User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

What else did you do, my typological brother? More stories plz!!
    I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh man -- fantastic. I just made this face IRL

Wow, you were like a cosmic version of Harriet the Spy?

(Sounds very 1-ish, too.)
    I suppose I was a bit like Harriet. haha.

It made me think of another incident when I read your comment.

Once, when I was about ten, my cousin did something that really made me angry, but I've never been good with angry outbursts, so I went up to my room and plotted a detailed revenge on her. Then I went downstairs and meticously, methodically, carried it out. I never took into account how it would impact her emotionally or physically. After I carried out my revenge, I suddenly felt something I hadn't anticipated and it SHOCKED me. I felt compassion for her. I felt bad that she was in pain. Still, I had staged the whole thing to look like an accident and I never did reveal the truth, that it was carefully planned. I walked away feeling like some sort of little monster child, so I never plotted revenge like that again.

Well, there was the one time that I experimented on something belonging to my mother and accidentally broke it, so I planted evidence to make it look like my ESTP brother had done it. I mean he was always in trouble anyway, one more time wouldn't make much difference. It was wicked and faulty thinking, I know, but I was a kid. He got the punishment for it. As an adult, I look back and feel guilty about what I did to him. My sisters say I used to do that all of the time, plant evidence that made it look like someone else [usually my ESTP brother or my ESFP sister. They were victims!] committed the "crime," leaving my parents to think I was the perfect little child. I think I was 16 when I decided I would never again manipulate people's minds. I grew a true conscience at that age.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned

On the first day of school (I grew up in Kenya so it's different there) I get beaten (corporal punishment was legal) for trying to escape by jumping the fence.

fun times...

I didn't know it then...but that was the first instance of what turned out to be a pretty well established pattern.

It culminated with me being bent over a desk at the ripe age of 15 for what amounted to perceived insubordination. Really, the guy just had it out for me...

Didn't matter. 5 or 6 strokes across the backside with the standard plastic pipe and suspended from school to boot. Walked 3 hours to my mom's workplace as I didn't even have bus fair. Didn't matter. "GET OFF SCHOOL PREMISES!"

Wonder what the hell those teachers would have to say to me now? They'd probably just laugh...

Things are so different in the West. Like a different world, really.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I recall my mother and family saying that if you "put 'Thursday' in a room with another kid, in one minute he will have one more friend."
    I N V I C T U S

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

When I was 3, climbed a tree and nosed dive out of it, ended in the hospital.

Asked my mom if I could go play out side, at first it was in the front lawn. Later I could only play outside when it was dark in the backyard. Nothing to worry about. I could slip out underneath the gate and walk over to my Grandma's place, a few houses away.

Was pretty much a loner, not because I wanted to be, but because I was an outsider most of the time. Never picked, unless I wedged myself in.

When I was 10, I was invited to a birthday party and this family was rich. The mother asked me what I thought of the birthday party and I was being honest. Basically spilling the beans about me not enjoying the party. My mom hanged her head in shame and wanted to beat the shit out of me when we got to the car.

Took some toys apart. Lost interest in them quickly, never assembled them again. Mom was ticked off with that.

I disappeared most of the times, according to them, from home. What I just find strange is how my parents always get themselves in tangle when that happens and come up with the strangest ways of excusing their panic attacks when I'm just right next door.

They seem to think I am oblivious to most of the world. I just don't see the problems that they see. I just see other problems, problems that they don't seem to care about at all, because I'm thinking too far ahead according to them.

Got sent to a hostel when I was 16, because my mom couldn't handle me any more.

Can we rename the thread to 'Somewhat Funny Childhood Anecdotes'?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Can we rename the thread to 'Somewhat Funny Childhood Anecdotes'?
    Yeah it didn't turn out as funny as I expected. Lots of people posting serious things.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When I was in first grade (6 years old), a boy in my class kept teasing and pestering me. I finally punched him in the nose. He was sent to the nurse with a bloody nose, and I was sent to the principal. The principal scolded me for awhile about how it was wrong to hit people, etc. etc. Before letting me go, he asked, "Now, are you going to do that again?" To which I replied, "If 'Billy' keeps bothering me - yes!". Billy left me alone after that.

Not sure how true to type it is, but I still chuckle over it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    When I was in first grade (6 years old), a boy in my class kept teasing and pestering me. I finally punched him in the nose. He was sent to the nurse with a bloody nose, and I was sent to the principal. The principal scolded me for awhile about how it was wrong to hit people, etc. etc. Before letting me go, he asked, "Now, are you going to do that again?" To which I replied, "If 'Billy' keeps bothering me - yes!". Billy left me alone after that.

Not sure how true to type it is, but I still chuckle over it.
    Way to stick to your guns.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Ok this is mine...

When I learned math for the first time I assigned each number (1-10) a personality and a gender.
    All the even numbers were good because they share all they have with their friends. The odd ones are bad because when they share they always keep an extra one for themselves.

1 (m) is lonely and will do anything to get the other numbers to like him. (Anything multiplied by 1 is the same number. 1 is truly spineless)

2 (f) is good and gets along with everyone. (It makes all the bad odd numbers even)

3 (m) is a whiny bratty baby brother of nine (3 x 3 is 9 so yea)

4 (m) is the cool number. His favorite color is blue just like mine (no clue why but it was always my favorite)

5 (m) is smart but is only half as good as 10. (Half of 10 and half as easy for me to multiply)

6 (f) is 7s best friend.

7 (m) Talks about 6 behind her back to 9.

8 (m) is super nice to 9 even though 9 is evil

9 (f) is evil and picks on all the other numbers (I hated 9 because it was the hardest for me to add subtract divide and multiply)

10 (m) is the smartest number and big brother to 5 (Easy for me to add subtract divide and multiply. It’s smart because it makes me feel smart)

I grew out of doing this but 4 is still my favorite number and I still think 9 is a huge jerk lol.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman