: Confessions

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think my ISTJ dad probably would have been a good dad for me, except for the fact that he was under the impression that taking care of kids was the mother's department. This probably was a major cause of conflict with an INFP whose whole thing was rebelling against an upbringing that saw being an ISFJ as the ultimate model of womanhood, i.e., the virgin Mary.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think my ISTJ dad probably would have been a good dad for me, except for the fact that he was under the impression that taking care of kids was the mother's department.
    My ENTJ dad was the same way. The only attention he gave us was directed at my brothers and doing "guy things" with them. "I'm the dad, so I have to teach my sons woodworking and fishing. My daughters... can stay in the kitchen with their mother." To this day, my dad knows next to nothing about me, because he's never bothered to learn. Once, when he was talking about sailing, I told him that I liked nautical fiction, and he looked at me like I'd sprouted another head. Because girls aren't supposed to like tall wooden sailing ships.

Needless to say, I'm not convinced that fathers are all that essential.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    My ENTJ dad was the same way. The only attention he gave us was directed at my brothers and doing "guy things" with them. "I'm the dad, so I have to teach my sons woodworking and fishing. My daughters... can stay in the kitchen with their mother." To this day, my dad knows next to nothing about me, because he's never bothered to learn. Once, when he was talking about sailing, I told him that I liked nautical fiction, and he looked at me like I'd sprouted another head. Because girls aren't supposed to like tall wooden sailing ships.

I am sorry about that.

Its not an unpopular view.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

My dad was on the swim team and had a letterman jacket in high school. He never taught me to swim. I sort of learned through other places, but I'm not really a good swimmer.

My mom was the one that taught me how to ride a bike. My dad couldn't be bothered, but it probably would have helped him, I think.

I try not to wallow about it anymore. The past is the past, and it could have been much worse.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I get really anxious when things are too nice, too polished, too ideal, too good.

I think about this a lot. I agree in certain situations this is true.

MBTI
    :}

Sometimes I think that there is something really wrong with me.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Aw man, that sucks-- I'm sorry you were so dismissed. My Dad was seriously absent, but at least when he was there he encouraged me to be and do what I love (whatever it was). I think caring, loving, encouraging fathers are essential (just like mothers). I think across the board, everyone could do without the negative aspects of their parents, but it makes us who we are. My Mom put me more in the "girls do this" box than my Dad did, actually.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

i still don't understand the beaver joke.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

^^^
    i wonder if he's going to get banned for that, considering kullervo didn't for saying something similar about me.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    (post removed)
    MBTI: ISTP
    Last edited by BadOctopus; 08-10-2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: quoted content is inappropriate
    Likes Destiny liked this post