User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 279

  1. #121
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I don't know if the mods get paid, but either way, they are running the site and it is up to them to do what they want. That's a fact of life. I might not agree with every decision, and I can sit here and say "I would hve done this or that differently" for any organization starting with PerC and ending with a business run by my closest friends or family. I can look back on how I ran my own band and wish I did things differently. But until you DO IT, you don't know the various pressures involved. The fact is if they are running the site and not being paid, they probably have jobs and other oblications in their lives, and might not have time to sort through every detail. Or there might be decisions involved between mods that other people don't know about. It's true that it might look unfair on the outside, but a decision was made on the inside for a reason.

    How many of you have ever been a leader, in charge of anything, or in a position of power? When I was running my apartment or my band, there was a lot of responsibility on my shoulders that other people didn't understand. I felt no need to justify my decisions. An old roommate told me this story recently: Years ago, she was complaining about rent or electric bill, and she told me her complaints. I simply said, "If you don't like my rules, find your own apartment and set the rent however you choose." She told me that this made a tremendous impact on her and made her think about things differently, in her life in general.

    I was offering the best rent in the city. I paid out of pocket to build rooms in a loft - about ten grand - so yes, I charged more for the rooms after that, because then the expenses came out CLOSER to even, though still in their favor. It was the nicest rooms and the best deal in the city. Every time a roommate moved out, I had literally 200 emails within ONE HOUR on craigslist because of how good the deal was, and people offering me more money than I asked for, clamoring for the space. So I said to her, "Go ahead and start your own apartment." I knew how good my roommates had it. I was doing all this extra work for free. When someone moved out, I found new people. Everyone was using my furniture. I did most of the cleaning. I was collecting rent, taking care of all the landlord shit, fixing everything. Yeah, I paid less than they did. If they don't like it, they don't need to live there.

    For that reason - I am respectful of people who are in charge of things. I'm not saying I agree with every decision or I would never ask questions or share my 'two cents,' but unless you are willing to take the time to do a better job, why complain? You sign up for that site of your own volition, for free, and choose to spend your free time there. You have a problem with the mods? There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion respectfully, but with the knowledge that in the end, it's up to them. You don't like their decisions, still? Then spend your time building your own site, or ask them if you can become a mod so you can do things your way. Then see how you feel about things going on 'behind the scenes.' Or, you can just quit the site. No harm no foul.

    The people I complain about are generally other members. Again, I don't always agree with every decision by the mods, but I appreciate them putting the time in to run the site, and I recognize that I am there of my own volition. I also appreciate that I might not "agree" but I also don't have as much inside info as they do, and I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture. Having been a leader in my own life, I know I didn't have time to explain every factor to every person who disagreed with me. So I have respect, and if I decide I really can't stand the way something is run, and they don't respond to my inquiries and nothing changes, eventually I will leave the community. I am not trapped there, and I enjoy my time there very much - so I don't feel it's my place to complain about the people who work harder than I do, to keep the place going.
    I have been a leader, and in a position of power. I can attest to the truth of everything you have said. Bravo!!!

  2. #122
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I don't know if the mods get paid, but either way, they are running the site and it is up to them to do what they want. That's a fact of life. I might not agree with every decision, and I can sit here and say "I would hve done this or that differently" for any organization starting with PerC and ending with a business run by my closest friends or family. I can look back on how I ran my own band and wish I did things differently. But until you DO IT, you don't know the various pressures involved. The fact is if they are running the site and not being paid, they probably have jobs and other oblications in their lives, and might not have time to sort through every detail. Or there might be decisions involved between mods that other people don't know about. It's true that it might look unfair on the outside, but a decision was made on the inside for a reason.

    How many of you have ever been a leader, in charge of anything, or in a position of power? When I was running my apartment or my band, there was a lot of responsibility on my shoulders that other people didn't understand. I felt no need to justify my decisions. An old roommate told me this story recently: Years ago, she was complaining about rent or electric bill, and she told me her complaints. I simply said, "If you don't like my rules, find your own apartment and set the rent however you choose." She told me that this made a tremendous impact on her and made her think about things differently, in her life in general.

    I was offering the best rent in the city. I paid out of pocket to build rooms in a loft - about ten grand - so yes, I charged more for the rooms after that, because then the expenses came out CLOSER to even, though still in their favor. It was the nicest rooms and the best deal in the city. Every time a roommate moved out, I had literally 200 emails within ONE HOUR on craigslist because of how good the deal was, and people offering me more money than I asked for, clamoring for the space. So I said to her, "Go ahead and start your own apartment." I knew how good my roommates had it. I was doing all this extra work for free. When someone moved out, I found new people. Everyone was using my furniture. I did most of the cleaning. I was collecting rent, taking care of all the landlord shit, fixing everything. Yeah, I paid less than they did. If they don't like it, they don't need to live there.

    For that reason - I am respectful of people who are in charge of things. I'm not saying I agree with every decision or I would never ask questions or share my 'two cents,' but unless you are willing to take the time to do a better job, why complain? You sign up for that site of your own volition, for free, and choose to spend your free time there. You have a problem with the mods? There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion respectfully, but with the knowledge that in the end, it's up to them. You don't like their decisions, still? Then spend your time building your own site, or ask them if you can become a mod so you can do things your way. Then see how you feel about things going on 'behind the scenes.' Or, you can just quit the site. No harm no foul.

    The people I complain about are generally other members. Again, I don't always agree with every decision by the mods, but I appreciate them putting the time in to run the site, and I recognize that I am there of my own volition. I also appreciate that I might not "agree" but I also don't have as much inside info as they do, and I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture. Having been a leader in my own life, I know I didn't have time to explain every factor to every person who disagreed with me. So I have respect, and if I decide I really can't stand the way something is run, and they don't respond to my inquiries and nothing changes, eventually I will leave the community. I am not trapped there, and I enjoy my time there very much - so I don't feel it's my place to complain about the people who work harder than I do, to keep the place going.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #123
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I don't know if the mods get paid, but either way, they are running the site and it is up to them to do what they want. That's a fact of life. I might not agree with every decision, and I can sit here and say "I would hve done this or that differently" for any organization starting with PerC and ending with a business run by my closest friends or family. I can look back on how I ran my own band and wish I did things differently. But until you DO IT, you don't know the various pressures involved. The fact is if they are running the site and not being paid, they probably have jobs and other oblications in their lives, and might not have time to sort through every detail. Or there might be decisions involved between mods that other people don't know about. It's true that it might look unfair on the outside, but a decision was made on the inside for a reason.

    How many of you have ever been a leader, in charge of anything, or in a position of power? When I was running my apartment or my band, there was a lot of responsibility on my shoulders that other people didn't understand. I felt no need to justify my decisions. An old roommate told me this story recently: Years ago, she was complaining about rent or electric bill, and she told me her complaints. I simply said, "If you don't like my rules, find your own apartment and set the rent however you choose." She told me that this made a tremendous impact on her and made her think about things differently, in her life in general.

    I was offering the best rent in the city. I paid out of pocket to build rooms in a loft - about ten grand - so yes, I charged more for the rooms after that, because then the expenses came out CLOSER to even, though still in their favor. It was the nicest rooms and the best deal in the city. Every time a roommate moved out, I had literally 200 emails within ONE HOUR on craigslist because of how good the deal was, and people offering me more money than I asked for, clamoring for the space. So I said to her, "Go ahead and start your own apartment." I knew how good my roommates had it. I was doing all this extra work for free. When someone moved out, I found new people. Everyone was using my furniture. I did most of the cleaning. I was collecting rent, taking care of all the landlord shit, fixing everything. Yeah, I paid less than they did. If they don't like it, they don't need to live there.

    For that reason - I am respectful of people who are in charge of things. I'm not saying I agree with every decision or I would never ask questions or share my 'two cents,' but unless you are willing to take the time to do a better job, why complain? You sign up for that site of your own volition, for free, and choose to spend your free time there. You have a problem with the mods? There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion respectfully, but with the knowledge that in the end, it's up to them. You don't like their decisions, still? Then spend your time building your own site, or ask them if you can become a mod so you can do things your way. Then see how you feel about things going on 'behind the scenes.' Or, you can just quit the site. No harm no foul.

    The people I complain about are generally other members. Again, I don't always agree with every decision by the mods, but I appreciate them putting the time in to run the site, and I recognize that I am there of my own volition. I also appreciate that I might not "agree" but I also don't have as much inside info as they do, and I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture. Having been a leader in my own life, I know I didn't have time to explain every factor to every person who disagreed with me. So I have respect, and if I decide I really can't stand the way something is run, and they don't respond to my inquiries and nothing changes, eventually I will leave the community. I am not trapped there, and I enjoy my time there very much - so I don't feel it's my place to complain about the people who work harder than I do, to keep the place going.
    I'll never know what it's like to moderate a forum, so I don't pretend to know what they have to deal with.

    But I agree, taking the time out of your day to moderate an online community means you have no accountability to its members.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  4. #124
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This is very true. Precious few EVER come back after being perma banned on that site. In fact, they barely even let you present an argument on your part what-so-ever. I asked for a reply back when I (a super member with 5000+ posts) was banned. However, when you are banned, you're just banned and that's it, you're fucked. There is no counter-argument at all, even if you are a VIP, or super member. The only way Swordsman of Mana got back was that he got lucky and found Treebob on vent and made up with him. Hell, I have a friend named McGooglian that got banned just because he was flirting with Promethea and he stopped flirting with him. They ban you for whatever they want down there. It's not justice, it's a popularity contest for God's sakes!
    That's weird. I thought you got banned for creeping with uncomfortable sex comments online, since I was around at the time.

    But they could keep better records. I only see the one infraction from Stephen about the crass comment you made about ESFP women and peanut butter.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #125
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I'll never know what it's like to moderate a forum, so I don't pretend to know what they have to deal with.

    But I agree, taking the time out of your day to moderate an online community means you have no accountability to its members.
    Come on now, Animal is the fairest adjudicator you'll find. That's not what she was saying at all . . .

  6. #126
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    Come on now, Animal is the fairest adjudicator you'll find. That's not what she was saying at all . . .
    Weird, I could have sworn that's exactly what she was saying.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  7. #127
    Junior Member midnight rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    28

    Default

    In the words of the prophet bart Simpson, Eye kuRumba!

    It really seems like a lot of posters on per c get banned out of nowhere. It was interesting to see how many would get the ban for no reason at all. Anyway I'm just gonna stay quiet about the mods there, I find if you can't say anything nice than don't say anything at all.
    Hello officer, we just had a doozy of a day.

  8. #128
    Junior Member Mindsabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Yup, yup.

    Needless to say... I have no regrets.

  9. #129
    Junior Member Mindsabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Anyways for those that may be cross-looking from personality cafe those who wonder who I am... I'm Kysinor from PersonalityCafe. I've been a member over there for about 4-5 years but I did not post much. I have contempt for some people and sometimes I get in conflict with them and I have nothing for apologizing for who I am. Still not much of a big deal for getting permabanned from personalitycafe... I will not bother them no more if they do not like my genuine self... even if possible rules may conflict by such self. Needless to say I do not believe I'm a genuine troll but to be fair I can be hostile sometimes... if you know what I mean.

  10. #130
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindsabre View Post
    Anyways for those that may be cross-looking from personality cafe those who wonder who I am... I'm Kysinor from PersonalityCafe. I've been a member over there for about 4-5 years but I did not post much. I have contempt for some people and sometimes I get in conflict with them and I have nothing for apologizing for who I am. Still not much of a big deal for getting permabanned from personalitycafe... I will not bother them no more if they do not like my genuine self... even if possible rules may conflict by such self. Needless to say I do not believe I'm a genuine troll but to be fair I can be hostile sometimes... if you know what I mean.
    Hi there -- I recall your name (Kysinor) but not much of your posting style... just enough to recognize I used to see you there. Welcome.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey
    By Nonpareil in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
  2. Typology Central: The Movie
    By Patches in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 09:52 PM
  3. the personality cafe questionnaire
    By bluestripes in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 04:03 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO