User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids being hilariously true to type

4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    EDIT: sounds like repressed ESTP ESFP social butterfly

EDIT: At least ESFP is somewhat more aligned with my childhood description
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Toddler ENFP (me):
    - standing up on a pew and singing The Beatles' Shake It A-Baby in church because i liked that song better than what everyone else was singing.
    Too funny. (Now I can't get the picture out of my head.)
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

IEE Ni

ENFP child: I got into big trouble for writing I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up in the third grade. I also argued why it was a real job

I got the best vocabulary and messiest desk award in the 4th grade

I would speak my mind all the time, stood up for the underdogs any chance I could (bit of a drama queen)

in middle school my teachers told my parents they would love to see the outfits I wore, they said I looked like a punk rock highlighter. And my mom agreed.

.... I agree.....

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    ENFP child: I got the best vocabulary and messiest desk award in the 4th grade
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

I felt really sad when I caught a few of my 5th grade teachers smoking cigarettes. Basically ruined 5th grade prom for me, although this number cheered me up for a bit.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'll start:

Kindergarten INTJ (friend of mine in college):
    • Literally cried from boredom at "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood".
    In the same sentence? I wouldn't hear of it.

When I was really young, maybe 5-6, I would fill the holes our dog dug in the back yard with hose water and sprinkle bark over them. My younger brother would always follow me and (I feel really guilty about this now) it annoyed the hell out of me, so I'd put pieces of candy just beyond the holes. I know, I've secured a spot in hell.

My father always used to pose moral dilemmas and we'd exchange solutions. Once I had a feel for his principles I would police him tirelessly (this was usually my childhood approach to pressure--beat them at their own game). Funny in retrospect, but it was really my only defense from impossible expectations.

In elementary school I was the kid who would circle "or" when girls would slip me "yes or no" notes.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    in tumbling class taking *forever* to somersault across a mat, taking long breaks to just lay there between each tumble, oblivious to the backup of toddlers behind me.
    /getting pushed down the slide by @EJCC...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

4 sp/so

I used to play with my food in interesting ways. I would flatten out and shape mashed potatoes into a large square and then divide that into smaller squares and put pieces of whatever meat we were eating on top of those potato squares. Or I would make the potatoes into a shape and then keep paring away at it, making it smaller and smaller as I ate the potatoes. Lots of geometry and trying to find novel ways to eat my food.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Ok mine:

My parents got freaked out one day because they couldn't find their 2 yo... turns out I had climbed up to the top of the pine trees between my house and the next door neighbors' house. I kid you not... I was a freakish baby...

Also, sucking on a butterscotch candy while going pee in the basement bathroom, the candy fell out of my mouth into the toilet... faced with a dilemma, I decided to fish it out, washed it off in the sink with soap and water and ate it. This was prob age 7 or so... because I have a pretty clear memory.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.