User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    NiFe
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Was it always owned by a company or was it sold a couple years back? That's kind of an ingenious business plan.
    [ 4(69) "The Seeker"; IEI-2Ni (INFp) ]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by atlascatcher View Post
    Was it always owned by a company or was it sold a couple years back? That's kind of an ingenious business plan.
    It was sold a couple years ago.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    There is advertisement software built in. As to why we are owned by a company, we have a very large amount of traffic.
    ... I just started seeing a new advertisement banner at the very top of the page, with text links (in addition to the normal banner ad under the menu bar). I guess they installed that recently?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... I just started seeing a new advertisement banner at the very top of the page, with text links (in addition to the normal banner ad under the menu bar). I guess they installed that recently?
    Yeah it is a new company. As far as I can tell it isn't working. When I click one of the advertisement links it goes to a blank page.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    thats exactly how i feel about the enfps there!! they're like i'm so cute and random and weird man...it's all such the performance. i can't take it.
    That's the ENFP's everywhere and in almost every forum that I've ever been to. Actually I think most ENFP's with strong Te there, get mistyped as NTJ's of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i'm horribly bothered by the term butthurt.
    lol, I have a theory as to why this is, but I won't say it online.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    They banned the shit out of me. Hi everyone, my name's johnnyyukon, used to be known as digitalbum. I had around 820 posts, 450 "thanks."

I still don't know why. treebob said I was trolling, but wouldn't give me any examples. I got PERMA banned for the last image, but it was fucking worth it.

I was just looking on PerC today as a non-member and noticed an ENTIRE thread where everyone had been banned, lol. Some of them "SuperMembers" which I think is 1,000 posts. Some serious weirdo moderators. I would say dicks, but I think they're missing some brain chemicals or something.

I like to go out with a BANG.

Oh, and the person that "thanked" me before the moderators kicked me off was a U.S. Soldier.
    They ban you out of nowhere too. They generally don't even give you a warning that you are going to be banned either. It's almost like a Game of Thrones episode down there: you're favorite characters just get taken out when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    TreeBob is a friendly enough guy, how could you piss off the world's chillest tree?!?
    I didn't piss him off, but instead pissed off Promethea.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

That is your experience.
    I was about to say the same thing.

Is elfboy Swordsman of Mana? Cuz he ain't banned.
    He was, but then Treebob decided to unban him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm noticing a pattern. ENTPs get banned from PerC, and sperg here about it.
    ENTP's get banned from everywhere. No one likes our sick sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    We typically ban people temporarily, but around 6 out of 10 times the people come back with new accounts. Why people can't just accept their vacation I will never know.
    I highly doubt that. From what I have seen, you just ban people out of nowhere. In fact, that's what happened to me. In fact, I had only had one infraction in that entire year, and had that one like two months before I got banned. Then Prom permabanned me for a damn signature? WTF man?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

See the problem with that is, if you're on PerC, NO, you DON'T get to bitch OR present your side. You literally get banned for adding one shred of criticism.

Mr. Bob can say what's on his mind, I don't care, but so can I.
    This is very true. Precious few EVER come back after being perma banned on that site. In fact, they barely even let you present an argument on your part what-so-ever. I asked for a reply back when I (a super member with 5000+ posts) was banned. However, when you are banned, you're just banned and that's it, you're fucked. There is no counter-argument at all, even if you are a VIP, or super member. The only way Swordsman of Mana got back was that he got lucky and found Treebob on vent and made up with him. Hell, I have a friend named McGooglian that got banned just because he was flirting with Promethea and he stopped flirting with him. They ban you for whatever they want down there. It's not justice, it's a popularity contest for God's sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And you're what, trying to be a hypocrite on purpose? Doing to him what he supposedly did to you aint going to help your case, really.
    So sure, you have a free forum to air your grievances. But he gets the same rights. And you get to both be civil about it. That's how it works here, sorry.

Hell, you never know, ranting at each other *might* just get you guys to bond....one could only hope

I'd watch that show.
    Fine. He has the right to express his opinion as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I asked for a reply back when I (a super member with 5000+ posts) was banned. However, when you are banned, you're just banned and that's it, you're fucked. There is no counter-argument at all, even if you are a VIP, or super member.
    Yeah, you'd think that being a Super Member (that's some fucking investment time) would make you like an Italian "made man" or something. But nope. It's like, "Thanks for your thousands of hours of contributions! now please fuck off and die."

I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Mods with chips on their shoulders, abusing their powers. Other weird shit. Banning for personal reasons. The fact that it's more of a business than a community. Who the hell knows. Even if I had done my "time" and takin' the temp ban, after coming back, I would have had to watch everything I say, be super careful not to offend anyone, make sure to kiss the mods' asses (I hadn't even mentioned the mods or criticized the site before my temp-ban). Basically be someone I'm not. Fuk dat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    ENTP's get banned from everywhere. No one likes our sick sense of humor.
    Yup. That's why it's too bad there isn't an all ENTP forum that's big (there's ENTP.org, which I like, just not a lot of members). I mostly hung out at the ENTP playground at PerC anyway, it wasn't until some whiny babies from other types came over and starting acting like 8 year old tattle tells, "That's mean, and wrong, and why aren't you listening to my 10 page illogical rants?? Pay attention to me!! Mommmy! I'm telling!! Whahhhhhh!!!"

Freaking weenies.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I don't know if the mods get paid, but either way, they are running the site and it is up to them to do what they want. That's a fact of life. I might not agree with every decision, and I can sit here and say "I would hve done this or that differently" for any organization starting with PerC and ending with a business run by my closest friends or family. I can look back on how I ran my own band and wish I did things differently. But until you DO IT, you don't know the various pressures involved. The fact is if they are running the site and not being paid, they probably have jobs and other oblications in their lives, and might not have time to sort through every detail. Or there might be decisions involved between mods that other people don't know about. It's true that it might look unfair on the outside, but a decision was made on the inside for a reason.

How many of you have ever been a leader, in charge of anything, or in a position of power? When I was running my apartment or my band, there was a lot of responsibility on my shoulders that other people didn't understand. I felt no need to justify my decisions. An old roommate told me this story recently: Years ago, she was complaining about rent or electric bill, and she told me her complaints. I simply said, "If you don't like my rules, find your own apartment and set the rent however you choose." She told me that this made a tremendous impact on her and made her think about things differently, in her life in general.

I was offering the best rent in the city. I paid out of pocket to build rooms in a loft - about ten grand - so yes, I charged more for the rooms after that, because then the expenses came out CLOSER to even, though still in their favor. It was the nicest rooms and the best deal in the city. Every time a roommate moved out, I had literally 200 emails within ONE HOUR on craigslist because of how good the deal was, and people offering me more money than I asked for, clamoring for the space. So I said to her, "Go ahead and start your own apartment." I knew how good my roommates had it. I was doing all this extra work for free. When someone moved out, I found new people. Everyone was using my furniture. I did most of the cleaning. I was collecting rent, taking care of all the landlord shit, fixing everything. Yeah, I paid less than they did. If they don't like it, they don't need to live there.

For that reason - I am respectful of people who are in charge of things. I'm not saying I agree with every decision or I would never ask questions or share my 'two cents,' but unless you are willing to take the time to do a better job, why complain? You sign up for that site of your own volition, for free, and choose to spend your free time there. You have a problem with the mods? There's nothing wrong with sharing your opinion respectfully, but with the knowledge that in the end, it's up to them. You don't like their decisions, still? Then spend your time building your own site, or ask them if you can become a mod so you can do things your way. Then see how you feel about things going on 'behind the scenes.' Or, you can just quit the site. No harm no foul.

The people I complain about are generally other members. Again, I don't always agree with every decision by the mods, but I appreciate them putting the time in to run the site, and I recognize that I am there of my own volition. I also appreciate that I might not "agree" but I also don't have as much inside info as they do, and I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture. Having been a leader in my own life, I know I didn't have time to explain every factor to every person who disagreed with me. So I have respect, and if I decide I really can't stand the way something is run, and they don't respond to my inquiries and nothing changes, eventually I will leave the community. I am not trapped there, and I enjoy my time there very much - so I don't feel it's my place to complain about the people who work harder than I do, to keep the place going.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se