123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Default Kids being hilariously true to type

I'll start:

Preschool/kindergarten ESTJ (me):
    • Pushed a kid down a slide, to the horror of all the parents on the playground. When angrily asked "WHY", calmly replied "They were taking too long, and I wanted to go."
    • Walked up to a complete stranger who was holding a cigarette and yelled "NO SMOKING."

Kindergarten INTJ (friend of mine in college):
    • Literally cried from boredom at "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood".

Preschool INFP (friend of mine in middle school):
    • Introduced self to other kids by declaring "I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees."
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Me in kindergarten getting my classmates to wage wars against each other in the schoolyard for my enjoyment.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Somewhere I have a picture of my INTJ when she was, like, four years old. Rolling her eyes. It's amazing they did not get stuck in that position.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Toddler ENFP (me):
    - standing up on a pew and singing The Beatles' Shake It A-Baby in church because i liked that song better than what everyone else was singing.

- in tumbling class taking *forever* to somersault across a mat, taking long breaks to just lay there between each tumble, oblivious to the backup of toddlers behind me.

- singing to my new baby sister and each and every one of the stuffed animals in her crib so nobody would feel left out.

- talking WAY before i could walk.

- going to the front of the stage and saying, "is everybody having fun yet?" during my preschool recital.

Young ISFJ (sister):
    - always playing mom/teacher when we played together, even though she was younger.

- crying when anyone broke the rules.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    • Pushed a kid down a slide, to the horror of all the parents on the playground. When angrily asked "WHY", calmly replied "They were taking too long, and I wanted to go."
    This one is the greatest.

Hmm, for me it'd be playing new pretend games every day. Especially with my family friends. One I clearly remember was one called "Cyber Wars" and basically all you did was make up a character for yourself and then you'd pretend to fight with everyone there, coming up with new moves and techniques, until you died. But we were kids so no one ever died, so it just ended when either I ended up hitting someone too hard or when I got bored. I had a lot of unintentional influence over the group even though I didn't really order people around at all. I just didn't fly under the radar at all. I remember I was always the one thinking of things for us to do, the older ISTJ brother was the one making sure everything was running smoothly and the rules were clearly established and everything was in control, the INFJ middle brother kept trying to have a really inflated and important role in whatever we did, and the younger ESFP sister didn't really take things as seriously and went along with what we did for the ride.

I also frequently pretended to be a Pokemon trainer. Although that hasn't changed at all.

Haha @ Nic's. I loved to talk too. When I was really little my mom would say I would spend my time while she was grocery shopping reading the signs hanging from the ceiling. Also I would find ways to entertain myself just touching the walls or playing with a cardboard box. /E7

Even though I was pretty easy to spot apparently I was a pretty easy to kid. I would be able to just entertain myself on my own. My one requirement was that someone had to be in the room with me, or else I would get scared. I actually remember it kinda; I would get really freaked out if I was left by myself. /7w6
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

As a toddler, I wasn't shy, I was friendly and would go up to adult strangers, enough such that it caused parents/relatives worry.

Once in school - kindergarten/1st/2nd grade - nothing notable that I can recall, other than teachers thought I was sweet, got along well with peers, was apparently somewhat bubbly, and always had a smile (one referred to it as 'impish' in a report card). I personally don't recall much, really, though, my childhood is one of several reasons I decided I'm not an N.

Maybe I'm an extrovert gone awry long, long ago. Totally moot at this point though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Toddler INTJ daughter: Scowling at older ladies peering into her stroller. Declaring "Why I no LIKE ______ " 17 times a day!
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Somewhere I have a picture of my INTJ when she was, like, four years old. Rolling her eyes. It's amazing they did not get stuck in that position.
    !!

Another one from the same INTJ friend I quoted in the OP: "I was a creepy child. Really, you have no idea. I was SUCH a creepy child."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Me in kindergarten getting my classmates to wage wars against each other in the schoolyard for my enjoyment.
    THUMBS UP, EVERYBODY! FOR WOCK AND WOLL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Toddler ENFP (me):
    - standing up on a pew and singing The Beatles' Shake It A-Baby in church because i liked that song better than what everyone else was singing.

- in tumbling class taking *forever* to somersault across a mat, taking long breaks to just lay there between each tumble, oblivious to the backup of toddlers behind me.

- singing to my new baby sister and each and every one of the stuffed animals in her crib so nobody would feel left out.

- going to the front of the stage and saying, "is everybody having fun yet?" during my preschool recital.

Young ISFJ (sister):
    - always playing mom/teacher when we played together, even though she was younger.

Oh my god -- 7-est 7 to ever 7.

( @ the bolded especially! The Beatles story reminds me SO much of my ENFP bestie.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I remember I was always the one thinking of things for us to do, the older ISTJ brother was the one making sure everything was running smoothly and the rules were clearly established and everything was in control, the INFJ middle brother kept trying to have a really inflated and important role in whatever we did, and the younger ESFP sister didn't really take things as seriously and went along with what we did for the ride.
    This sounds like a beautiful arrangement.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Pretending. By myself and with friends. I would take all of the boards out of the board games and make secret forts or castles. Or, when the grass in the vacant lot next door was waist high, I would hunker down in it and pretend to be in a far away land. Or my best friend and I would pretend to be (here comes the cliche) horses. Or my siblings would help me string a rope across our back yard swing set, and then clothes pin our dad's air force-issue wool blankets to it and hold open the bottoms with bricks from our walkway, and pretend to camp out. I also read a lot of fantasy books as a kid.

Creating. I used to piss off our cat by following her around constantly in order to try to draw pictures of her. I used to try different ways of coloring in the pictures in coloring books. Sometimes I would just outline them in different colors, instead of coloring them inside. Or I would leave parts uncolored. I loved playing with numbers, too. I would write down strings of numbers and then see how many ways I could combine them. I used to love mixing whatever stuff I could find under the bathroom sink together: Comet cleanser, shampoo, cleaning products. Thankfully, I didn't blow up the house or end up with toxic fumes.

Wanting attention. My mom was always telling me I talked too much and too loudly. I was that kid who would do almost anything if you dared me or called me chicken. When my kindergarten teacher was out of the room, I stood up on my desk on a dare. Of course, the teacher came back before I could get down. Posting this.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Toddler ENFP (me):

Young ISFJ (sister):

really cute

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    As a toddler, I wasn't shy, I was friendly and would go up to adult strangers, enough such that it caused parents/relatives worry.

Once in school - kindergarten/1st/2nd grade - nothing notable that I can recall, other than teachers thought I was sweet, got along well with peers, was apparently somewhat bubbly, and always had a smile (one referred to it as 'impish' in a report card). I personally don't recall much, really, though, my childhood is one of several reasons I decided I'm not an N.

Maybe I'm an extrovert gone awry long, long ago. Totally moot at this point though.
    EDIT: sounds like repressed ESTP ESFP social butterfly
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.