User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Da, ya byl v peterburge schest' goda nazad, s drugom. Ochen' krasivoi gorod, zdes' videl kontserta mumiy troll, velikalepnoe!

Rusty grammar, but you get the jist, no?

gospodinu mne zovut, a ne tovarisch

Yes but I have trouble reading Russian phonetically in the Latin alphabet. I've been to Petersburg too, several years ago.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah me too Peguy, I prefer to use Cyrillic, but no can do on this shitty laptop I'm afraid. I'd have to do it in Word symbol by symbol. I use a keyboard overlay on the desktop but it's in my kids' room and she's asleep lol

this song always gets me a lump in the throat missing Petersburg. Not that great a song, just it was on all the time back then and y'know, nostalgia etc.

eto vse chto voz'mu ya saboy...

edit this one too, and the movie Ostrov Sokrovisch

vygulival tvoyu glupuyu, glupuyu sobachku!

I love that lyric!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Hrrm. Maybe in the next couple of days someone will see it. It'd be cool to have another person that speaks Japanese here.
    There was an INTP back on INTPc who was in-country, working her way towards the JLPT Level 1.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    There was an INTP back on INTPc who was in-country, working her way towards the JLPT Level 1.
    no way! wonder if she'll ever come around. i passed JLPT level 2 about two years ago. need to start on level 1 soon.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

no way! wonder if she'll ever come around. i passed JLPT level 2 about two years ago. need to start on level 1 soon.
    She was good at what she did, though apparently her accent sounded like a Yakuza's.

Do some sleuthing on the site and send a PM; shouldn't be too difficult to find.

MBTI
    INFJ

Just curious.
    いる

MBTI
    ESTJ

Before I send this to my 12 year old daughter to translate, I wanted to check to make sure it was age appropriate. If she doesn't know she might send it on to a friend whose parent might then be called in.

She spent six years learning Japanese at an immersion school in Portland, Oregon. Who knows how much she retained.

I don't speak Japanese, but I really miss hearing the language. I spent two weeks in Japan last summer. I loved the people, the culture and the country.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aaakiii View Post
    いる
    おぉ、やっぱりいた。よろしくね、どちらのかたですか?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by hiddengem View Post
    Before I send this to my 12 year old daughter to translate, I wanted to check to make sure it was age appropriate. If she doesn't know she might send it on to a friend whose parent might then be called in.

She spent six years learning Japanese at an immersion school in Portland, Oregon. Who knows how much she retained.

I don't speak Japanese, but I really miss hearing the language. I spent two weeks in Japan last summer. I loved the people, the culture and the country.
    Ah, cool deal. Yea, it's ok. Nothing inappropriate to worry about.

MBTI
    GONE

If you don't spring the kanji on me we might be able to hang.
    I'm very rusty though.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari